July 29, 2014 | 2063 users online

Cleansers - Desert Essence - Age Reversal Pomegranate Facial Cleansing Gel, Firming

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Since I love Desert Essence and was using the Thoroghly Clean Wash (until I couldn't stand the way too liquid texture) I decided to give this a try after all the rave reviews. I have switched a majority of my skincare to all natural products like Beey Yummy Skinfood, etc and couldn't be happier. However have found finding a natural cleanser that deep clean my clog prone skin/leaves my feeling balanced isn't as easy as I had thought. Either they don't clean my pores well or my face is left feeling raw from the natural hydroxy acids like in this cleanser. Really hoped it had jsut been a fluke but sadly this cleanser stung my face and left it tight and raw feeling. I find that soo odd as I don't have sensitive or dry skin at the least and use glycolcis with no problem. No clue but the natural acid cleanser don't work for me. Can't say I was too dissapointed as this cleanser smells nothing like pomegranate nor is pleasant to use either. Another miss for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by coloredpencils

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is just wonderful for a follow-up cleanser after an oil cleanse to thoroughly remove makeup/residue or for those who do not use makeup. Either way, totally gentle. I really need an oil cleanse to remove my ss and waterproof makeup.Use a gauze cloth to lightly exfoliate. Result is extremely clean skin that is not dry.

Lightly foaming, organic, has a bit of an acid cleanse and nice ingredients, really leaves skin clean but not stripped and ph balanced. A real find for those who use retinoids and do not want to dry out the skin or add a film. Must order directly from desertessence.com as it it not readily available even at Whole Foods anymore, but at less than $10.00 per tube, this is definitely worth finding. See ingredients below. I really love this cleanser and alternate with MD Forte Glycolic. Also use Retin-A gel .25. I do not recommend using for the eye area--my oil cleanser is enough there.

Update: this is wonderful for the warmer months after an oil cleanser to remove sunscreen. It does not strip the skin like other foaming cleansers and leaves it fresh, not dry.

I alternate with MD Forte III in the evening.er

However, for the am, a quick rub with the Pomegranate Facial Gel leaves skin feel clean(yet softened) and ready for whatever it needs for the day: a toner, moisturizer, and, of course, sunscreen.
reE
Uipdate: it seems that you have to order this directly from Desert Essence. Well worth it. Leaves skin clean but not stjripped during warmer months or for those with oilier skin

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by LucyFaye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Iíve just used up a tube of this and wonít be repurchasing. My skin is oily, acne-prone and reactive. This didnít irritate my skin at all but it irritated my eyes if I tried to use it to remove the residue of my eye makeup remover. It removes oil and light makeup well but not heavy foundations or sunscreens or anything waterproof. I didnít find it either drying or moisturizing and I didnít notice any changes in my skin from using this. It has some nice ingredients but I didnít have any firming benefits or any improvements in skin tone or texture from it. I donít like the packaging at all. The product is thin and foamy and really should be in a pump bottle. It would tend to squirt out too much product and be messy. I canít recycle these types of plastic tubes where I live either.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by sheabreaux

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So happy! A cleanser that doesn't cause irritation! It's vegan! Natural! Non-drying! Non-clogging! Not expensive!
Happiness! I kept waiting for it to show its ugly side, but no! It's been almost 2 months! I'm abusing exclamation points!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Bluekittykat8

I started using this about a week ago and I love this product. It is not drying and can get my MU off my face. I really like the smell and I like that it doesn't have all the added products in it. It is my favorite thus far and I started trying the serum to go with it and I like that too. =) I got it at Whole Foods.

Edit* I have decided I still love this but my face does dry somewhat in the winter months so I use their yummy moisturizer and then it's fine =)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Eustace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this cleanser! Leaves my face clean and very smooth. Non-drying and non-irritating. The fragrance is innocuous and the amount of lather is just right. A definite must for me, especially in the summer months.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by burtonsbunny

I like this a lot bc I feel like it is a really powerful cleanser without the side effects of drying, film, or shininess. It feels really nice while washing and leaves your skin soft. Has helps with clogged pores too. Will update when used for more than 1 month. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

An economical and effective cleansing/treatment product. I say "treatment" here, because most cleansers do just that - i.e., they cleanse the skin, removing makeup and grime from the day. I find that this gel does not really remove makeup, but I still think that it's worth the money (and then some). I suggest --- if you use the cleanser at night, then remove your m/u with a baby wipe or your favorite m/u remover. Then, wash your face with this gel. There's not much in the way of a creamy lather. Whatever "lather" you get comes from the motion of your hands on the gel plus a little water. I like how my skin feels clean and refreshed. It's definitely a great one to use in the morning. (So, another alternative is using this product in your morning routine and a more robust cleanser (for m/u and everything else) at night.) Effects of the "age reversal" are apparent after using this product for a few days. As with many other products, you don't see the positive difference that very same day, but after a few days of usage. Consistency of use is key. The first person to post about this product did a fabulous job in listing all the ingredients, so I won't repeat. Suffice to say that I think that this gel is a nice way to start the day and to see some results (slightly smoother, brighter skin).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Gingerly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree, this a great cleanser that is surprisingly gentle and non-stripping yet thoroughly cleansing for my sensitive, break-out prone skin. It does not sting or burn like some AHA products can. It also doesn't foam a lot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2008 2:02:00 AM More reviews by centerfuse

Vegan! Pretty much organic! No "bad stuff" unless you are sensitive to some of the ingredients. I am not.
I've added this review with the "organics" in the product search for ease of use. The original review category was typed by someone who did not review the product. After looking high and low for a "natural" and "organic" product that actually worked very well for my combo/clog-prone, mild rosacea skin (that would, sadly, also be acne prone if not for Retin-A), I want to let others know about this great product.

What it says:
Pomegranate Extract -Contains anti-rich Ellagic Acid and polyphenols. Supports health skin tone and texture.
Cucumber Extract- Firms and tones skin while keeping it soft and hydrated.
Alpha Hydroxy Acids- Help exfoliate and cleanse the skin.

I am really impressed with this cleanser. For the last year, I've been using Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel religiously. My skin likes a follow-up cleanser after using a cleansing oil (Fancl Mild, Lumene, or plain safflower) in order to feel really clean. In addition, Retin-A Micro sometimes causes dry patches (that can easily turn into irritation) and flaking skin.

The Boscia cleanser is wonderful--gentle and rinses well. Why would I switch, right? In truth, I was running low and happened to be in the Whole Foods personal care section, where I am always browsing and *wanting* something "organic" and "clean." The problem with most cleansers, for me, is the sulfates and extra ingredients that annoy my mild rosacea and clog-prone skin.

Read the list of ingredients (typed below) saw aha and bha low in the list along with pretty mild extracts, including cucumber and pomegranate, and figured I'd give it a try. I was a bit wary of the "too much stuff" factor and the addition of essential oils.

Squeeze tube had a nice metal safety tab. Clear gel had a very mild and clean fruit scent--not a heavy essential oil concoction as with many other natural products. It felt cool on my skin *without* any burning/stinging sensation and does not leave me with any redness (although this may be different for those with super sensitive skin). Lightly foaming. Rinsed easily. Skin felt refreshed. Supposedly "firming" from the cucumber extract--and my skin *did* have that nice almost poreless look after rinsing--but I want to add that it was not the tightness that comes from being overly dried.In fact, I;ve been very lucky to experience no signs of irritation, dryness, or clogging. I recently purchased another bottle of the Boscia cleansing gel but find myself preferring the Desert Essence Organics Pomegranate gel!

Ingredient list:
Aqueous Infusion of Certified Organic Extracts: Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower 1, Camellia /sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf 1, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit 1, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Fruit 1, and Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) 1
Organic Vegetable Glycerin,

1-Certified Organic by QAI
2-Certified Organic by EcoCert
3- Certified Organic by Organic Farmers & Growers
100% Vegan/ Wheat & Gluten Free
NO: Parabens, Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfates, phthalates, artificial fragrances or colors, silicones, EDTA, glycol or petroleum-based ingredients.
Cruelty Free and Biodegradable: No animal testing of raw materials or finished product.No Phosphates. Clear Skin, Clear Conscience. Manufactured with Renewable Energy.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No