April 20, 2014 | 1618 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Face Sunscreen SPF 60 with Helioplex

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Smoogle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a good sunscreen, but it is *not* part of the Dry-Touch line. Even if you rub it in well, using the right amount (1/4 tsp) will still make your face feel slightly sticky. There is a slight white cast at first, but it goes away a little after about 30 min. It says it's water/sweatproof. I found that my face was waaay sweatier with this on, but it stayed on pretty well. If you want something very matte, go with the dry touch. If you have drier skin, I would try this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Retrospectiv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been looking for a high SPF face cream, but have never had any luck. I have very sensitive skin prone to breakouts, and also VERY oily. I always buy mattifying face creams (LUSH Enzymion, Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying, etc.) I've used a few lower SPF creams in the past (Oil of Olay SPF, Aveda Tourmaline Oil Free SPF 15, etc.) and they ALL made my face break out and made me a greasy mess before mid-day.

I wanted to go higher protection now that I'm in my 30's so asked my local beautician at Shoppers which cream might be the best to try. I LOVE this face cream!! I got it on sale 2 weeks ago and have been using it ever since. I still dot a little regular moisturizer around my eyes then apply this all over my face. It spreads well, sinks right in and has hardly any scent at all. I've had NO problems with it making my face white or any caking or flaking. It's kept me as oil free as any cream dedicated to doing that and hasn't caused any breakouts (more than I normally get anyhow..). Makeup applies just fine over it.

Wonderful cream for the price. High SPF and nice sized squeeze bottle so it's sanitary. Will DEFINITELY repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since it is getting nicer out and I will be in the sun more often I decided to up the SPF with my face products. I bought this sunscreen for about $14 which is a decent price for a large bottle like this one. I wear this on top of my moisturizer in the morning and I haven't experience any white cast on my skin! Maybe since I use a very small amount and rub it in right away. It dries nice and matte and does not make my face feel greasy or oily at all. My primer and makeup glided nicely over this and it did not effect them negatively in any way. I am really liking this sunscreen, it hasn't clogged my pores or given me zits which is great since I am very acne prone and sensitive. I would recommend this to everyone for the summer time and really any time, you should always be protecting your skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by flyingwind66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I did a lot of research on sunscreen ingredients before settling on this one. I like that this is broad spectrum (blocks uva and uvb rays). Without getting into too much detail, the 'helioplex' is the name neutrogena gave for their formula for stabilizing avobezone and oxybenzone in sunlight (these are the active ingredients that absorb the uv rays)

The way this product reacted to my skin was a little odd... if I applied the product too thickly, instead of absorbing over time, like most creams, it would sit on my skin and dry to a white and flaky substance. Anything that did absorb would start to flake if I rubbed my skin.

So the my solution to this weird absorption reaction was to add my moisturizer on top.

I have heard conflicting opinions on whether moisturizer or sunscreen should go on first from my doctor, from the 'expert' at the makeup counter, from 'experts' on the internet. My conclusion is to just do what works for you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

While this sunscreen works really well on my body whenever I wear this on my face where it is supposedly supposed to go it burns so badly. It doesn't break me out and it does have a pretty nice matte finish and is not too thick but I cannot use it on my face its just way too irritating.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

If you have ACNE PRONE or SENSITIVE SKIN DO NOT BUY THIS! AVOID HELIOPLEX like a plague....

Helioplex uses a chemical reaction to deflect the sun's rays from your skin. The reaction can create heat bumps on sensitive skin and is particularly problematic for people with acne. Look for a sunscreen with fewer chemical (titanium or zinc oxide is a good alternative). Also avoid fragrance... (paraphrased from the Mayo clinic).

I wish I would have taken the time to research sunscreen and the chemicals that are used BEFORE I tried this product... Could I get a HELL NO option for 'would you buy this again'? I used the body mist version 1 time and got - literally - 100+ white heads that slowly turned into cystic acne for months (TMI, but it's worth saying)! It's finally clearing up, but because of my fair skin I'm left with scarring and red marks all over my jaw line!!! I'm also completely traumatized.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by AsianDiva123

I'm surprised at the numbers of bad reviews. I'm on my 3rd tube. A couple of years I started using a separate sunscreen on top of my day time moisturizer. I use this sun screen everyday of the year. I find that my skin has gotten way better since I started doing that. I don't find it thick like some people say. In face I find it dries up pretty quickly. The tube package is very easy to use and travel with. I pay from $11-14 CAD and I think that's pretty reasonable for a face sunscreen. Also I like it that it doesn't have a strange smell like some some other sun blocks do. I don't have any problems with break out with this product. As I said I'm on my 3rd tube and I'll keep on buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by a1rahma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Made me break out after a few uses and even caused peeling on my cheeks and nose! I have normal skin and most products work on it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by mariadyan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this product last year since it was on sale for about 7.99 CDN from its original price of 13.99 CDN. This is very difficult to spread on my face since it's quite thick and it leaves a white film if not blended well. To combat this, I usually mix this with my moisturizer (1/3 of this and 2/3 moisturizer) and it usually works well that way for me. The sad thing though is it breaks me out, giving me little whiteheads on my cheeks and my forehead. I recently invested in another sunscreen (Shiseido) and if that works well for my face, I would just use this on my chest, neck and arms.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this with a bargain price. I was looking for a sunscreen with higher SPF that can be an alternative to the Shiseido one I was using. That one was ok but still left my skin a bit greasy. I was swinging between this one the the SPF55 but decided to buy this because it is fragrance free.

It is thicker than Shiseido but I find it to be pretty easy to blend in. It does not leave my skin feeling oily and greasy even though when I touch my face, I could tell that I am wearing a sunscreen. It is winter now so I do not need a lot so I think this could last a long way.

I have not experiencing any white spots, stricks or break outs as of now. Will update in the future