July 23, 2014 | 1810 users online

Moisturizers - Derma E - Age-Defying Night Creme With Astaxanthin and Pycnogenol

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by nxw5883

Another okay product from derma-e. I like the consistency, it's thick but it's not overly greasy so I feel like I'm getting good coverage. I don't see dry patches after I put it on, and my skin feels supple and moisturized. But when I wake up, it seems like my skin looks worse than usual. I can't really explain it, there's no breakout or clogged pores or anything, just that it doesn't look energized. It's all natural, paraben- and cruelty-free though, so if I can't find anything better I'll probably stick with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by indiana2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I received a jar of this as a birthday gift (as I always does as I grow older ;) ) At first, I was turned off by the color and the smell. Next morning, I was a convert! Skin felt smoother, pores smaller and there was clarity. Although I find, as with other products, if you constantly use them, somehow you stop getting the positive results you've had in the beginning. I would stray from time to time, alternating with my sweet almond/grapeseed oil combo. Only to come back to my Derma E to experience that exhilarating smoothness again. Even my husband started using it. Only caveat is the price. Otherwise, a little goes a long way and it works double as an eye cream, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by marnie7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this from a sample and I liked the way it felt and that it absorbed quickly. However based on the strong scent I will not purchase a full sized product. The orange colour is a bit off-putting too.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by dredd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this since last fall and at it does have a scent, but it goes away quickly. This winter my face feels hydrated (finally). My face looks soft,smooth and not so red. 1/2011 update: Why did they add Lavendar to this? Arrgh! It now has an overwhelming strong scent and I've also read that lavendar is not good for sensitive skin so I'm not risking it. Going back to the fragrance-free pycnogenol moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 3:24:00 AM More reviews by hotmonkeysandwich

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cream is amazing and I can't believe how cheap it is compared to all the other creams out there that don't even work and have yucky ingredients in them! I have just finished my first jar (lasted about 5 months using only at night) and I can honestly say my skin has never looked so good. My skin is glowing and I haven't had any breakouts in months. My dermatologist just said to me yesterday that my skin looked incredible and asked what I was using.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 3:04:00 AM More reviews by glitteralex

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is from a sealed sample package. The color is puce; the color of pycogenol, which I take as a supplement as well. The texture is more that of a lotion, but it definitely wears like a cream. Not sticky, but very moisturizing. It spreads and absorbs very nicely-not something that can be said for all natural products. The smell is off-putting, to me it's not floral, but more like it needs a scent! Maybe this is an old sample?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 3:20:00 AM More reviews by pepper1025

I really liked this product! I'm half way through a jar right now and am very pleased with the results. My skin is visibly glowing in the morning! i originally purchased this product because it contains Astaxanthin ( I've been looking for a product with this ingredient for a while) and is suppose to be 500x more potent than vitamin e! Love it and will definitely buy again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 9:39:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was not impressed with this product. The first thing I noticed was that it had a strong floral fragrance that I found unpleasant. Once I applied the product, it made my eyes sting, probably because of the strong fragrance. The texture was slightly sticky because of the high concentration of glycerin. And if all that weren't enough, it made me break out. Finally, I hate jar packaging. Overall, I will not repurchase this product.
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearic Acid, Organic Jojoba Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Astaxanthin (BioAstin), Pinus Pinaster (Pycnogenol) Bark Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ergocalciferol (Vitamin D), Retinyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Essential Oils. continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No