July 31, 2014 | 1940 users online

Hair - Pert Plus 2-In-1 Shampoo + Medium Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by kaitlynndiane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a weird scalp. Dry at the base of my neck area and oily at the top. This shampoo/conditioner is the only conditioning product I can use without making my hair too oily. Also detangles! Smells wonderful and keeps my hair cleaner for much longer than expensive shampoos I've used (don't waste your money on John Freida...)!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I mostly use this as a bubble bath for myself and my kids-- it smells so springtime-fresh. Four lippies just for the great and very distinctive scent that takes me back to the '80s, and for this being a pretty nice bubble bath/shower gel that doesn't dry skin. As for my hair, this is about average-- no more or less drying than regular shampoos without added conditioner. I only shampoo every 2 weeks anyway (I condition and rinse daily) so I'm not too picky about my shampoo. If you're a daily shampooer with dry hair, Pert contains lots of ammonium sulfates and likely will dry out your hair despite the silicone (dimethicone) they throw into the mix so they can claim it "conditions." When I was shampooing more often, I stuck with sulfate-free salon brands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty sure the medium one was the one in my mom's shower. I can't check because she lives out of state. But anyways, awesome stuff!! Smells great. Would totally purchase for my own shower. =)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by whitesoxrock

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Brings me back to memories at the beach because of the smell. Yummy! Anyways, it does seem to condition, being a 2 in 1, but not moisturizing enough for my hair. I bring it on trips, but thats really all I use it for, but I'd still use it because of the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by skylark

I remember using this as a kid in the 90's but I HATED it then because it was green. now days its a huge time saver and pick me up in the mornings. the scent is really clean and it takes me back to childhood carefree days. I get great hair all the time from this (for reference I have straight asian hair). *** however after a week or two after using it, there is some product build up so I have to use some apple cider vinegar to clear it up. i'm not taking a lippie off bc despite that its still the best shampoo everrr

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by fallenrainxx

Not a lot of people have heard about Pert haircare products, but that's so unfortunate. I love this 2-in-1 Happy Medium Shampoo-it makes my frizzy and dry hair so soft and moisturized, but never leaving it greasy. The shampoo is definitely gentle enough for daily usage and it saves you time because the conditioner is already added in. As for the price, I got two large bottles in a twin pack for less than $20-what a great deal! Mine came with an extra pump, in case you like to pump out the product instead of squeezing it out the bottle, which I find very useful. I would definitely recommend this to everyone and I would totally buy this again :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2009 3:26:00 AM More reviews by sweetkandi87

I love the smell of this shampoo, and the convenience... But I just found after a while it seemed to make my scalp itchy! I dont know why, but i know it was this because I had used it for probably 2 to 3 weeks staright at that time. I will repurchase this only because my husband likes it. He uses it everyday with no problems. So maybe Im just a lil odd lol. So it gets a 3 because he loves it, but I cant use it. Its just good for maybe a camping trip or something for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 1:40:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

I was really hoping to like this, but unfortunately, it didn't detangle enough and made my scalp itch like crazy. The fresh, clean scent was fabulous, though. Unfortunately, the cons outweigh the pros, so I won't be buying this again. =(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by m331

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love pert plus! I have long, fine hair that tends to go flat/get oily. Pert de-tangles and helps cut static without weighing my hair down. I have the bottle with mint in it right now. I like it a lot. I had Aveda mint & rosemary previously... and I prefer Pert!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im surprised it took me until now to review this. This has been a staple in my shower since I was a child - Its what my dad uses. It smells absolutely amazing (aside from the new rosemary one which reminds me of mens shave gel). The original is the best, you get a good amount for the money & it leaves hair very soft, but not weighed down. It does not leave the hair feeling coated, even in the hard water I have used it in, in various parts of the country. Beware, I bought a tube of Pert conditioner however (not 2-1), and it was god awful, so steer clear of that.
I have spent so much money on hair products through the years with different colors and cuts - everything from baby shampoo to high end conditioners, its funny that this pleases me so much. For reference, I have dark, curly/wavy hair that is halfway down my back. No longer colored but heat-styled on occasion. I try to wear it natural as often as possible due to length, and this enables me to do that.