July 24, 2014 | 1029 users online

Skincare - Face - Tretinoin Cream 0.1%

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Wonderful

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Bryanlear

I love it, this is great to treat the acne but it is really expensive in the USA

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by kaylayy16

love this stuff. had some.bad acne.on my cheeks and.not.only did.it.clear that up but it is taking care of the scarring acne left behind as well. Skin might get a little itchy or inflamed when you first use it but that's how it works so if you're patient and follow the instructions (not intense sunlight, use sunscreen) you should be fine. Definitely would/ will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by jeremyswife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Life saver!! After giving birth 10 months ago my face exploded in acne that would not go away. Within a six month period my derm and I tried several different tretinoins the first was atralin gel which is well liked here on mua but my skin hated it. My skin was severely broke out, clogged and not healing or getting better. The 2nd was 0.5% cream and it worked better. It cleared my skin better than the atralin and was slowly helping with the left over hyperpigmentation. But it wasn't until I started the 0.1% that I seen a huge improvement! My skin was pretty much done purging with the 0.5% and the 0.1% has been working wonder on the texture and tone of my skin. I use it every single night. I personally don't think building up a tolerance and stating tretinoin slowly is a good idea. Iny experience it prolonged the purging and healing process. Your skin will look hideous for awhile. Trust me my face looked so ugly and I really just wanted to stay indoors but it will get better. That's why using everyday is important your skin gets used to it quicker! My skin is looking so much better! I can apply a light layer of foundation and go out the door and feel beautiful and confident. I went to the mall the other day and a lady working behind a Lancome counter said wow you have such beautiful glowing skin. If she woukd have seen me last month she would not have believed how bad my skin was. I will forever use this and I think it should be a staple in every woman's skin routine. It feels so nice to see me looking in the mirror and not see huge puss filled acne on my cheeks. I have my cofidence back!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by xrainbowbarf

This product is great!

I started using it after developing acne all of a sudden...and in my mid 20's to boot. I used a foundation that left me with horrendous repercussions and felt desperate when the breakouts, clogging and acne would not stop for months after putting a stop to this foundation.

Now, first week into using it, I broke out HORRENDOUSLY. I knew that it was a purging process, however, I was astonished at how quickly pimples would rise, mature, dry out and go away. What I LOVE about this product is how short the lifespan of a pimple is. I broke out horribly on Saturday, I grazed my cheek with my finger on Sunday and felt a bunch of dried up blackheads halfway out the pore.

I have not noticed much peeling, but I also clean my face with my Clarisonic daily (with a VERY gentle cleanser, I might add). I do not leave the brush on specific areas as instructed, as I felt it would be too much exfoliation for my skin to handle, but I use the brush to scrub my entire face LIGHTLY for 20 seconds. It's enough to get rid of blackheads and comedones on their way out of the pore without having to manually extract them and it takes care of whatever peeling is going on.

I still have acne, as I've only been on this medication for approximately two weeks, but my skin is significantly better and I cannot wait to be zit-free! Also a huge perk - I'm already noticing a diminishing of my smile lines. Pimple and wrinkle free? Hell yes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by spackle_n_smear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A PRESCRIPTION GRADE retinoid product should be the core of your skincare regime for anti-aging! This is my mantra, this is my belief, this is FACT for me. I wish I had never stopped using it since my teens. I've started again, and I've been on Retin-A 0.1% for about 6 months now, and it's done a miraculous job of clearing away years of buildup, my skin looks smoother and less spotted. I look in the mirror and satisfied that I am finally fighting back against time. Now that I'm working with a cleaner canvas, so to speak, the anti-aging products that I used to use that took a while to see a noticeable difference now is finally sinking into my skin and really working! My skin looks brighter, glowing and fresh and firm! So don't throw away your little miracle workers yet for another product. Just add Retin-A to your regime. I use 0.1% because .05% really didn't do anything to my skin. I don't use much, little smudges on the forehead, cheeks, nose and chin removes years of buildup. Like I said, it's been only 6 months for me, and I've erased at least 5 to 10 years. Visit your Derm or find it online, start on a tube of Retin-A if you're over 35. Highly, whole-heartedly recommended. If you think it costs too much, just think of all the dollars you spend on other stuff that really didn't work at all. Prescription retinoids are a sound investment that works. Not instantly, but you'll be totally amazed once your skin returns to a more optimal state. The effects are more dramatic than any cream, lotion, or serum I've ever used, from the drugstore variety right up to the $250 creams and lotions. I know now that it'll be a permanent step in my skincare regime from here on end.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Funbeans

REALLY WORKS!!! I'm 19 years old and I have SEVERE acne. We're talking about TONS of cystic acne that leave nasty pitted scars and discoloration. I went to the doctors and they prescribed this to me. This is a miracle!!! After a couple weeks I'm definitely seeing progress. However do be warned that this can dry out your skin a lot. My skin was peeling like CRAZZY to the point that I didn't want to be seen by anyone. However, do not stop. Your skin is just adjusting to it. Also, make sure to apply sunscreen during the day because this makes your skin sensitive to the sun. Although this cream takes time to work, the results are definitely worth it. TRUST ME. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by rjackson42

Let me begin saying that before I used Tretinoin .1% cream, I had pretty severe acne. Like it was getting to the point I would be depressed. In May I began using this product. The first two weeks were hell... HUGE pimples and I was getting upset, but that's a good thing. It means Tretinoin is doing it's job. After about 6 weeks of this stuff, I noticed a big improvement. I have acne scars basically.. everywhere. All down my chin, jaw line, forehead, it sucks. And I can't imagine how bad it would be now if I hadn't have had used Tretinoin! Well, now it's July, and I've reached the 8 week period, and the difference is very impressive, however, I'm about half way done with this medication, and by that I mean I still will take it until about November. (They claim after 6 months maximum results can be seen). So yeah, just make sure you wear tons of sunscreen and that you moisturize, because it makes you very vulnerable to UV rays. Also, make sure if you use chemical peels with glycolic acid, use those in the morning, then use tretinoin at night. That's what works best.. and the duo for me has helped immensely:)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

I've been using tretinoin creams on and off for years in different strengths and brands mainly for acne, for the last few years I have been using tretinoin cream in 0.1% strength so hence my review landing here. This is the only stuff that can clear my skin and help with pigmentation, downside is the flakies but I've learnt not to use this coming up to an event where I need to look good. I don't use this every single night either now, since starting acne.org products I haven't needed to, acne.org helped my skin a lot but to get my skin to be on its best behavior I had to incorporate a tretinoin cream again, also now as I'm getting older I also wanted to use it to try and keep wrinkles at bay. I use this about every 3 to 4 nights now applying to all of my face, or if my skin comes up with a few spots either during that time of the month or from being overworked/stressed I'll use it consecutively for 2 or 3 nights, I still get the peeling but I don't get so much redness or sensitivity as what I used to get when I used this every night. I use sunblock 30+ every day whether raining or sunny as well since its a must when using any tretinion creams, and I'm hoping the combination of tretinoin and sunscreen lets me age gracefully so fingers crossed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by gypsytejas

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this product for 20 years and people always comment on how good my skin looks. My sister (who doesn't use it) is always asking me why I don't have any wrinkles. Of course, I don't smoke and always use sunscren, rain or shine. But it's also due in part to the use of this little miracle worker. I only use it at night, and every other day.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No