Tretinoin Cream 0.1%

4.6

I use Renova which is .02% tretinoin and have been thrilled with the results - lines and wrinkles noticeably reduced or eliminated. I had tried retain A a few years ago, but had to stop using it because it made my skin dry and flaky and even when I used it only 2 to 3 times a week my skin could never tolerate it. I agree with reviewers who say prescription tretinoin is the best anti-aging product available (and dermatologists agree!). The prescription product is indeed quite expensive but worth every penny! I might also note that about a year ago I tried Paula's Choice 1% retinol product just to compare it to my Renova. After using for a month my skin was regressing, so it was back to Renova for me! Also, for anyone who has had trouble adjusting to Renova, I suggest you be sure to wait at least 30 minutes after cleansing and exfoliating to apply it. This information is included with the pamphlet that comes with the prescription but is easy to overlook. The "waiting period" is essential to help your skin tolerate the stronger prescription strength.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I started using Tretinoin about 2 months ago, and it has slowly started to change the appearance and texture of my skin for the better.

I started out applying it every two days, and have now been using it nightly for about a month now. The only way I will apply it on my skin is by mixing in a pea-sized amount with my night moisturizer, which helps make the transition phase (when your skin isn't used to it yet and starts peeling and become a little irritated) less awful.

The transition process was a little rough: my skin would occasionally become really dry and flakey for a few days in a row which made wearing make-up impossible. But I stuck through it (it wasn't too bad to be honest, you just have to get over not having excellent skin for a few days), and am now experiencing fewer breakouts, a decrease in their severity, and more even skin tone.

(Disclaimer: I also recently switched to using the Eminence Organics skin care line, which could also be contributing to the improvement in my skin).

GOOD WORD OF ADVICE: ALWAYS use sunscreen during the day when using this product (I use Clarins SPF 40 which has been really compatible with my acne-prone skin), and stay out of the sun.

Good luck!

Just for some info i am using the Indian version by menarni

I am currently using the 0.1 gel and it working good currently i am on week 4 and looking to up the dose from 3 times a week to 4 times a week. Just use a good moisturizer in the morning to avoid peeling. The 0.05 gel didnt do much for me and just made my skin oily it could be due to the oil base.

Here is where i got mine - http://www.bonanza.com/booths/mjunaid4u

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wrote a review about tretinoin in 2012.

I've been using this since 2010. This is my 5th year edit: do not get on this product. The blowback will be the worst acne than even before you started out with. It'll make you regret you even went on medication in the first place. Do not use this cream for acne. I'm currently healing my skin with a raw food diet. Look up Dr Morse ND on YouTube.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Wonderful

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love it, this is great to treat the acne but it is really expensive in the USA

love this stuff. had some.bad acne.on my cheeks and.not.only did.it.clear that up but it is taking care of the scarring acne left behind as well. Skin might get a little itchy or inflamed when you first use it but that's how it works so if you're patient and follow the instructions (not intense sunlight, use sunscreen) you should be fine. Definitely would/ will repurchase

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Life saver!! After giving birth 10 months ago my face exploded in acne that would not go away. Within a six month period my derm and I tried several different tretinoins the first was atralin gel which is well liked here on mua but my skin hated it. My skin was severely broke out, clogged and not healing or getting better. The 2nd was 0.5% cream and it worked better. It cleared my skin better than the atralin and was slowly helping with the left over hyperpigmentation. But it wasn't until I started the 0.1% that I seen a huge improvement! My skin was pretty much done purging with the 0.5% and the 0.1% has been working wonder on the texture and tone of my skin. I use it every single night. I personally don't think building up a tolerance and stating tretinoin slowly is a good idea. Iny experience it prolonged the purging and healing process. Your skin will look hideous for awhile. Trust me my face looked so ugly and I really just wanted to stay indoors but it will get better. That's why using everyday is important your skin gets used to it quicker! My skin is looking so much better! I can apply a light layer of foundation and go out the door and feel beautiful and confident. I went to the mall the other day and a lady working behind a Lancome counter said wow you have such beautiful glowing skin. If she woukd have seen me last month she would not have believed how bad my skin was. I will forever use this and I think it should be a staple in every woman's skin routine. It feels so nice to see me looking in the mirror and not see huge puss filled acne on my cheeks. I have my cofidence back!

This product is great!

I started using it after developing acne all of a sudden...and in my mid 20's to boot. I used a foundation that left me with horrendous repercussions and felt desperate when the breakouts, clogging and acne would not stop for months after putting a stop to this foundation.

Now, first week into using it, I broke out HORRENDOUSLY. I knew that it was a purging process, however, I was astonished at how quickly pimples would rise, mature, dry out and go away. What I LOVE about this product is how short the lifespan of a pimple is. I broke out horribly on Saturday, I grazed my cheek with my finger on Sunday and felt a bunch of dried up blackheads halfway out the pore.

I have not noticed much peeling, but I also clean my face with my Clarisonic daily (with a VERY gentle cleanser, I might add). I do not leave the brush on specific areas as instructed, as I felt it would be too much exfoliation for my skin to handle, but I use the brush to scrub my entire face LIGHTLY for 20 seconds. It's enough to get rid of blackheads and comedones on their way out of the pore without having to manually extract them and it takes care of whatever peeling is going on.

I still have acne, as I've only been on this medication for approximately two weeks, but my skin is significantly better and I cannot wait to be zit-free! Also a huge perk - I'm already noticing a diminishing of my smile lines. Pimple and wrinkle free? Hell yes.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A PRESCRIPTION GRADE retinoid product should be the core of your skincare regime for anti-aging! This is my mantra, this is my belief, this is FACT for me. I wish I had never stopped using it since my teens. I've started again, and I've been on Retin-A 0.1% for about 6 months now, and it's done a miraculous job of clearing away years of buildup, my skin looks smoother and less spotted. I look in the mirror and satisfied that I am finally fighting back against time. Now that I'm working with a cleaner canvas, so to speak, the anti-aging products that I used to use that took a while to see a noticeable difference now is finally sinking into my skin and really working! My skin looks brighter, glowing and fresh and firm! So don't throw away your little miracle workers yet for another product. Just add Retin-A to your regime. I use 0.1% because .05% really didn't do anything to my skin. I don't use much, little smudges on the forehead, cheeks, nose and chin removes years of buildup. Like I said, it's been only 6 months for me, and I've erased at least 5 to 10 years. Visit your Derm or find it online, start on a tube of Retin-A if you're over 35. Highly, whole-heartedly recommended. If you think it costs too much, just think of all the dollars you spend on other stuff that really didn't work at all. Prescription retinoids are a sound investment that works. Not instantly, but you'll be totally amazed once your skin returns to a more optimal state. The effects are more dramatic than any cream, lotion, or serum I've ever used, from the drugstore variety right up to the $250 creams and lotions. I know now that it'll be a permanent step in my skincare regime from here on end.

Popular Face Skincare Products