October 22, 2014 | 1141 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - Rouge Absolu Creme

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by starletdust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this in 'absolute rouge' and I love it!! It's so bold and rich and creamy and moisturising! And I love the smell! It smells heavily perfumed and talcy, it's gorgeous! I find myself sat wrinkling my nose and lips together continuously sniffing it haha!!

The colour is very bold and vibrant and stays on really well although it does transfer to almost anything you touch with your lips, but you can't really expect a rich moisturising lipstick to grip like a liner. It looks dewy when applied and doesn't bleed without the aid of a lip liner. The case feels heavy and expensive and it seals with a magnetic clasp so you never have to worry about losing the lid!! I bought the limited edition version, so cute with a little picture of the eiffel tower on the lid in gold :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by makeuptester60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love lancome lipsticks, the formula feels light on my lips and even the reds don't "bleed" on my mature lips. I love Lancome and Dior lip products equally.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by m241187n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, so I love lipstick...I do, I love MAC , Dior, Chanel, YSL, Sisley, and of course- my all time lipstick lover is Lancome. I have so many lipsticks from so many brands, but there is something about the Lancome formulations...they are simply the best.
This review is regarding a specific shade which I am loving right now- Idole 134 (see it on the UK site). It's an orange toned red lipstick which to me is an amazing dupe for MAC's Lady Danger. While LD is matte and somewhat drying (still love it...), Lancome's 134 is hydrating and creamy. Now don't get me wrong, I love matte lipsticks- it's just that sometimes when I have drier lips, I prefer lip products that don't make lips seem even drier. I mean, sometimes you want a bold lip despite of the dryness- Lancome's formulations are hands down the best solution! They give hydration, feel creamy, are not glossy and give an almost matte result when blotted (even better than matte...).
Anyway, the container is expensive with a magnetic clasp (you do pay a small fortune...so Lancome has to deliver).
As for the shade: I have green eyes, fair/pale skin with pink/light light yellow undertones, and semi-dark blonde hair- this shade (134) works well for me.
I find that bold lipsticks look really good of fair skin, so those of you who are afraid to rock a bold lip- try it! This shade has orange undertones, which work really well with pale skin and make blue/green eyes pop. I've always heard that blue-red's are best for pale skin, but I just don't agree. Blue-red's are way to harsh for pale skin and gives a vampire look. Orange-reds warm up the skin and make you look more alive.
Anyway, red is a color any girls can rock- you just have to find the shade-family that works for you. So, try a 100 lipsticks if you must- one of them is your red!
If you lack the guts to rock a bold lipstick, try a gloss (I personally can't stand glosses...), but they might build up your confidence for a flashy bold lipstick :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this from a lovely MUAer as an extra. I must say i love the color (pink organza) & feel BUT like a few others have mentioned the smell is just too powerful! I was hoping it would go away after a few mins like some other lippies but it didnt :( Looks like another line i'll be dodging (like EL).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 5:18:00 AM More reviews by Tenerifebeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this lipstick! I have uploaded my picture up (the picture first picture of the lips) and I adore this lipstick! I have it in shade 253 Brun Evasion, and its makes me lips smooth, full and the color is gorgeous! (although the lighting makes the lipstick color look orange but the shade is a very dark pink) I love how it moisturizers my lips  I would definitely say this is my favourite lipstick to go to (especially for the winter)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

These lipsticks are so creamy and so moisturizing. I don't use lipgloss on top because of how smooth they are. The colors are so rich and my lips feel very comfortable when I have this on. There are quite a few colors to choose from. I own this in Exotic Orchid (which is a lot more reddish-pink than the swatch on the Sephora website), Creme de Marron (a creamy, medium brown), and Perfect Fig. I love the formula of this lipstick and would definitely try other colors if I got them for free (like in a GWP) or as part of a set, as I did with the ones I currently own. As nice as these are I would never pay $29USD/$32CAD for a single lipstick just because (especially when you can get them for free!!).

*One lipstick off for the price

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by mommafletch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great wear!!!
1. Sugar Maple- my "perfect" red
2. Jezebel- my favorite "go out and make a statement" lippie!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I apply this with a brush so it doesn't look too red. I like it a lot but I think it tastes bad, and it's really dry on my lips. It is also a little bit too serious for me (lol) so I will not buy a full size. (I got this color in a palette or something)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Saucygirl

I love lipstick. It's the only cosmetic that I wear everyday. So I'm a little bit picky. This is by far my favorite. I own it in Champagne, Pink Organza, Sugared Maple (not my favorite color), and Framboise (which may not actually be a Le Rouge Absolu, I'll have to check.)

Anyway, Champagne is my favorite color. It's a classic pink that's not shimmery, glittery, glossy, or matte. It's just a nice normal pink. And so moisturizing! I wear it and after four hours, when I would have to apply some lip balm or gloss to another brand, it's still perfect!

I really can't say enough about this lipstick. If you have 24ish dollars to spend on a lipstick, this is the one to get!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the Absolu line. I have Amande Sucree, Bijou, Mauvette and Red, and they all have rich, flattering pigmentation and a formula that doesn't dry out my mouth. My favorites are Sucree (a great nude that doesn't have too much brown) and Mauvette (a pretty pink plum), but they are all wearable and suit different situations well. I don't like the long ingredient lists (and most of their contents), so I may not buy again.