Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara

3.8

I usually wear nothing but waterproof mascaras, but I received a full size of this for free with a recent order and thought I would give it a try.

The brush is quite large and cumbersome, and I find that no matter how carefully I apply, I always end up with the mascara on my eyelids. It does not do much of anything for my lashes, it neither lengthens nor thickens, just slightly defines.

The formula is quite wet and you have to be careful after application as this stuff can get everywhere! I wore this for half a day when I was in an air conditioned room, and it smudged terribly under my eyes. I wore it with Clarins Double Fix on top, and it still smudged.

I can see how this conditions lashes, it feels very moisturizing and is very easily removed so there are no lashes lost like with removal of waterproof mascara.

I will continue to use up (but grudgingly though, I do not like to waste products) but I will not be purchasing this when it runs out. I am glad that I received this for free as I would be very disappointed if I actually had to pay for this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this Mascara! I ordered it online and read the reviews here afterwards and I was a little stressed because many reviewers had mentioned panda eyes and well no body wants that! So when it arrived and I tried it out for the first time I was very cautious not to blink right after application and let it dry first. The results were great, it gives my lashes a natural look and does not turn into lumps after a little while (the problem I have with drugstore brands), it feels very hydrating but at the same time it has a good staying power, I have not yet experienced the panda eyes! (I only wear it for daily use and do not take naps etc with mascara on and I am also careful not to rub my eyes), make sure to take it wipe it off thoroughly before you take a shower though, I forgot to do so once and the minute I turned on the water all the mascara was washed into my eyes, very quickly, and it was really painful (I guess this is fair enough since it is not a waterproof mascara). All in all I am really happy with it for normal daily usage and I feel it has been very gentle on my lashes, will re-purchase if it runs out.

I bought this mascara after my eyelashes were absolutely ruined from semi-permanent lashes, leaving them short and sparse. I asked around all the beauty counters and explained my situation and this one seemed to be the most promising.
This mascara definitely gives a natural look which is not really my favourite, a lot of patience and layering is need to make it look good. However I wasn't wearing it for looks and usually wore liquid eyeliner to hide it.
Now to the point, it has improved my lashed dramatically! People close to me have noticed that my lashes are much longer now when I have no make up on, so it has helped them grow back to how they are naturally.
So basically, I wouldn't recommend this for a full lash look but I would recommend it for anyone who's lashes need some TLC,

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I really wanted to like this mascara because its gold packaging sang to me to purchase it but the excitement disappeared once I applied this to my lashes. The formula is way too wet and it takes FOREVER to dry. It also makes my eyelids pretty itchy. For $20.00??? It's outrageously expensive! My HG mascara is the original L'oreal Carbon Black Voluminous Mascara. It's a whole lot less than this crap, works immensely and it's hypoallergenic. Took this back to Macy's.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really, really like this mascara for an everyday use. It doesn't clump and it goes on my lashes really, really beautifully. I do wish it had more volume though.

Can't remember how much this was but probably more on the expensive side. This mascara was pretty average from what I can remember, like it's nothing to really rave about but it did the same thing most mascaras do.

The real problem I had was that it smudged easily and often dropped those little black dots (like small flakes of mascara fallen off eyelashes) which gathered under my eye throughout the day. So basically I would look in the mirror to take it off at the end of the day and see this had happened yet again. It's very annoying when this happens especially since we can't always be near a mirror to check, right?

So yeah, it was pretty good as far as a mascara goes but I couldn't really get past the problem mentioned above. There was no way around it so I eventually stopped using the mascara altogether and moved onto another.

I, of course, loved the beautiful and sleek packaging the moment I saw this product. Unfortunately I didn't love what was inside as much as what was outside. The product will definitely give you raccoon eyes if you sneeze or close your eyes for too long after applying it, and it stays wet for far too long. I have pretty short lashes, and I didn't notice much gain on length or volume. I don't think I will purchase this item again, unfortunately.

When I was gifted this product I was instantly excited to try this product due to the sleek, gorgeous gold tube it presents itself in. Having never tried a make up product from Elizabeth Arden, only skin and of course their wonderful perfumes, I was intrigued to see if this product matched up.
PROS:
- The packaging is so beautiful and expensive looking.
- Thin and compact, handy for not taking up too much space when in your make up bag.
- The formula is what you call a very 'wet' mascara which I usually dislike yet this doesn't stop the product from giving you volume.
- Easy to remove
- Separates your lashes significantly
- Adds a lot of length after a few coats

CONS:
- The price! 22 for a product very similar to a couple of Maybelline's mascaras.
- Takes a while to dry, one blink and it has transferred above and below your eye, can be quite annoying when in a rush
- Although gives volume, lacks the 'dryness' I like in other mascaras that really thickens up the base of your lashes
- Takes a while to build up

I am enjoying this mascara very much but due to many factors I will not be purchasing this again and will be sticking to my trusty Benefit They're Real in the future
Britt x

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted this mascara to be my HG mascara but sadly it wasn't. This mascara doesn't really ever dry and it smudges VERY easily. I end up with panda eyes a few hours after application. I've had to use a waterproof mascara over this to make it set. Very disappointed as it actually looks great on. A very expensive messy mascara.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great mascara! I cannot speak as to how long my lashes are because of it but the mascara itsel has my lashes looking fab! I love the winged effect it appears to give me.

Popular Mascaras