October 24, 2014 | 1785 users online

Foundations - Boots - No7 True Identity Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by cagedpopmachine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really have been happy with this 'foundation' the texture is mousse-like and soft, it goes on wonderfully, lasts around 10 hours in the current dry weather, doesn't clog my skin, and makes my skin look nice and smooth--I have a small scar on my face which this basically blurs away and large pores on my cheeks and nose that look barely noticeable with this!
The negative side is that it is quite sheer, some redness and blemishes will show through. The limited color selection is annoying for just about anyone that isn't of a medium complexion. I'm N15-20, fairly neutral but I prefer yellow-ish foundations to cover flaws a bit better. This does adjust to my skin tone, but a bit like I put a bit of bronzer on or have a healthy glow. I could see this being an amazing tinted primer, especially if the color slightly off. I've been using korean BB creams for about 2 years, and if this had more pigmentation it'd be a great western replacement. Even as sheer as it is, it perfects enough that I'm happy with it. It does not have an SPF, which is fine by me since my skin doesn't do well with chemical sunscreens. I put a physical sunscreen under the True Identity and that seems to work fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by ComaGray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My skin recently became very dry and acne prone due to pregnancy hormones. I needed a foundation that provided more coverage than my usual brand, that was also better for dry, flakey skin. After MUCH research, I decided to go with this foundation. It's a lot cheaper than what I usually buy, so that was a bonus. It's quite thick and comes out looking very dark brown. I'm pretty fair skinned and I purchased the lightest shade so I was apprehensive. However, it goes on very smoothly using a sponge or stipple brush. It adjusts to *almost* my perfect shade and looked flawless. It blended well with my Laura Mercier camouflage concealer and has a staying length of about 6 hours using a finishing powder to set it. I really like this foundation and will continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by ruthaida

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on clearance at Target. I have been looking for an inexpensive foundation or BB cream. When I first saw that this product is self adjusting I was a bit confused as to what color to buy. I ended up choosing 02 Light, thinking it would adjust to my olive skin tone. The product provides sheer coverage although is says it is a foundation, which I disagree, more like tinted coverage. When I first placed the product on my fingers, I was shocked at the color, it was almost brown but once I put it on my skin it did adjust. The texture is really silky, they use the term "velvety", feels great so I am assuming it has a significant amount of silicone which I am always concerned with since I break out easily however no issues with break-outs. It does claim "non-pore blocking and fragrance free". It performs in a way that I was expecting, so this was a nice, surprising product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I went onto the Boots website and this was the recommended formula for my dry, sensitive skin. I was very surprised when I went to Target and opened the tester. The Light shade appeared very dark. I squirted some on my hand and it appeared very dark and orange. The texture was very dry and mousse-like. I tried blending it in and it just disappeared into my skin, leaving a faint chalky residue in my cracks in my skin (lines in my skin pattern). There is no coverage at all and no sort of finish. This didn't feel moisturizing at all. I didn't like this at all, wouldn't recommend for dry skin and wouldn't buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by cheljo01

I have oily/combo skin so I decided to take a chance on this. It's very light coverage, goes on like silk (which is nice), and it's too bad. I'd mostly compare this to a tinted moisturizer. If you have normal skin and looking for a very light-weight foundation, then i believe this would work. I didn't like it that after a few hours, it would start to run. Maybe I'll try this again in the future, but not likely.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by lucretian

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I always hated wearing foundation, and until now only wore the Bare Minerals powder kind -- which made my face look dusty and dry without providing much coverage. Then I discovered this stuff -- the Boots True Identity foundation. Wow. It's light as a feather and makes my skin look smooth and creamy and young. It most definately does not make me look not greasy or made-up. For me this is a dream product. I like it so much I'm even writing this review -- I absolutely recommend it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Boots has a lot of great products, but I never tried a foundation from before. I thought I would give this one a try. Horrible stuff. There are only three shades and even though it's supposed to adjust to your skin tone, it didn't for me. The light color applied very dark and orange on my skin and did not change. Coverage was uneven and gave me this weird shimmery look. After a couple of hours, I couldn't stand the look and scrubbed it off. If you're not fair to light, this may work for you. If you are fair to light, look elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Arwenslight8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this to cover my pores on my nose and the two areas of my cheeks closest to the nose. It provides very good coverage to minimize the look of pores. I then use Clinique Even Better make up on the rest of my face, and also a bit over my nose. The color selection is VERY limited - but it's inexpensive. I have tried to use to alone as a foundation but did not like the look of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by macgirl154

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have combination/oily skin and this foundation is very light weight and blends in nicely. I wouldn't reccomend this product for people who want full coverage, this foundation is light coverage. This would be great for teen who don't need as much coverage as a grown women would. I have the color light and it looks really dark, but once you blend it out with a brush, sponge, or even your fingers depending on what you perfer it looks just like my skin and looks flawless. I think this is compareable to the L'oreal magic smooth souflee which i have used be fore and loved it. The only defferance is that the No7 one is in a tube. The have the same texture and look amazing on the skin. I will be buying this product again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by persiangal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I have really oily skin and evey single foundation i have used all contained oil so they were not non comedogenic and i always broke out. I went to my local drugstore and the lady recomended me this foundation saying that it is oil free so it wont clog your pores and it would not cause you to break out. I ended up buying this product and I was really excited, I have been wearing this for a about a month and I have to say this is really sheer! it doesnt cover your flaws well at all this is more like a tinted moisturizer so if you have any acne scars or your skin is not flawless dont get this because it wont cover anything you can still see your scars and everything (I have acne scars and it didnt cover them.) Also when i first apply this it is very matte and flawless but near the end ofthe day my face gets so oily its disgusting. Also you do not have a lot of tint options they only have light,medium and dark I wear medium and I find it way too dark it looks gross so even if you are not porcelain white and your a bit tanned get the light because the light stil has a tint of tan! the packaging is nice and all and it doesnt have any bad smells but it just doesnt work for me it doesnt cover my flaws like a regular foundation and it makes my face really oily but it does not make me break out which is the only pro I found. But then again not bad...but I do not think I would buy this again