October 25, 2014 | 1784 users online

Deodorants - ARRID Extra Dry Anti-Perspirant - Unscented Roll-On

rated 5.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 7:18:00 AM More reviews by jessicaho

First things first, I am a really bad sweater, even in the nippy winter days. I have spent pretty much all of my teen life and up until now looking for the HG antiperspirant that will actually work on me because, well, you know how embarrassing those stupid wet armpit marks are. *sigh*

And boy, am I glad I found it. I've tried all the stick brands you can name of--NONE of them work. That Secret Clinical Strength stuff is a whole load of crap. I hate the awful residue from the sprays and who knows how much damage I'm doing to the environment by releasing all the butane (plus, I don't quite want to breathe in that stuff...). Those prescription strength ones...deary me...while they do work, my skin is too sensitive for me to keep using those things. Roll-ons...haha, well, let's just say that this one was a real lucky find.

I've found that the most effective aluminum salt is aluminum chlorohydrate (chlorhydrate) or aluminum chloride. That's why I didn't choose the Mitchum roll-on because it was one of those aluminum zirconium salt ones even though it had a higher concentration. So I was stooped down at Shoppers Drug Mart juggling about five different bottles comparing ingredients and concentrations. And I came up with this little gem.

This passed my at-the-gym-working-out test with completely dry armpits (yay!). I put it on before I go to bed and by the time I'm done tinkering about my bathroom washing my face and stuff, it's all dry with some white residue, which, after sleeping, probably rubbed off on my pajamas because in the morning, my armpits are bare. It goes on clear (without those horrible stinging/burning feelings you get with those prescription strength ones), with a soapy smell, but once it's dry, it doesn't smell like anything. For passing my test, painless, bare armpits, unscentedness, effectiveness, low price (3.49CAD), store availability, I'd give it 10 lippies if I could, but I guess I gotta just stick with the 5. Repurchase? Yes!

For you ladies out there who have sweat issues, this is the one for you! HG! (Finally!)

Aluminum Chlorhydrate 20%

Non-medicinal Ingredients: Allantoin, dimethicone, ethylene brassylate, steareth-2, steareth-21, water. (I think they listed this in alphabetical order, because the list in French is also in alphabetical order.)

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No