July 25, 2014 | 1275 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Kiyoseki Pro Flat Iron

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Pashin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had this flat iron since 2010 and I have had no issues. Whether I'm wearing a weave or rocking my natural hair, it works great, and I have long thick and very coarse hair. But I didn't like the accessories, the clips broke easy, the brush lasted 6 mos, @ best. The beads @ the end of the bristles, were starting to warp, and in turn it was pulling my hair. The shine serum that comes with it, is super oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 1:07:00 AM More reviews by TheAscension

So, my dad bought this for me when my other straightener fried. I'm really pleased with it. I try to avoid using heat on my hair since it's pretty damaged already, but when I want to, this is fantastic. It heats up in about a minute, and gets my hair silky smooth fast.
Whenever my friends come over, this always seems to make an appearance.

I like all the accessories it comes with. The sprays work well, from what I can tell, and the black case doubles as a heat-resistant place to lay the iron when it's heated. The clips work fine too.

Overall, it's done its job, and well. I'm pleased with it. I've had it for about a year now, no problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by GlamArtist88

Alright, so I've read all the reviews on here and I felt compelled to give my opinion. I've owned the Kiyoseki for over a year now and I use it FAITHFULLY! As with any infomercial product, I was skeptical about it at first, looking for SOMETHING to be wrong just so I could send it back. I found NOTHING wrong with this iron!! I have extremely dry, and wavy hair but when I use this, my hair looks so good! I've never had any issues with it not being able to turn on. In order to turn the iron on, you have to hold down the power button for a few seconds. It wont turn on just by pressing the button. PRESS & HOLD ladies! So for all of you who said that it wouldnt turn on, I dont think you knew what you were doing.

Anyway, when I purchased the iron, it came with a pouch, 3 hair clips, a brush, and 2 products which work GREAT! Conditioning Mist & Finishing Mist....I really love both products! They gave my hair lots of shine :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by ge9glavic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just got this yesterday at Ulta. It was on clearance for $69 so I figured I would give it a try. So Far it works amazing! I usually don't straighten my hair because it takes forever. I tried it last night and finished in about 25. Since I just got it I can't speak for its reliabilty, but I will update if I have any problems.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2008 9:56:00 PM More reviews by meyer1228

Bought this for my daughter as a gift. She absolutely loved it. She was able to straighten her moderately curly head in half the time of her other straightener. Her hair held up in humidity which was amazing. BAD NEWS - it died in about 2 months (before the warranty was up!) It made a buzz sound, fried her hair & died. We sent it back & received a new one. Kudos to Kyoseki customer service; the return process went smoothly, and both times they were very polite. The second one just died a few days ago. I'm still waiting for a return label. This time I asked for my money back, and they say the will give it to me. We shall see. So while it works well when it's alive, it doesn't last long. We just ordered a highly rated straightener from Folica.

I'd have given it a 4 or 5 if it didn't die prematurely.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2008 11:36:00 AM More reviews by RadaE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay so I got the Kiyoseki for my Birthday.....And OMG it was amazing, I straightened my hair in like 10 minutes when normally it takes 45 minutes. Also when I use other straighteneres, the roots are still a little waivy, This took all the waives out. I was so happy with this...I swear I used it only 3 times because I just got it, ONE DAY I plugged it in, and it didn't turn on. IT WOULD NOT TURN ON, I tried all the outlets in my house, hoping it was that, BUT IT WASN'T.. My Kiyoseki straightener died in less than ONE WEEK.. OMG I was so upset but I read other reviews, and people are saying the same thingggg. THE KIYOSEKI STRAIGHTENER IS A WASTE OF money, I was so happy about it, and then it DIED... I am gonna return and get a full refund...!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by jennlola

So here I am watching yet another infomercial when the Kiyoseki catches my eye. It looks too good to be true, but with a 60 day money back guarantee how can you go wrong? Well, I got it in the mail and watched the instructional dvd and had to try it immediately. I have shoulder length thick, coarse curly/frizzy hair. I have never, ever been able to flat iron my hair without first blow drying straight and getting it fairly smooth that way. I had previously had the FHI iron and that pretty much just took out some of the poof, but often left my hair sort of dry looking. So I washed my hair and just let it air dry. Once it was dry I used the comb that it came w/ and combed through careful to get out any tangles. Then I sectioned my hair as it instructed on the dvd and started straightening. First of all this iron heats up in under one min! It was really easy to handly and I could not believe how shiny my hair was and how smooth and healthy looking, even the very ends which always look a little worse for wear. I was amazed. It took me about 20 min. to do my whole head, which was about what it took w/ my other iron, but keep in mind that was after I spent about 40 blowing dry. I even had to dry it straight first when I had the chinese straightening done, but now with the Kiyoseki that whole step is a thing of the past! My hair has totally grown out from the chinese straightener and I realize I could have saved myself hundreds of dollars if I had just had this iron. I am actually happier w/ these results. Also keep in mind that I live in hot humid Florida and it is July! My hair didn't frizz one bit and everyone at work thought that I had gone to the salon. I love this iron! I know that I have only used it once, but I love how healthy and shiny my hair looks and I can't stop touching it! I have emailed my rave reviews to all my curly haired friends who fight the same battle for straight smooth hair. So, in conclusion, I would not hesitate to give the Kiyoseki a try! What do you have to lose except tired arms from blow drying your hair straight : )

UPDATE*****************************
I have had the kiyoseki now for a month and went to use it tonight and it turned off and won't turn back on. I am sending it back. They said that when they receive it that it should only take about three days to refund my money. We will see. I will def. be using DC and keeping in contact until I see that the money has been refunded on my card.
WARNING!!! I returned my iron using DC and insured it. I called the company to see if the refund had been issued and they said that they had not received the item. I informed them that I had a DC which said that it had been received a few days ago. Once I said that they said oh, well hold on and I'll check. They had received it and it would take 3-5 days for money back. So glad that I did the DC.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2008 1:51:00 PM More reviews by dressagehj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received mine a little over 2 weeks ago, so I think I could give an accurate review now. I was using a CHI Turbo, but it wasn't giving me the smooth shaft that I wanted. I was drawn in with the Kiyoseki informercial, so I decided to give it a shot.

I have thin hair, but a lot of it, and it's pretty frizzy. It's also very fragile right now, as I had TR done twice, and the 2nd time went badly. So I went for a pro perm, and it damaged it even further. I can use the lowest settings on the Kiyoseki (260) and my hair goes nice and smooth, lovely shine. What impresses me most, however, are the curls I get from it. My CHI *never* gave me curls like the Kiyoseki does. Mine look just like they do in the infomercial, the nice pretty ringlets.

Drawbacks: They use DHL for shipping, so it took three extra days to get to me. Also, the directions aren't that great. I couldn't turn it on at first, until I figured out you have to hold the on/off button down for a few seconds. Lastly, the temp control buttons are awkwardly placed... I find myself pressing on them while I'm trying to control the wand. I'm learning to have better control of my hand placement now.

Pluses: The freebies are nice. I haven't used the sprays yet, but the brush, comb, and clips are all good quality. They also send a how-to video.

All in all, I would recommend this to friends.

UPDATE 7-3-08
Still love it. My DD, who has my old Chi, keeps trying to use my Kiyoseki! Her reason? "It gives me a better curl." I can't argue with logic. continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No