November 21, 2014 | 1764 users online

Moisturizers - Barbara Daly for Tesco - Face Lift

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2012 5:12:00 AM More reviews by arte8mis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Face Lift - not even close - but there is something still quite nice about this product that has me reaching for it in the morning. Quite smoothing and easily absorbable cream and a gorgeous pampering smell.
I have also bought the Barbara Daly Primer which is good given the price.
Overall I would buy again but perhaps as a nice smelling and quite good moisturiser rather than any kind of miracle product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Janeyboo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Naming a product 'face lift' is rather a bad idea - how can you deliver such a grandiose promise at 6.00 a jar? But it's inexpensive so like the other testers I figured if it was a disaster I wouldn't be gnashing my teeth, the way I am when I buy a piece of rubbish at Space NK!

The other reason I bought it was the smell. Quite divine - fruity and soft. It reminded me of apricot pudding when my daughter was a baby (sorry that might have put some of you off!) and the texture is very light - perfect for the warm day I first tried it. I used it over a sunblock and it felt very light and comfortable on my skin. I wouldn't say people have been running up to me saying: 'Oh my God you look like you've had a face lift!' but my makeup free face looks soft and even toned.

I don't think this would be much cop in winter but as a summer primer it's perfect. I would certainly buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Nosage

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to buy this years ago when there was not choice in the primer market but stoped using primers altogether so stopped purchasing. Recently bought this on a whim in Tescos as it was on a special offer. I had read somewhere a short while before that you could use as a mosituriser so I decided to use first thing in the morning (after cleansing of course), wait 15 mins to let it sink in, and then put my Dr Hauschaka foundation on top. I really like it, great whipped texture. I don't see the sparkly bits and the best thing is that it is so light and cooling on the skin first thing. Divine scent - sort of grapefruity. Not sure if I would use it as a moisturiser on winter mornings but at the moment it works fine. Not sure how I will like sticking my fingers in the jar when the product is running out - hate that gunk under fingernail feeling but as it is so cheap maybe I will just buy another one when it gets to that stage.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2008 9:07:00 AM More reviews by noodlenoodles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am still not quite sure what this product is for. It seems too glittery to be a moisturiser and it doesn't have enough colour in it to be used as a tinted moisturiser. I use this underneath my foundation because when I use it on its own, I feel it's too sparkly. The scent is gorgeous, and the texture is like a gel, not too heavy. I don't think I will repurchase as it hasn't changed my life, and the packaging is not very hygenic. It is also handy to make a dewy tinted moisturiser, just mix it in with your foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 10:42:00 AM More reviews by beetee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This isn't bad at all. I wish it had a bit less glitter in it but it really isn't that noticable. I use this on it's own to even my skin tone much in the same way as I would Dr. Haunshka Toned Day Cream, execpt this little jar only cost me 6 quid....quite a steal! It evens out my skin and gives it a sort of 'a day in the sun' type of glow. Nothing like a bronzer just a healthy looking colour. It doesn't turn oily and looks great with my new Clinique SE Nude Blush duo that I just shelled out for the other day. I didn't like it with my usual makeup and had nearly given up on it but with this Face Lift it looks right. Both of these products have more sheen to them than I'd normally use but together they make you look like you've just come back from a skiing weekend. Not sure if I'd buy it again but today I'm liking it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Amie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hate shopping at Tesco's but on a recent top up of milk and bread I wandered through the makeup aisle. I have been eyeing this creme for awhile since i read about it in a magazine, it has Spf 6 and sparkles/shimmer, but not grotesquely, just a nice subtle bit. paid 6 for it so I wasnt hopeful, but wouldnt be angry if it was crap. Much to my surprise it has actually turned out to be lovely. I have tried it under Lancaster, Mac, and Revlon Colourstay foundations, and it has worked great. Chanels pro lumiere peeled a bit, but i have noticed that it does that no matter what i put on my face before hand, and it is a strictly toner and foundation only scenario, but i digress... This doesnt make me break out, keeps my oilies in check, i still get oily but my makeup doesnt slide down my face after 2 hours, and after 8 hours at work i still look human. it doesnt make my pores disappear but it does smooth things out. it has a kindof beigey tone to it, and i did try with out foundation over the weekend, it does make you look glowey but i think with some powder (light dusting) that would tome it down a bit and you would just look healthy, but i'm going to try it over the weekend to see. It sinks in really well, and doesnt necessarily leave a sticky feel to the skin, but it does leave a slight tack, which i think has helped with the foundation adhearing. would buy again, my more expensive moisturisers and primers that cost 3x as much usally disappoint me after a few uses, ive had this 3 weeks and used everyday without regret.