December 19, 2014 | 1447 users online

Concealers - Kryolan - DERMACOLOR Camouflage Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by srshelton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I ordered this years ago on-line and that company no longer carries Dermacolor. Yikes! I reaily do like it, certainly over Dermblend which I am now using two tubes for blending. All I use to set the Dermacolor is my basic loose powder or the setting powder from Dermablend with no problems either way (unless I'm wearing white). But, for the coverage, it last throughout the day until I scrub it off in the shower. I need HELP here, where may I purchase Dermacolor on-line? I'd appreciate it Dermacolor users (if it's ok with the guidelines) to share several on-line sites to make it equitable (not just one site). I have a bleeding/bruising disorder so my lower arms get the majority of bruising (looks like I've been in a wrestling match) and Dermacolor does the job. You're right, it would be way to thick for under the eyes. I use Hard Candy concealer with a primer for that. I hope someone can help me with some sources. Thanks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Thanks to the reviews on MUA.com I found kyrolan. I've never heard of it before and only purchased it because it got better reviews than Dermablend and I found a kyrolan store in downtown Toronto!! I wanted to find a perfect match, even though I was leaning towards ordering a concealer palette to try online. The MUA matched my neck to D3 because it has yellow undertones. I wear MAC C30 in Studio Finish Powder Plus foundation and it's always been the perfect match over the years because of my cool olive undertones. I have a red raised scar on my neck and the scar itself isn't what bothers me as much as the redness. He applied it with a brush and blended it out with a damp sponge. It seems to work really well. It is thick and sticks onto scarred skin quite well. My other concealers weren't cutting it. I use my tried and true Cle de Peau for my face, but it doesn't work for my neck. It just doesn't have enough coverage or stickiness. The MUA also suggested not to use a finishing powder in the neck area because it will not blend smoothly and will look fake, so he suggested the finishing spray instead. It creates water resistant coverage with SPF 20. I also like that it doesn't have too much of a scent. The colour inside the jar does appear darker than when applied to the skin. I'm very glad I got colour matched so if I need a new jar I can order it online. Even with shipping it would cost the same as paying for parking downtown.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the ONLY cream that will cover my tracheotomy scar. Cannot be without.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by sandracruz

Coverage: Full. Can be sheered down using kryolan makeup blend or other silicon based mixing medium

Finish: Matte

Oxidation: Very Low, some shades turn orangey.

Durability: 6 hours without primer, powder nor setting spray.

Shade: im between d4.5 - d5. I have to mix a little of 305 for a more olive/ochre tint.
shades with W have beige-pink undertones. d30 is an orange corrector. dredb is green corrector. d32 is cool red, supposedly for beard covering correction

Performance: Covers beautifully. I can say that this is a fine textured concealer with minimal settling and creasing. Multi-tasks as foundation when sheered with makeup blend. I customized my own palette by buying refills for a global range of skin color and correctors.

On the down side, it's just hard to work with initially because it is waxy in nature. Once warmed up, it will glide and cover over the discoloration perfectly. I have tried other camouflage/concealer systems from ben nye, graftobian (theater formula), mehron and judith august. Kryolan surpasses them all, this is very versatile and usable.

Also, i have some issues with it being itchy on some places. It also aggravates my acne prone skin, the way tv paint stick does.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As the condition of my skin has continued to worsen over the last five years or so (stupid acne), the search for MY holy grail foundation has become increasingly complicated. I look for something that is long wearing, transfer resistant, matte, and full coverage. I previously thought the old formula of Estee Lauder Double Wear in Shell was my ultimate, go-to foundation. But then I saw how it photographed.

After trying various other foundations (Revlon Colorstay, MUFE Mat Velvet, KvD Lock-It, Merle Norman Lasting, to name a few) and always feeling like I was coming up short, I decided to hit up my local Kryolan. I had previously used their Ultra Foundation Cream and liked it a lot, but wanted something with even MORE coverage. The very helpful Sales Associate decided the next step up for me would be DermaColor, and she matched me to D50 (I'm N12-ish, for reference). It's a perfect match, and for the most part I'm really happy with this foundation.

Because the consistency is so thick, I have to work in small sections on my face when applying. I use a brush to apply, just as the SA at Kryolan did. I top it off with Kryolan Anti-Shine Powder and my face stays matte. The coverage is absolutely incredible and I don't need to use a separate concealer. I wish I could give this a 4.5 rating because I do find that it transfers easily. But the coverage is just so insane that I deal with it. Until I don't need this kind of heavy coverage, I'm going to stick with DermaColor.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by misseevie

This is the best concealer I have ever found - better than Bobbi Brown which comes second to this, and in a completely different league to pharmacy brand concealers.

It is extremely highly pigmented, and an excellent dry, stiff formula that is perfect for under-eyes and blemishes. The consistency is like a Bobbi Brown concealer, but a little dryer and less oily, making it a little thicker. As a result, it stays put very well and doesn't get shiny, or streak and crease easily.

I cover up medium to dark under-eye circles with this and the camouflage factor is outstanding, without looking too cakey.

Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by ImPanda

Love the lightest tone for highlighting!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by BelleDee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best coverage foundation there is. I have always bought it from http://www.alconeco.com/ They are in NY. and very reliable. And the shipping is not expensive. I am not crazy about the Kryolan color chart. D4 is the color I use. I have fair skin. I use a concealer brush to swirl in the pot then apply it to my face and blend it in with my fingers. I like the Dermablend colorless powder to set it with since it does not darken the foundation. This foundation was not designed to use over moisturizer or primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by anglerfish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just love this - have yet to find a concealer so highly pigmented. I use daily for under eye circles, broken capillaries and spots. Have used in the past over waxing and chemical burns (I'm talking fat, red 2cm x 3cm area) - covers flawlessly. When I saw the pictures of me out with friends having covered up a big ugly burn, there was NO sign of it, I thought to myself a review was warranted.

Cons:
1) high pigmentation means you have to mix the colour EXACT. I mix three colours together on the back of my hand (D1, D6, D32) which is time consuming. The two occasions I have covered burns it has taken around 10 mins to layer the product to flawlessness. Worth it: I can't see any other product doing a better job in less time OR how you can ask for cover that is opaque but doesn't require mixing (I've heard a few people moan about colour mixing/matching - you can't have it both ways!!)

2) It needs to be set. The Fixing Powder is cheap, comes in four colours, does a great job. I apply with a foundation brush and blot on. Lasts around 6 hours, oily skin, better than any other I've tried. There is also a spray - seriously heavy duty, very very good, I've had a drink thrown on my face and when rushed to the toilet my makeup was perfect. But it is pricey so I only use for nights out.

In short - can't fault the product. My two cons are that is covers so well you need to get the colour right and the accompanying products are also great. I would never ever use another concealer.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by thepersuasion

I bought this product while travelling on business. Due to the climate change, my normal foundation at the time made my face look like a melting oil painting. In my search for an alternative, I stumbled across Kryolan Dermacolor concealer. I'm in love. I'm Asian with yellow undertones. I also have hyperpigmentation so any blemish I get, leaves a temporary, but unsightly scar. What I like about this product is it requires very little to do a lot. It has very high pigmentation and covers up my imperfections. It's also very light and can withstand long hours in the sun and humidity. There's also a very wide range of colors so I was able to get a near perfect match for my skin (I usually have to use two foundations to get close). I've been using this product for 2 months and have barely made a dent in it. I also use the Fixing Powder to set the makeup. My skin is sensitive and I have not experienced any adverse effects from using this.

What I'm not a fan of...availability in the U.S. I was fortunate enough to find this in my travels and even more fortunate to live fairly close to a Kryolan Professional retailer. Unfortunately, the U.S. has very, very few locations and you have to purchase this online in most of the U.S. This can make it difficult to color match. I recommend purchasing the color palette before committing to a color. The colors appears much darker in the jars than they do on your skin. Speaking of jars, the product packaging is very...minimalist. The plastic jars do look cheap and is not something you would carry around in your purse for quick touch ups should you need it. Also, since it's in a jar, you will need to scoop out a small amount and warm it in the palm of your hands before applying. A bit messy but I, personally, don't mind.

Overall, I would definitely purchase this again. It provides full coverage for my scars and under eyes circles, feels light, and has a wide spectrum of colors to match most ethnicities.