April 24, 2014 | 929 users online

Lip Gloss - Bare Escentuals - buxom lipgloss in Kanani

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by buxomaddict

I absolutely LOVE this MLBB strawberry- pink shade of Buxom Lip Polish. Candi used to be my go-to color, but now that it has been discontinued, Kanani is my #1. Kanani is the perfect everyday lip gloss that looks great on everyone. I can't go a day without it! definitely recommend this beautiful product! Bare Escentuals- please don't discontinue this one too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this gloss! It is the perfect pink gloss for my NW45 skin tone. I've actually already replaced this as I love to wear it to work and for play;) Very beautiful gloss with a bit of shimmer that makes your lips look very kissable. I'm definitely a gloss girl so this is everything! Feels cool when you first put it on but that subsides after a bit. I will continue to purchase this again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by justwishin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've seen this described below as a coral pink, but no, this is a VERY blue-based pink. It is more of a sheer fuschia, really. I'm fair with neutral undertones, and this pulled fairly purple on me...too cool-toned for me to wear and I can usually wear cool shades. I prefer the color Candi from this line, which is a slightly warmer pink. FYI, on the Sephora website, it looks like they got the swatches for these two colors mixed up. Candi is definitely the more "coral" of the two colors in real life, though on Sephora's site it looks like a cool fuschia pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by archgurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this gloss. It plumps lips slightly, but not to the point of making them irritated and tingle too much. Kanani is a perfect pink that gives you a little more than a hint of color and overall brightens up my appearance. I've worn this with a full face of makeup and with just a bit of concealer; it does not look underdone with a full face or overdone with just concealer. It has a better smell and texture than Chanel Glossimer, which was my go-to gloss prior to this. It has less of a plastic/chemical scent, but is not overly fruity or perfumed. I'm very satisfied with my purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by chocaddict1602

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my favourite lipglosses! I love the warm pink color and I imagine it would be flattering on most skintones.
In terms of plumping this baby really works. The tingling sensation takes a little getting used to though because it's quite strong but not unpleasant.
It also has a surprisingly good staying power for a lipgloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by NCBrowneyyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this lipgloss in Kanani, as well as Melonie which is in the "tint" collection. They aren't my favorite, but I love them all the same. I generally only wear these when I'm going out someplace special or dressing up - they aren't an "everyday" lipgloss, at least not for me.

The formula is pretty tacky. It's not full-on sticky, but it's not vaseline either. However, the plus side of the tackiness is that it stays - I mean really stays. It doesn't have a strong scent at all, and has a VERY slight minty taste. When you first put it on it tingles - almost burns, but that is a result of the plumper. Plumping wise, it works. I did notice that my lips were bigger after putting it on, which is awesome because most products advertise that they "plump", but I have found very few that actually make good on their promise. Buxom delivers, which I appreciate because if I buy a plumper, I want it to actually work. The con about this plumper though is that I find that I get reddish around my lipline. It does go away in about 10-15 minutes, but still kind of annoying until it does.

The colors are true. Kanani is a coral-y pink. I am fair skinned and it's the perfect shade. I also have Melonie in the tints line, it is a very bright watermelon pink in the tube. I was expecting it to go on a more muted pink because it's a "tint", but It's true when you put it on also - very bright. I find it too bright for my liking, so I only wear it occasionally.

The packaging could be better - I hate that after carrying it in your purse for a while, the silver lettering fades. That's a major pet peeve of mine, because the gloss starts to look old and yucky, but in reality you've only had it a few weeks! Also, I hate wand applicators, but these are especially bad because they have a brush on the end as opposed to a sponge tip. It makes applying the gloss very difficult - the main reason I don't consider this an everyday, on the go gloss. I do however like the "chrome" finish top - it doesn't get scratched up like some "chrome" finishes do. As you can tell, the packaging is important to me. I want pretty gloss, but I also want it to look cute while I'm putting it on too!

I only give this 3 lippies because its not easy to apply and the formula is too tacky for my taste. However, the colors highly pigmented and it really does plump - if plumping is what you're after, this is by far the best I have tried. $18 is kind of expensive, but I will buy these again when I run out to keep as my "special" gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by daxisaurus

This is my absolute favorite lipgloss! This color is so bright in the tube but goes on to be the perfect pink on my lips. The wear time is very good for a gloss, about 3 hours without eating or drinking. This is a little on the expensive side, but the quality is excellent and lasts for a long time. I love that there's not so much shimmer or glitter in this, nor does it make my lips look like vinyl. It's just the perfect gloss!
I love to wear this when I'm having a lazy makeup day; just gloss and some concealer where it's needed and I'm ready to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by helloimkristin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEST lipgloss ever!!!! The tingle takes a bit to get used to but its not uncomfortable- more refreshing. The color is coral-pink, looks awesome against my fair skin. It is a little tacky feeling when its first put on, but once you wear it a few minutes, its fine. Love love love this gloss and I will never buy another!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by rosiejo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This and Betty are my two favorite shades. I love that Kanani is a bright pink that still looks soft and pretty. I wore it all the time when I was blonde, and was worried it wouldn't work with my new very dark brown hair. I actually like it better! It brightens up my face and adds a pop of color without being too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 3:59:00 AM More reviews by GrittyKitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this gloss, this particular color more so. I have a thing for that tingle it gives your lips. The biggest con though is the price of course. Bare Escentuals is known for it's higher prices though. I might search for a less expensive lip pumper, but fortunately the container does last for a long time. I've had one buxom gloss for almost a year now and still haven't ran out yet.