December 22, 2014 | 1677 users online

Self Tanners - St.Tropez - Everyday Daily Moisturiser FACE

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by EllaBella95

Thick. Greasy. Gave me spots and no tan to speak of. Steer clear!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Scout12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know if they have changed the name or if this product is just listed wrongly here on MUA. But this review is about St.Tropez "Everyday Moisturiser For Face", the medium/dark version in their Gradual Tan series.

I wanted to write this review because I think it really deserves a little better rating than it has gotten so far... I really like this gradual self tanner for the face! And here is why:

I have been suffering all my life from surface dryness on my skin, which means I want everything I put on my skin to give me a shot of moisture to help me keep my skin baby soft. And when it comes to self tanners, that always have a drying effect on all skin types, it becomes even more important to counteract that effect with sufficient amount of moisture. Therefore I really welcome this product with it's thick gel/creamy texture with added aloe that soothes the skin a little too...

But that's not the only thing I like with this gradual self tanner... I actually like that it is what it says it is - that is: a gradual self tanner!

It should therefore not be compared to, for instance Clarins popular Liquid Bronze, another excellent product, but one that creates a very visible difference on the very first application, since that is not a gradual self tanner, but a regular one. The difference between them is that with the Clarins option you can of course also build up your tan gradually if you use it everyday. But it will start off on a whole different level, and you can't really go back if the result is too overwhelming right away or if it gets streaky or uneven...

What I'm trying to say here is that using the St.Tropez Everyday Moisturiser for Face, you should not expect it to give you tons of color in a couple of hours, or even days. And you should not expect yourself to look like you have been on holiday for a week after a week's use of this... This is not an instant fix, but a slow cook version, if you get what I mean.

So instead what you should expect is a slow, smooth, streak free, non staining, very even and gradually building soft tan. And that is exactly what you get!

You also get that it color wise has no orange whatsoever in it, but instead gives my skin a nice soft caramel tanned glow that doesn't even settle into my slightly enlarged pores, like I find a lot self tanners do...

I use this mainly to even out the tan I get from the sun during summertime and to counteract the sometimes a bit flushed look I can get from the heat of summer weather,
And for that purpose this works great!!

I also think this is the perfect gradual self tanner for the face for people who want to take off the worst paleness during wintertime without looking super tanned, just not pale... I also think it is a good option for those of you who cannot tan, but have a hard time finding a self tanner that doesn't look unnatural on your face. With this you can't go wrong, IMO!

Judging from my experience of the gradual seltanners for the body from St.Tropez, the difference between the two color options are, not so much a matter of light vs dark. But instead a matter of tone of the color that the self tanner develops. I haven't used the lighter version, but my guess is it is a bit more yellow in tone whereas this is more caramel. That is how I see the difference in the two body versions anyway... The Body version of this also gives off a lot more color already after one application. But it is understandable and also good, at least to me, that there is a difference in the graduality, so to speak, between the body and the face versions.

Another plus with this is I can slather this on after using my regular serum, (Lauder ANR at the moment), and I can immediately follow up with my regular moisturizer. And it has not made any difference in performance, compared to using it first, at all!! This gives a very even result anyway, and it doesn't leave deposits on either eyebrows or hairline.

I avoid using this around the eye area though, (except a tiny amount right under my eyebrows), since my eye area is already a tad bit darker than the rest of my skin. And because of the gradual result I can build up with this I can perfectly over time even out the difference.

For me, I usually achieve the result and amount of tan I aim for in three to four days, and then I just maintain it using it every other to every third day. I don't usually have to exfoliate before using this, which lessens the long term drying effect that otherwise comes from overuse of self tanners. And I usually apply it at night before going to bed. And I don't even bother to wait for it to dry before hitting the pillow... Easy Peacy! :)
If you are after building a bit stronger tan, you can do so also with this, by either putting it on both morning and evening or just keep on using it everyday until you achieve the result you are after. Do not however expect this to be able to build up a really dark tan, it can't...
I also use this in conjunction with a regular self tanner, by putting that on first and then as the days go by, gradually adjusting and smoothing out the result and add to it's longevity by continuing with this. It works excellent for that!

This product is scented, as most self tanners are to mask the signature smell of self tanners that most of us don't like. Scent sensitive people and those of you who suffer from very sensitive skin might therefore react to the scent or the scented ingredients in this. But that is almost the same with all self tanners. The signature smell wheres off very quickly with this one though, faster than any self tanner I have ever tried!

I hope this can be of help for some of you out there... :)

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Beachbunnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best gradual facial tanners I have used! It is skincare and self tan in one! It has vitmain E and Aloe Vera which help nourish your skin. It has a lovely fresh scent and feels cool on the skin. Gel like texture, which melts effortlessly into skin. It gives the most realistic, natural glow then any other self tanner ive used.
No, stickiness or greasy after feel. No breakouts either. Fab!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2011 5:56:00 AM More reviews by shazzam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The results from this one are practically non-existant except for a few nasty pimples. I got no noticeable color after a week using it every night. The moisturizer itself is way too heavy and clogging.

Steer clear. Save your time and money and go straight for the Self Tan Mousse.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by natalie225

I love the St. Tropez tinted self tanning lotion. So I thought I would give this a try. I had little results and a horrible reaction. My skin is very sensitive and this did make me red and break out. Now I just stick to using the St. Tropez tinted self tanning lotion on my face and body. That product does not break me out.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2008 4:12:00 AM More reviews by Kimmy3Girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product a little while ago when I was going for a stronger tan on my body and realised I needed to match up my super pale face. Anyway, I put it on before going to bed the first night. found it a little greasy but not too bad. When I woke up in the morning there was no effect whatsoever. Thought it would considering I'm so pale! Applied it a few nights in a row and the result was a slight SLIGHT glow. Nothing to write home about. Definately not value for money. Wont be buying this again, just stick with my bronzer. On the plus side it didn't make my skin break out! V suprising

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2008 1:26:00 PM More reviews by darina18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love my saint tropez step 3 so when i spotted this in brown thomas i just had to have it!i chose the medium to dark,forked over the 20eur and couldnt wait to try it out, i applied it just before bed thinking i would wake up a bronzed godess ............ i saw no change to my skin tone whatsoever! several applications later i saw some difference but not much. for the price tag i expected so much more, it simply did not show up on my skin. i dont think it would even show up on a snowman,i wanted a subtle tan but this is ridiculous! it is basically an expensive version of the jergins glow product (which i also hate) but without the horrible coconut smell. im sticking to my dove summer glow daily face moisturiser which delivers much better results for less than a quarter of the price!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have already tried the body version of this which I hated was way too greasy and i got the light/med version which didnt show up on me at all. Anyway my friend didnt know that and bought me this face version the other day. I was actually really excited to try it, i love trying new products and im always on the lookout for great self tan products. This is a light lotion, not so greasy like th body version and as my friend bought me the med/dark i thought it would eventually show up on my naturally light pale skin...but no, after using is 3 nights in a row i see a very faint hint of colour...but no one else has noticed and its certainly not something i would use again. I appreciate these ''moisturiser/self tan'' products are meant to give a ligher more natural tan than the standard self tanners but for the money u pay to buy these products i expect SOME sort of difference in me the next morning- otherwise why just not stick to the night moisturiser cream?? It haves that trademark st tropez smell, slightly toned down but not much. Gives a nice healthy glow but other than that does nothing