December 21, 2014 | 1853 users online

Skincare - Body - Bath and Body Works - Enchanted Orchid Body Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by oceanbubbles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Initially, I was very impressed by my Enchanted Orchid body lotion. The formula was moisturizing without being greasy, slid on and sunk in in no time, made my skin soft and comfortable, and the scent was amazing. It was like lying in a patch of exotic flowers (orchids) in the middle of a tropical forest on a tropical island in the Mediterranean or perhaps near Asia, while rays of sunlight broke through the canopy of overhead vines and trees to gently warm your skin and illuminate the flowers. But in all seriousness, Enchanted Orchid is a floral, oriental scent that gets musky as the top and middle notes disappear. I was very happy at first. But after a while, the moisture went away after just an hour or so, though the scent stuck around for nearly a day. I thought that I'd be happy about the staying scent, but as it turned to the base notes, it started smelling really cloying. What was once a tropical, floral, exotic fragrance turned into this old-smelling musky, floral scent that was very cloying and even made me nauseated. Overall, I would not buy this lotion again. While it smelled delightful at first, I don't think I could put up with something that got worse and worse. I'm glad I snatched this up for just $3 at a sale.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I received the lotion & shower gel as a gift, & I LOVE the way this lotion smells. It is a very floral, feminine scent. I get easily sickened by overpowering, strong, heavy scents...but I don't get sick with this one (although I would consider this a bit strong, but not overwhelming). I guess it just depends on whether you like the smell or not, everyone has different tastes. It's not super moisturizing, but lotions with scents like this one are meant more for the fragrance aspect than the actual lotion quality itself, but it does leave my skin soft. Another thing I like is that the scent lasts for a long period of time. I would definitely buy this once I run out of the one I have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

A co-worker of mine has this on and I loved it. Once I bought it though, I realized this would last me ages, and that purchasing the lotion AND the spray was too much because I can just use the lotion and it lasts all day. It does smell very good, but it can be overpowering, This one goes in my 'spring time only' collection. Not recommended for winter or summer. I won't repurchase because it simply is just not a favorite.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bath&BodyWorks' Enchanted Orchid is an "exotic floral that recreates the hypnotic moment of tropical sunlight on rare orchids". Described as a mix of "Rare Calypso Orchids, Violets, White Irises, Fresh Gardenia, and Amber Musk", this scent has been discontinued in store for a while, but it can still be bought year round on the Bath&BodyWorks' website, as well as in store during the Semi Annual Sale. I bought my full size 8fl oz (236ml) bottle during the Semi Annual Sale for just $3, a great steal considering it normally retails for $11. I'm sure you know by now that Bath&BodyWorks claims that their lotion formula, which contains jojoba oil, vitamin e, and shea butter, is the "perfect daily moisturizer". Bath&BodyWorks is a cruelty free brand that makes all their products in America.
As per usual this lotion comes in a clear, hourglass shaped, recyclable plastic bottle topped off with a shiny silver pop up cap. Enchanted Orchid has really pretty label artwork. A couple small lilac colored orchids and their green leaves sit against an abstract background of blurred orchids and their greens. The scent name is written in white letters across the largest orchid. The back label is very informative, containing a scent and product description, a full ingredient list and some company info.
Enchanted Orchid's scent notes are overwhelmingly floral, take a look for yourself:

Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit NP, Wet Greens, Waterlily, Crisp Apple
Mid notes: Calypso Orchid, Fresh Gardenia, Delicate Iris, Violet Petals
Dry Notes: Vanilla Orchid, Heliotrope, Creamy Amber, Skin Musk Captive

So many floral notes. I guess that's to be expected from a scent called Enchanted Orchid, but its just a little surprising to see a list of Bath&BodyWorks scent notes that's so..uniform. I'mma be honest and tell you that I'm not fully sure what orchids smell like. I've had a couple orchid scented products before so that's the only basis of my knowledge. Enchanted Orchid isn't a particularly strong scent, it stays close to the skin and it stays there for a while. The first thing that really strikes me about Enchanted Orchid is that its a very powder scent, but powdery in a floral way. I think that's from the gardenia, which is a floral not I don't particularly care for. Beyond the powdery floral note is a watery green aspect that comes from the waterlily, and no surprise here, the wet greens. This scent also has a soft buttery sweetness to it, I think that's the orchids showing through. Enchanted Orchid is a very delicate and feminine floral. It smells nice but it isn't my type of scent. Too much gardenia, which I find obnoxious and cloying.
How's the lotion? Pretty standard for Bath&BodyWorks. Light, purple, thin, non greasy, and quick to absorb. I wouldn't go as far as to call it the perfect daily moisturizer, but its pretty nice. Bath&BodyWorks lotions are always adequately moisturizing and leave my skin feeling comfortable, silky, and soft.
Bath&BodyWorks Body Lotion in Enchanted Orchid isn't really my style. Its a little too powdery for my liking. That being said it doesn't smell bad at all, just isn't my taste. This scent lasts for a really long time on the skin and it permeates my towels, which I love. If you like powdery, simple florals you might want to grab a bottle of Enchanted Orchid next time you shop for Bath&BodyWorks goodies online or when the next Semi Annual Sale rolls around after Christmas. I won't be repurchasing this scent though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

hmmm I personally find this smell overpowering. haha It is a rather strong flowery smell that leans sexy. Definitely not a shy girl's favorite. I wore this once in a conference and the guy next to me said I smell heavenly. geeezz. I guess this is the type of scent that guys will like. Ultra feminine. But i dun like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by h0neymahal

OMG! one of my favorite lotions ever!!! smells so wonderful! i use it everyday, appropriate for work because it is not overpowering! i always get the "somebody smells good" comment whenever i pass by lol

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by starsnmoons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite scent from B&BW (just beating out Midnight Pomegranate) . It's so delicious. The tag line for this is "Sultry. Intriguing. Hypnotic." ...and it really is. It's a clean and fresh smell but with a lovely creaminess to it. Definitely recommend to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by MaleficentFoxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite scents from B&BW. When I first started using B&BW's when I was 14 or so I dont remember them having their "Signature Scents" collection. So I was pleasantly surprised to come across this. It is very moisturizing for me and gives off enough scent without being over powering. (the body cream however, is very overpowering) This is a very feminine calming/soothing scent for those days when the weather sucks and you want a quick pick me up to remind you of warmer days..or just great after a nice soak in the tub...

My husband who hates powdery/floral/fruity smells actually said he likes this. so I know if he likes it enough not to b*tch and complain when I wear it then its gotta be good. So for me this is a keeper. Definitely might be my signature scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2009 9:07:00 AM More reviews by sweetpunkin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After trying this before it officially launched and HATING it, I was secretly dissapointed when this was given to me as a gift. Rather than tossing it, I decided to give it another try. And to my surprise, I actually like it now! I'm guessing my chemistry changed cause now it smells beautiful on me, unlike before. It's a soft, powdery floral that is perfect for any time of year. The only complaint I have about the lotion is it's a bit oily/greasy. Would repurchase overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by kimko

This is my FAVORITE lotion to put on my legs after shaving. I'm surprised that more people don't like it. The scent lasts forever and throughout the day it smells better then when I put it on. I wear this mostly in the winter because it reminds me of spring days. If you're not a fan of floral scents, this scent will probably remind you of grandmas but if you enjoyed sweet pea, give this one a try!