Chanel Travel Makeup Palette

3.9

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Overall, a fantastic palette. I really love the eyeshadows and lipcolors. As I'm olive skinned, the blush is really subtle when applied.

on 7/12/2012 10:35:00 PM

This review is for the Paris-L.A. Palette. This is probably best for lighter skInned gals. I am ghastly pale, and it's perfect for me. I passed on the identically configured duty free exclusive palette in favor of this. The DF is probably better for more tanned skin. Packaging is gorgeous. Sturdy compact in plush velvet (ish?) pouch with pockets for the 3 applicators. As others have mentioned, the applicators are subprime for Chanel, but they are workable in a pinch. The best feature of this palette is the cream-to-powder blush. What a total surprise! Blush NEVAH excites me! I would buy this separately. I also like the purple-based shadow range. One of the two concealers is too dark for me, but it's perfect for blending with the lighter one for custom shades. The weak point is the lipstick and glosses. I reached the pan within a week on all 3 of these, and I'm not a lipstick gal. The colors are great, though. I have this and the Lancôme duty free palette, and this one is my go-to that gets to ride along in my purse every day. Totally worth the somewhat exorbitant expense.

on 4/2/2012 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Only at Duty Free, I got this at Saigon Airport for around AUD$60. The eyeshadows are of very good quality but the white and peach colours are too glittery. I expected the scary white eyeshadow to be chalky and tacky looking but if used correctly on the appropriate skin tone, it will look fabulous as a highlighter under the brow bone. The blush colour isn't too bad either, it is pretty universal and is wonderfuly sheer. The second lip colour on the left is very glossy and too glittery but the rest are the reason why I got this palette!

on 5/18/2011 9:26:00 AM

This is a travel exclusive palette only available in certain airports. Nevertheless I paid almost USD 70 for this.... It comes in the signature Chanel packaging-black and very minimalistic with the double C logo. It has a built in mirror, a small lip brush, eye shadow applicator and blush brush. What I was dissappointed is the quality of the brushes were not up to my expectations, not that they were as rough as brooms... But I would expect much softer bristles coming from Chanel. Similarly, I would think the colours in the palette would pretty much suit everyone-they are very neutral with minimal shimmer or sparkles. Great for an everyday look or for work, but nay if you are aiming for great colour pay off. This palette is carefully designed in the sense it's colour selections are very much on the safe side- the hues are very neutral or ordinary if I must say. Comes in a pink blush, with gold sparkles, four soft subtle-almost neutral toned eye shadows, 2 lip glosses and 2 lipsticks. Again the colour of the lipsticks all has a pink/brownish undertones to it...making it suitable across a wide range of skin tones. I must say it is cool to have this palette, but I was expecting a little more from something coming from Chanel. It would suffice if you are traveling, the colours in it makes it easy for you to adjust between a day look or a romantic dinner date look....

on 5/15/2011 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Purchased this on a long flight back from Egypt. The colours were beautiful and neutral. There wasn't a tester available, but figured "What the heck ... coming from Chanel they can't all be bad." Big mistake. The glitter component of the blush alone does not make this a good option for the over 35 crowd. The shadows are lovely, but are more for a night on the town or special occassion (again, keeping in mind that I am of the "over 35 crowd"). The mascara is just OK. This will teach me for buying something without trying it first.

on 6/13/2010 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this on a loooong flight, and found it to be a great travel palette to play with on the way to Australia. Everything in it--four shadows, a blush, two lipsticks, and two glosses--is soft and subtle but still very beautiful. The blush and lavender shadow are my favorite, and create a polished, subdued effect. The packaging is typical sleek black Chanel, and you get plenty of product and adequate little brushes. Overall much higher quality than your average palette, and perfectly sized for touch ups.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is for the newest Travel Collection, i bought mine on CX just this winter 07. It comes in the classic velvet pouch with 3 mini applicators- a blush brush, lip brush, e/s sponge applicator.
There are 4 e/s: light lilac, sheer pink, light gold and soft sable brown. All are pearly finish and rather lightly pigmented. This is more idea for the soft finishing rather sophisticated but not cool if you like to "see" color on your eyes. But thumbs up for the longlasting stay they have. End of the day it stays well and does not crease.The blusher is soft pink, pearly highlights and good for lighter skin tones. I am NC25, didn't really show on me well. The lip creams are peach and rose pink, sheer and quite moisturizing. The glosses are silvery light and red metallic. It goes on more pigmented. All the shades can be mixed or used alone. It is quite comfortable to wear but dun expect longlasting powers with creams and glosses like these.
All in all idea to travel with and very compact and light. Good for business trips and many different looks can be created. It can only be purchased in Duty Free as it is an exclusive to travel retail. continued >>

Popular Palettes