September 17, 2014 | 2031 users online

Gels/Soaps - Black and White- Black Soap

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Fuzzmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Been using this for years. It really really exfoliates. It lathers well and has a nice clean scent. Most black soaps have no smell or have an herbally smell, and do not lather. I find this at Wal-Mart for about $2.59 USD. One bar will last me about 2.5 weeks. It's a pretty big bar. Don't submerge in water. It melts quickly. I just rub it on both sides of my Salux cloth (Japanese towel) and it's a go!! It's the only soap I've found to really get me clean. It's not moisturizing or soothing, so you may want to pair it with something else for those long bath occasions. It is strictly utilitarian-e.g. to get you squeaky clean!! This is my daily soap. I use Lush Sultana for long baths, moisture and scent. Oh, if you use it for baths, it will leave a black or gray residue, but it easily wipes off. Oh, and last but not least, if you have issues with thrush, this has been a God-send. No problems at all!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by sekhmet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Where I live, this is the closest you're going to get to the legendary "African Black Soap" if you want to buy something locally. I saw it at Walmart, smelled it, and fell in love, like the soap hoor that I am! I don't use it on my face, though, since I have extremely sensitive skin. I've used it for 2 showers now, and it's great. It seems dense enough that the bar will last for a while--it's a pretty big bar anyway. It lathers nicely and smells heavenly. I can't describe the scent; it seems faintly fruitlike but not in a bad way ( I usually don't care for fruity smelling toiletries). The only disconcerting thing is seeing your washcloth turn black when you apply the soap to it, and then watching the soap rinse off your body and it's black. But don't worry--it rinses away just fine. Even though I already have way too many bars of soap, I'll probably buy another one of these.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by ashleyuuup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this soap for almost two weeks now. I do see my scars lightening but I'm bot sure if it's just the soap alone since I started nature's cure at the same time. Yesterday night I used it then out my medicine on my face as I been doing. My chin started burning so I thought it was a bad medicine reaction. Tonight the sane thing happened after I left it on for about two minutes so it could work as a mask and the only thing I put on my face was Vaseline lotion. Now my chin and eyelids are on fire! I would not recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin I just rather get the ultra glow brand like I was going to but with this I figured why not since it has vitamin E and some type of better: this made me think it would work better. So i think maybe every other day is as much as I'll use this once I get a new cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2008 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Meliamalia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave one lippy for the scent. That's it. I used this soap to wash my face just before I went outside to check the mail, and while outside looking over the mail for a few minutes, I was exposed to sunlight. My face started to sting, itch, and burn! I ran to the mirror and saw I'd broken out into a dry, sensitive to the touch rash in minutes! My skin can take any kind of cleanser I try but IMO, this is the Worst soap I've ever used! I should have thought twice when I opened the box and saw the color of the soap was BLACK! Why the heck would anyone color their facial soap Black!? It is nothing but a cheap- made glycerine soap! This company primarily markets its products to African Americans. Well I'm half-black, but I'm fully pissed! EVERYONE, steer clear of this evil soap!!!!