Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Treatment

3.7

Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Panthenol, PPG 1 PEG 9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, Lanolin Oil, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone 3, BHA, BHT, Zea Mays Oil (Corn), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This product is very moisturizing on the hair for up do's and non binding protective styles (tight braids or any styles that will prevent the product from absorbing). The smell is pleasant in the jar but once on the hair the smell can be a bit strong and lingering. This product is very thick and will take the hair several hours to absorb. This product is great to wear all day and not to bed because it can get a tad greasy and transfer to your pillow. This product is great for your natural hair only if you will allow it to breathe for the day. Meaning do not apply this product if you intend on wearing a wig, or a hat, or any type of protective method that are binding or tight. The product will not be able to breathe and it will leave your hair greasy therefore, your hair or not absorb the product very well. This product is only great for the daytime when your hair has a chance to breathe and absorb the product such as an updo. If you decide to wear a protective style such as a wig full lace wig, scarf, or hat I suggest only putting this product on the ends of your braids if that is how you were wearing your hair underneath your unit. If you decide to use this product underneath any protective message I suggest diluting it with a little bit of water and using a slight amount. The downside is I hate digging my fingers into a jar to get the product out. Also this product must be massaged into the hair very well because it is so thick. This is not a product that you can apply onto braids only the ends of braids. I would consider buying this product again and it does last a very long time because a little goes a long way.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I started using this product about 3 months ago after reading a number of positive reviews online, as well as on YouTube. This product is creamy and thick, yet it doesn't leave my hair feeling heavy. It can be used as a hair deep conditioner as well as a leave-in. If you use it as a leave-in, I would recommend putting it in your hair while is it still wet, before you blow dry or air dry. I also use it as a moisturizer on my relaxed hair on my scalp and ends. A little goes a long way. I have also discovered that this leave-in works like a charm in slicking my hair back and my edges down when I wear a ponytail or a bun. It doesn't leave a crunchy feel like gel does, and it continues to make my hair soft and manageable. You can get a big jar of this product for about $5 at local stores. Would I recommend this product? Yes

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I only decided to try this product, because it has been around for such a really long time, so it was basically out of curiousity that led me towards buying it. I am not sure exactky what type of hair this product works best for, but i truly can't say it's mines. I wear my hair naturally curly (Type 3b for all of those that are into hairtyping). I happen to have multi textured hair (a mix of very fine, fine, and medium textures). And, yes, i am a woman of color (a mixed raced one to be exact). I can only use this stuff to pre-poo with, as it is heavy on the mineral oil and leaves my hair very greasy, limp, and full of buildup, when i have tried using it as a daily leave in. This product, is too heavy to be used as a leave in in my hair, so for me, it works better as a rinse out treatment. It's smell isn't the best, neither is it the worst. However, i have smelled products that definitely smell better than this one that Cantu makes, and that actually perform better too.

I don't use this product on a frequent basis, so i can't say that i have noticed that it really does anything truly major for my hair. Also, I don't find this product to be a must-have in my haircare regimen, so i have no plans on re-purchasing it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

great product. very moisturizing. I use it often Sith protective styles such as wigs and weaves and it does a great job keeping my hair from drying out. did I mention that it smells great.

Im on my 4 tub of this! I put it on each curl at the end of each shower. This works wonders to control thick curly hair!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really liked this leave in. I used it on my thick curly hair after washing. I use it by itself or in combination with another leave in. It made my curl pattern natural and moveable. It is moisturizing and smells great. Sometimes I also use it in between washes when my hair is dry with a little spritz of water previously to applying it. Great price.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I liked this a lot!! I bought it because my hair needed some extra hydration and It does exactly that, very good! Also I applied some of it before blow drying on warm setting, and it came out very soft and shiny. The smell its not great, but it gets the job done. Im a 3a/3b with low porosity :)

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I liked this at first. It's really moisturising and softening. It made my hair a little coated though. I put this down to the mineral oil which I really don't like in creamy products. I was willing to ignore that because it's very moisturising.

What I couldn't live with was the smell. Yes, it really does smell lovely. If the smell would dissipate that would have been fine. But it just keeps on going and it follows you everywhere. It's the first thing you smell when you wake up in the morning. It drove me crazy so I used the tub up quickly and did not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It kept my hair moisturized but not well-defined at all. My hair felt and looked like like soft cotton. I like my curls to have the essential balance of definition without being too petrified or puffy. Too much softness = high frizz factor - for me, anyway. I also noticed a waxy film left on my curls. No bueno! It also does not play well with other styling products (i.e. gels especially). My hair had little white balls in it after mixing this with my EcoStyler Olive OIl Gel....so gross! I had to immediately rinse it out. I had high hopes for this :( It does keep my hair moisturized but too soft and unrefined.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this!! I bought it when I was in AZ and needed some extra moisture. I have naturally wavy/curly hair, very fine and thin. It didn't weigh my hair down, I just used a little bit on the ends and scrunched the remaining in my hair. GREAT moisture, but if you use too much you will weigh your hair down and drag your curls out. SMELLS great, feels great and my hair loves it. The price is awesome, but what a great value for what you get. It is heavy and thick, so just use a little bit. This one will last you a long time.I would buy this again and again!