October 31, 2014 | 1051 users online

Hair Treatments - Cantu - Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Treatment

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Catitude

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It kept my hair moisturized but not well-defined at all. My hair felt and looked like like soft cotton. I like my curls to have the essential balance of definition without being too petrified or puffy. Too much softness = high frizz factor - for me, anyway. I also noticed a waxy film left on my curls. No bueno! It also does not play well with other styling products (i.e. gels especially). My hair had little white balls in it after mixing this with my EcoStyler Olive OIl Gel....so gross! I had to immediately rinse it out. I had high hopes for this :( It does keep my hair moisturized but too soft and unrefined.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by AlleyJunkie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this!! I bought it when I was in AZ and needed some extra moisture. I have naturally wavy/curly hair, very fine and thin. It didn't weigh my hair down, I just used a little bit on the ends and scrunched the remaining in my hair. GREAT moisture, but if you use too much you will weigh your hair down and drag your curls out. SMELLS great, feels great and my hair loves it. The price is awesome, but what a great value for what you get. It is heavy and thick, so just use a little bit. This one will last you a long time.I would buy this again and again!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Daphjewels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This junk made my hair fall out. My hair was growing fine and my roommate suggested that i used it. Initially it made my hair curl nicely and what not but the smell annoyed me but i put up with it. Slowly i started noticing more hairs than usual in my comb. at first i thought it was the oils i mixed together so i stopped and used plain coconut oil. Then chucks started coming out in the shower and my scalp would itch. I have fine thin hair but i started noticing it thinning out more. My mother started complaining of hair loss as well and then i realized i had bought one for her around the same time because thats all that she used. So we stopped and i did braids for the summer with castor oil and my mother continued with her bantu knots and our hair started to grow again. after 4 months of braids my hair is almost as long as where it use to be however it is still thin. I think I'm allergic to something in it. But good riddance. Now I'm stuck with a jar that i don't want

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by siouxie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am Caucasian but have recently found that, being my hair is color treated, very dry, thick and wiry, products geared toward Latin or Black hair work great on mine.

I use Cantu as a detangler - and it works like a charm. Even after using conditioner and serum, my comb still gets stuck in the tangles. I really HATE that. Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In eliminates all tangles like pronto and is so lightweight it never mucks up my hair. I also use this to control poofing while blow drying. Some other reviewer mentioned this doesn't coordinate well w/ other products - well, I've found quite the opposite.

Oh, and this is the KICKER. After falling in LOVE with this souffle like cream, I had a flashback. This reminds me an awful LOT of Biolage's Shaping Creme Wax, which worked fantastically as a styler and texturizer. Made your hair super smooth and wonderfully manageable. The cost - and get this - Biolage wax has been DISCONTINUED - so you can buy it for anywere from $14.00 to $50.00 on the internet). The original price was $14.00 for 4.2 ounces. Cantu Shea Leave In is 16 oz for 5-6 dollars. You do the math.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by tanishaxo

I started using this product a few months ago and I have't been happier! I have really curly hair which tend to get dry in the fall and winter. I've tried different products such as Mixed Chicks, Kinky Curls , Shea Moisture etc etc. My hair routine right now is using the Cantu shampoo once or twice a week, the Conditioner daily and this Leave-In Conditioner with a bit of coconut oil. My hair has grown a lot and is a lot healthier. It is also good on my pockets ($4-$5), you should puchase at stores like Clore or Target.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! makes my color treated hair super soft. love how it smells and less than 5$ hg quality. if you have thick and wavy hair..... get this. 100% recommend

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Mutethecity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have never been happier with a hair product in my entire life. I love this and wish I would've discovered it sooner.

After almost five years of straightening my thick curly 3b/c hair everyday, I realized how damaged it was after I tried to wear my it as a wash 'n go. It was too dry, breaking off, frizzy, and no longer curly and looked horrific. I decided to stop straightening it and used many natural products that kind of helped, but I couldn't find anything to repair, re-hydrate, and re-define my curly hair enough. My friend in school has really soft, long, defined, curly 3c hair and I asked her what she used. She named this product.

Oh my gosh. I could not believe the difference that happened so quickly in my hair. My hair was soft, shiny, frizz-free, and my curls looked amazing. The product smells awesome (like some type of tropical fruit mix), and you don't need a lot of it because it is very thick and creamy.

The directions say to apply to towel dried hair, but I find that my curls don't look as good when I do that. I recommend applying it in sections while your hair is still pretty wet (not soaking, but still dripping a bit). Then just comb it through and diffuse or let it air dry. Nothing but soft, light, bouncy curls; no tangles, no dryness, very moisturized, curls very defined. My super thick and curly hair is back to its former glory before I went on my middle/high school straightening binge.

The product does leave a slight oily residue on your hands (I've never had any in my hair), but nothing too bothersome. Also, be sure to not apply too much because it may leave your hair just slightly hard (kind of like a really light gel hold). It doesn't prevent shrinkage; my curly hair is mid-back when damp, but is a little past shoulder-length when dry. Rinsing it out in the shower leaves your hair incredibly soft and makes removing tangles super easy. The product is perfect for wash 'n go's, deep conditioning, co-washing, twist outs, etc.

I love this product and will definitely repurchase. It's made my hair so much healthier, in a cost effective and low-maintainence way. I picked it up at my local CVS for $5.99, but I've seen at other places (Wal-Mart, Walgreen's, Sally's, etc.) for less. I'm black and Filipino with a Filipino mother (who has 2b hair), and we both use this with awesome results. I highly recommend it to anyone of any hair type.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this product. I don't have time for no crazy hair regimen so...I saw this in Wal-Mart and picked it up. I also needed something moisturizing for my daughters hair. They are mixed with afrolatina and el Salvador ( white ). So I thought this would work for my hair and theirs even though all three of us have different hair to types. It really does work. I brought this in the spray form. I just got mirco braids that were so dang tight on my scalp. Jeezz. Eh. Anyway I noticed 2 inches of growth in 3 weeks. That's crazy. It think it's this spray because I never experienced this before. And my daughters already have long hair but we noticed even more unexplained growth. I'm happy but confused.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've bought this product two different times; the first time was back in 2010, the second time a few weeks ago when I was greeted by the realization that winter just does my hair WRONG. Dry, brittle ends, annoying fairy knots, and wheat textured tangles galore. I remembered how much I enjoyed this product before, how it's a great price for such a large amount, and how it had made my hair during the winter soooo soft and moisturized! I grabbed a tub of it at Target for 4-5 dollars after tax.

Thankfully for me, this product does the same thing it did four years ago: gives me moisturized hair, smells delicious, makes it easier to detangle hair and leaves my kinky tresses smooth. You don't need much since it's so thick (you can flip over the jar and it won't come out) which makes it economically friendly. It's a great product.

SADLY, the only con I've found is that since the formula has been changed since I last used it, I can no longer use it near my scalp or it will cause itching. Like, serious itching. Not "I'm allergic to this give up the epi pen" itchy, but more like "why does my scalp feel like I haven't washed it in three weeks" itchy. I know what it is, it's the dimethicone they added and dimethicone irritates my scalp, so if it's not a problem for you then you should be fine. I will use this from my ears down until I'm out but I don't like having to worry about keeping product off my scalp, my scalp needs moisture too ya dig? So yeah, I'd say go for it, but unfortunately after this jar I'll have to find a product that works just as well as this because I won't repurchase.

(Be careful if you use gel this apparently doesn't play well with too many other products. I'm not a gel person so I haven't run into this issue)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by gillaini94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is AMAZING. i bought this because everybody on Youtube was raving about it. it smells really good and is a great treatment for dry hair, since i live in a cold area. it is thick and goes through my hair smoothly. i am definitely purchasing this once im out, plus it lasts really long