Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Treatment

3.7

Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Panthenol, PPG 1 PEG 9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, Lanolin Oil, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone 3, BHA, BHT, Zea Mays Oil (Corn), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

on 2/20/2015 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I liked this a lot!! I bought it because my hair needed some extra hydration and It does exactly that, very good! Also I applied some of it before blow drying on warm setting, and it came out very soft and shiny. The smell its not great, but it gets the job done. Im a 3a/3b with low porosity :)

on 12/30/2014 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I liked this at first. It's really moisturising and softening. It made my hair a little coated though. I put this down to the mineral oil which I really don't like in creamy products. I was willing to ignore that because it's very moisturising.

What I couldn't live with was the smell. Yes, it really does smell lovely. If the smell would dissipate that would have been fine. But it just keeps on going and it follows you everywhere. It's the first thing you smell when you wake up in the morning. It drove me crazy so I used the tub up quickly and did not repurchase.

on 10/19/2014 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It kept my hair moisturized but not well-defined at all. My hair felt and looked like like soft cotton. I like my curls to have the essential balance of definition without being too petrified or puffy. Too much softness = high frizz factor - for me, anyway. I also noticed a waxy film left on my curls. No bueno! It also does not play well with other styling products (i.e. gels especially). My hair had little white balls in it after mixing this with my EcoStyler Olive OIl Gel....so gross! I had to immediately rinse it out. I had high hopes for this :( It does keep my hair moisturized but too soft and unrefined.

on 9/19/2014 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this!! I bought it when I was in AZ and needed some extra moisture. I have naturally wavy/curly hair, very fine and thin. It didn't weigh my hair down, I just used a little bit on the ends and scrunched the remaining in my hair. GREAT moisture, but if you use too much you will weigh your hair down and drag your curls out. SMELLS great, feels great and my hair loves it. The price is awesome, but what a great value for what you get. It is heavy and thick, so just use a little bit. This one will last you a long time.I would buy this again and again!

on 9/13/2014 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This junk made my hair fall out. My hair was growing fine and my roommate suggested that i used it. Initially it made my hair curl nicely and what not but the smell annoyed me but i put up with it. Slowly i started noticing more hairs than usual in my comb. at first i thought it was the oils i mixed together so i stopped and used plain coconut oil. Then chucks started coming out in the shower and my scalp would itch. I have fine thin hair but i started noticing it thinning out more. My mother started complaining of hair loss as well and then i realized i had bought one for her around the same time because thats all that she used. So we stopped and i did braids for the summer with castor oil and my mother continued with her bantu knots and our hair started to grow again. after 4 months of braids my hair is almost as long as where it use to be however it is still thin. I think I'm allergic to something in it. But good riddance. Now I'm stuck with a jar that i don't want

on 9/8/2014 8:23:00 PM

I am Caucasian but have recently found that, being my hair is color treated, very dry, thick and wiry, products geared toward Latin or Black hair work great on mine.

I use Cantu as a detangler - and it works like a charm. Even after using conditioner and serum, my comb still gets stuck in the tangles. I really HATE that. Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In eliminates all tangles like pronto and is so lightweight it never mucks up my hair. I also use this to control poofing while blow drying. Some other reviewer mentioned this doesn't coordinate well w/ other products - well, I've found quite the opposite.

Oh, and this is the KICKER. After falling in LOVE with this souffle like cream, I had a flashback. This reminds me an awful LOT of Biolage's Shaping Creme Wax, which worked fantastically as a styler and texturizer. Made your hair super smooth and wonderfully manageable. The cost - and get this - Biolage wax has been DISCONTINUED - so you can buy it for anywere from $14.00 to $50.00 on the internet). The original price was $14.00 for 4.2 ounces. Cantu Shea Leave In is 16 oz for 5-6 dollars. You do the math.

on 8/21/2014 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I started using this product a few months ago and I have't been happier! I have really curly hair which tend to get dry in the fall and winter. I've tried different products such as Mixed Chicks, Kinky Curls , Shea Moisture etc etc. My hair routine right now is using the Cantu shampoo once or twice a week, the Conditioner daily and this Leave-In Conditioner with a bit of coconut oil. My hair has grown a lot and is a lot healthier. It is also good on my pockets ($4-$5), you should puchase at stores like Clore or Target.

on 8/21/2014 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this! makes my color treated hair super soft. love how it smells and less than 5$ hg quality. if you have thick and wavy hair..... get this. 100% recommend

on 7/22/2014 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have never been happier with a hair product in my entire life. I love this and wish I would've discovered it sooner.

After almost five years of straightening my thick curly 3b/c hair everyday, I realized how damaged it was after I tried to wear my it as a wash 'n go. It was too dry, breaking off, frizzy, and no longer curly and looked horrific. I decided to stop straightening it and used many natural products that kind of helped, but I couldn't find anything to repair, re-hydrate, and re-define my curly hair enough. My friend in school has really soft, long, defined, curly 3c hair and I asked her what she used. She named this product.

Oh my gosh. I could not believe the difference that happened so quickly in my hair. My hair was soft, shiny, frizz-free, and my curls looked amazing. The product smells awesome (like some type of tropical fruit mix), and you don't need a lot of it because it is very thick and creamy.

The directions say to apply to towel dried hair, but I find that my curls don't look as good when I do that. I recommend applying it in sections while your hair is still pretty wet (not soaking, but still dripping a bit). Then just comb it through and diffuse or let it air dry. Nothing but soft, light, bouncy curls; no tangles, no dryness, very moisturized, curls very defined. My super thick and curly hair is back to its former glory before I went on my middle/high school straightening binge.

The product does leave a slight oily residue on your hands (I've never had any in my hair), but nothing too bothersome. Also, be sure to not apply too much because it may leave your hair just slightly hard (kind of like a really light gel hold). It doesn't prevent shrinkage; my curly hair is mid-back when damp, but is a little past shoulder-length when dry. Rinsing it out in the shower leaves your hair incredibly soft and makes removing tangles super easy. The product is perfect for wash 'n go's, deep conditioning, co-washing, twist outs, etc.

I love this product and will definitely repurchase. It's made my hair so much healthier, in a cost effective and low-maintainence way. I picked it up at my local CVS for $5.99, but I've seen at other places (Wal-Mart, Walgreen's, Sally's, etc.) for less. I'm black and Filipino with a Filipino mother (who has 2b hair), and we both use this with awesome results. I highly recommend it to anyone of any hair type.

on 3/18/2014 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm in love with this product. I don't have time for no crazy hair regimen so...I saw this in Wal-Mart and picked it up. I also needed something moisturizing for my daughters hair. They are mixed with afrolatina and el Salvador ( white ). So I thought this would work for my hair and theirs even though all three of us have different hair to types. It really does work. I brought this in the spray form. I just got mirco braids that were so dang tight on my scalp. Jeezz. Eh. Anyway I noticed 2 inches of growth in 3 weeks. That's crazy. It think it's this spray because I never experienced this before. And my daughters already have long hair but we noticed even more unexplained growth. I'm happy but confused.