Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Treatment

3.7

Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Panthenol, PPG 1 PEG 9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, Lanolin Oil, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone 3, BHA, BHT, Zea Mays Oil (Corn), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

on 7/27/2015 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

great product. very moisturizing. I use it often Sith protective styles such as wigs and weaves and it does a great job keeping my hair from drying out. did I mention that it smells great.

on 7/20/2015 7:47:00 PM

Im on my 4 tub of this! I put it on each curl at the end of each shower. This works wonders to control thick curly hair!

on 7/17/2015 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really liked this leave in. I used it on my thick curly hair after washing. I use it by itself or in combination with another leave in. It made my curl pattern natural and moveable. It is moisturizing and smells great. Sometimes I also use it in between washes when my hair is dry with a little spritz of water previously to applying it. Great price.

on 2/20/2015 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I liked this a lot!! I bought it because my hair needed some extra hydration and It does exactly that, very good! Also I applied some of it before blow drying on warm setting, and it came out very soft and shiny. The smell its not great, but it gets the job done. Im a 3a/3b with low porosity :)

on 12/30/2014 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I liked this at first. It's really moisturising and softening. It made my hair a little coated though. I put this down to the mineral oil which I really don't like in creamy products. I was willing to ignore that because it's very moisturising.

What I couldn't live with was the smell. Yes, it really does smell lovely. If the smell would dissipate that would have been fine. But it just keeps on going and it follows you everywhere. It's the first thing you smell when you wake up in the morning. It drove me crazy so I used the tub up quickly and did not repurchase.

on 10/19/2014 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It kept my hair moisturized but not well-defined at all. My hair felt and looked like like soft cotton. I like my curls to have the essential balance of definition without being too petrified or puffy. Too much softness = high frizz factor - for me, anyway. I also noticed a waxy film left on my curls. No bueno! It also does not play well with other styling products (i.e. gels especially). My hair had little white balls in it after mixing this with my EcoStyler Olive OIl Gel....so gross! I had to immediately rinse it out. I had high hopes for this :( It does keep my hair moisturized but too soft and unrefined.

on 9/19/2014 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this!! I bought it when I was in AZ and needed some extra moisture. I have naturally wavy/curly hair, very fine and thin. It didn't weigh my hair down, I just used a little bit on the ends and scrunched the remaining in my hair. GREAT moisture, but if you use too much you will weigh your hair down and drag your curls out. SMELLS great, feels great and my hair loves it. The price is awesome, but what a great value for what you get. It is heavy and thick, so just use a little bit. This one will last you a long time.I would buy this again and again!

on 9/13/2014 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This junk made my hair fall out. My hair was growing fine and my roommate suggested that i used it. Initially it made my hair curl nicely and what not but the smell annoyed me but i put up with it. Slowly i started noticing more hairs than usual in my comb. at first i thought it was the oils i mixed together so i stopped and used plain coconut oil. Then chucks started coming out in the shower and my scalp would itch. I have fine thin hair but i started noticing it thinning out more. My mother started complaining of hair loss as well and then i realized i had bought one for her around the same time because thats all that she used. So we stopped and i did braids for the summer with castor oil and my mother continued with her bantu knots and our hair started to grow again. after 4 months of braids my hair is almost as long as where it use to be however it is still thin. I think I'm allergic to something in it. But good riddance. Now I'm stuck with a jar that i don't want

on 9/8/2014 8:23:00 PM

I am Caucasian but have recently found that, being my hair is color treated, very dry, thick and wiry, products geared toward Latin or Black hair work great on mine.

I use Cantu as a detangler - and it works like a charm. Even after using conditioner and serum, my comb still gets stuck in the tangles. I really HATE that. Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In eliminates all tangles like pronto and is so lightweight it never mucks up my hair. I also use this to control poofing while blow drying. Some other reviewer mentioned this doesn't coordinate well w/ other products - well, I've found quite the opposite.

Oh, and this is the KICKER. After falling in LOVE with this souffle like cream, I had a flashback. This reminds me an awful LOT of Biolage's Shaping Creme Wax, which worked fantastically as a styler and texturizer. Made your hair super smooth and wonderfully manageable. The cost - and get this - Biolage wax has been DISCONTINUED - so you can buy it for anywere from $14.00 to $50.00 on the internet). The original price was $14.00 for 4.2 ounces. Cantu Shea Leave In is 16 oz for 5-6 dollars. You do the math.

on 8/21/2014 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I started using this product a few months ago and I have't been happier! I have really curly hair which tend to get dry in the fall and winter. I've tried different products such as Mixed Chicks, Kinky Curls , Shea Moisture etc etc. My hair routine right now is using the Cantu shampoo once or twice a week, the Conditioner daily and this Leave-In Conditioner with a bit of coconut oil. My hair has grown a lot and is a lot healthier. It is also good on my pockets ($4-$5), you should puchase at stores like Clore or Target.