October 25, 2014 | 1934 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Eye Shadow

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by missind33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

With Mac eyeshadows its a hit or miss, however yes it is overly hyped but with reason.
Mac stores are readily available that offer customizable palettes over a large amount of color options. Some of the colors I find fantastic and see myself reaching for them. However some are so crappy I mind as well go to the drugstore.
I find Urban Decay to not only have a limited number of different finishes, I find their new formulation to be too frosty/pigmented for my taste despite my love for the old velvety texture. Even in current Naked Palette's I find the shadows I prefer dupe-able by Mac *gasp*. Plus UD's customizable palette's is a lot more expensive! The pans forms are universal and fit in a variety of palettes giving options. My only suggestion is to be aware of what shadow's you're buying, and a lot of the time hype may be given to a eyeshadow that is not actually that great.
I enjoy...
Naked Lunch
Sketch
Star Violet
Orb
This is due to lack of pigmentation/color

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Brina17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was careful to purchase only reviewed colors so everything I have is highly pigmented and is great. I LOVE this eyeshadow and a little goes a long way so it is a definite value. It took a while to get used to the brush application but now I can apply it in no time. I love that airbrushed look you get when you blend them well. This stuff is great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by myluckypenny

I think the people that compare MAC shadows to Coastal Scents are CRAZY... the cheap quality of CS shadows is what pushed me to become a MAC snob in the first place, no joke!

That said, I do love the blendability of MAC's satin, matte^2, veluxe and veluxe pearl finishes... I do have to admit their regular "matte" line is so-so... My Carbon e/s is not the smoothest, but I use Typographic from the matte^2 line if I need to supplement a better blend. I do own Carbon, Typographic, Blacktied - so I have a pretty good variety to pick from. Also, Beautymarked is a good supplement for a black w/ red undertones.

Anyways, I am a SUCKER for their shadows... it is NOT high-end, people! This is the middle-class of makeup. You want high-end, you can pay for Dior, YSL, Lancome, etc... I get so sick of people thinking MAC is the epitome of "snobbery" in makeup when there are so many more wallet strangling brands out there!

After a year of starting w/ makeup trying to save money by buying crappy 88 palettes from CS, and being EXTREMELY disappointed by the quality; I've managed to fill a 15 pan pro palette from MAC... and I am not going to lie: I DEFINITELY WANT MORE...

If I had the money, I would invest in MUFE shadows, but that time will come one day...

Also, I completely agree with a reviewer below me when I say I think a lot of people have been lead to believe they spent a lot on FAKE EBAY MAC. And to those of you that are disappointed by actual MAC products bought in store... I really don't know what to say other than the fact that you should have picked your colors based on swatches and finish quality... because I do agree, some of their colors are pretty crappy w/ loads of fall out and crap blendability... BUT if you KNOW what to look for, it's fantastic for the price!

I hate the individual eyeshadow pots and wish that I didn't have to buy the LE shades like that. I love the pans and wish all shadows should be like that... especially w/ their recycling program and B2M...

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by mbellej

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have money to spare on makeup and want makeup artist type makeup MAC is what you want. The choice in colours for eyeshadows is immense and with new groups coming out throughout the year it is an eyeshadow junkies dream. From the matte shadows to my favourite velvet texture there is nothing left out. Not to forget their recycling program. If you cannot afford to buy MAC on a regular basis colours I would recommend are: Vanilla/great base highlight colour,
Coquette/neutral brown great for filling in brows, Omega/greybrown, Mulch/velvet brown.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by auee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love them. All the eyeshadows I've tried so far have been a real failure until I came across MAC's. The staying power is amazing. I went swimming while I had makeup on and the eyeshadow didn't even go away. Crazy. The only thing that sucks is the cost. Other than that, I really love it. 5/5.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by just2jazzy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hello Swappers,

This product to me was Horrible for my skin complexion, I really thought I was not going to like Too dolly and Like lucky tom. I felt total opposite about both. I am going to try to use it again to see If its just me. BUt for now I totally hate it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by niclyf

I'm a complete eyeshadow junkie, and while I have lots of variety in my stash (nars, dior, chanel, urban decay) .. I have to say that my heart belongs to MAC for the most part. While I have mixed brands in my collection .. I have to say that at least 80% is MAC, and for good reason. Yes, MAC, like every brand, has some bad mixed in with the good .. you can't however, argue that they have the widest selection in terms of texture, color range and different finishes (frost, satin, matte, lustre, veluxe pearls, pigments, etc). I've had a few duds within my MAC stash, but there's a reason I always go back .. fairly low cost (compared to other lines), and a mind-blowing variety/selection!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

Lots of color selection, intense color and is easily blendable. Price is abit too pricy though for just one small pot of color. However, a must-try from MAC!!!!Colors are long-lasting as well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love MAC eyeshadows - highly pigmented, great creamy texture, stays forever, blends wonderfully with the other shades and most importantly does not dust on your cheeks and ruins your makeup for all I know!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 2:39:00 PM More reviews by sdora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEAWARE of Fake MAC Eyeshadows on Ebay

I was recently on ebay trying to see if i can get a good deal with MAC eyeshadows. To my surprise, I found lots of auctions for 24 Mac eyeshadows for like $60. I thought that's wonderful as each eyeshadow would probably cost like couple of bucks. So i decided to bid on it and won the auction. Next day I was checking to see the seller's feedback and there were none. Alot of these sellers are from China, Thailand, etc. Plus, in the picture the eyeshadow container had little number (01, 02, 03, ect.), so I was very suspicious about this. I googled it about fake eyeshadows on ebay and found few links describing how to spot a fake MAC. As soon as I read this, I went to my Pay Pal account to check and the seller had not accepted the payment yet, so I was able to cancle the payment.

Here's one of the link that explains the difference between real and fake MAC items. http://reviews.ebay.com/Avoiding-fake-MAC-Cosmetics-products_W0QQugidZ10000000001326760

All you ladies out there, please be careful when buying MAC's from ebay.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No