MAC Eye Shadow

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

4.5

on 6/17/2015 7:48:00 AM

I just recently got three M.A.C. eyeshadows and after first trying one of the eyeshadows i was addicted. I got Parfair Amour Frost, Creme De Violet and Tilt Frost. While im good at doing makeup for some reason i've always had trouble with applying eyeshadow, it smears or i get too much on my brush and it crumbles off my eyelid so i was a little nervous to get eyeshadows. There was no reason to be nervous though because these eyeshadows are super easy to apply even for the worst person at applying eyeshadow. The color once brushed across your eyelid comes out in a perfectly even coat, no blotches or streaky patches. After a whole day of wearing this eyeshadow there was not one tiny bit of smudging anywhere, and none crumbled off while i was applying it either, these eyeshadows are super long lasting, beautiful colors and super easy to apply im in love. The only slight problem i have is the prices $33.00 is a bit expensive for one eyeshadow, but im not that bothered by it as this stuff is high quality and you gotta sometimes pay a little more for the good stuff. Im already making a list of what colors i want next

on 4/13/2012 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

With Mac eyeshadows its a hit or miss, however yes it is overly hyped but with reason.
Mac stores are readily available that offer customizable palettes over a large amount of color options. Some of the colors I find fantastic and see myself reaching for them. However some are so crappy I mind as well go to the drugstore.
I find Urban Decay to not only have a limited number of different finishes, I find their new formulation to be too frosty/pigmented for my taste despite my love for the old velvety texture. Even in current Naked Palette's I find the shadows I prefer dupe-able by Mac *gasp*. Plus UD's customizable palette's is a lot more expensive! The pans forms are universal and fit in a variety of palettes giving options. My only suggestion is to be aware of what shadow's you're buying, and a lot of the time hype may be given to a eyeshadow that is not actually that great.
I enjoy...
Naked Lunch
Sketch
Star Violet
Orb
This is due to lack of pigmentation/color

on 7/14/2010 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I was careful to purchase only reviewed colors so everything I have is highly pigmented and is great. I LOVE this eyeshadow and a little goes a long way so it is a definite value. It took a while to get used to the brush application but now I can apply it in no time. I love that airbrushed look you get when you blend them well. This stuff is great!

on 4/16/2010 5:26:00 PM

I think the people that compare MAC shadows to Coastal Scents are CRAZY... the cheap quality of CS shadows is what pushed me to become a MAC snob in the first place, no joke!

That said, I do love the blendability of MAC's satin, matte^2, veluxe and veluxe pearl finishes... I do have to admit their regular "matte" line is so-so... My Carbon e/s is not the smoothest, but I use Typographic from the matte^2 line if I need to supplement a better blend. I do own Carbon, Typographic, Blacktied - so I have a pretty good variety to pick from. Also, Beautymarked is a good supplement for a black w/ red undertones.

Anyways, I am a SUCKER for their shadows... it is NOT high-end, people! This is the middle-class of makeup. You want high-end, you can pay for Dior, YSL, Lancome, etc... I get so sick of people thinking MAC is the epitome of "snobbery" in makeup when there are so many more wallet strangling brands out there!

After a year of starting w/ makeup trying to save money by buying crappy 88 palettes from CS, and being EXTREMELY disappointed by the quality; I've managed to fill a 15 pan pro palette from MAC... and I am not going to lie: I DEFINITELY WANT MORE...

If I had the money, I would invest in MUFE shadows, but that time will come one day...

Also, I completely agree with a reviewer below me when I say I think a lot of people have been lead to believe they spent a lot on FAKE EBAY MAC. And to those of you that are disappointed by actual MAC products bought in store... I really don't know what to say other than the fact that you should have picked your colors based on swatches and finish quality... because I do agree, some of their colors are pretty crappy w/ loads of fall out and crap blendability... BUT if you KNOW what to look for, it's fantastic for the price!

I hate the individual eyeshadow pots and wish that I didn't have to buy the LE shades like that. I love the pans and wish all shadows should be like that... especially w/ their recycling program and B2M...

on 10/15/2009 3:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you have money to spare on makeup and want makeup artist type makeup MAC is what you want. The choice in colours for eyeshadows is immense and with new groups coming out throughout the year it is an eyeshadow junkies dream. From the matte shadows to my favourite velvet texture there is nothing left out. Not to forget their recycling program. If you cannot afford to buy MAC on a regular basis colours I would recommend are: Vanilla/great base highlight colour,
Coquette/neutral brown great for filling in brows, Omega/greybrown, Mulch/velvet brown.

on 8/3/2009 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love them. All the eyeshadows I've tried so far have been a real failure until I came across MAC's. The staying power is amazing. I went swimming while I had makeup on and the eyeshadow didn't even go away. Crazy. The only thing that sucks is the cost. Other than that, I really love it. 5/5.

on 6/7/2009 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hello Swappers,

This product to me was Horrible for my skin complexion, I really thought I was not going to like Too dolly and Like lucky tom. I felt total opposite about both. I am going to try to use it again to see If its just me. BUt for now I totally hate it.

on 4/23/2009 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm a complete eyeshadow junkie, and while I have lots of variety in my stash (nars, dior, chanel, urban decay) .. I have to say that my heart belongs to MAC for the most part. While I have mixed brands in my collection .. I have to say that at least 80% is MAC, and for good reason. Yes, MAC, like every brand, has some bad mixed in with the good .. you can't however, argue that they have the widest selection in terms of texture, color range and different finishes (frost, satin, matte, lustre, veluxe pearls, pigments, etc). I've had a few duds within my MAC stash, but there's a reason I always go back .. fairly low cost (compared to other lines), and a mind-blowing variety/selection!

on 2/5/2009 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Lots of color selection, intense color and is easily blendable. Price is abit too pricy though for just one small pot of color. However, a must-try from MAC!!!!Colors are long-lasting as well!

on 1/30/2009 7:22:00 PM

I love MAC eyeshadows - highly pigmented, great creamy texture, stays forever, blends wonderfully with the other shades and most importantly does not dust on your cheeks and ruins your makeup for all I know!

Top Rated MAC Products