October 22, 2014 | 1617 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Black

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by kirito

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really love gel liner, but it tends to smudge on me if I don't set it with a black eyeshadow. I have matte black shadows in palettes, but I wanted a single eyeshadow to take with me in my makeup bag. I finally found the NYX Black shadow at some random Korean store, so I got it. It's so pigmented and dark, just like my Urban Decay shadow in Creep. For only a few dollars, it's just as good as my higher end black eyeshadows, so I would definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by A314159P

amazing black! one of the best out there - reminds me of charcoal, especially willow charcoal because of the feel of the powder and the way it looks when blended out

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by jaguayanflawer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought it because it's a true black, and I like that of it. I wanted it to set my eyeliner... and it did look wonderful after I applied it. Nevertheless, a couple of hours after, marvelous black was gone!!! It's staying power is really bad, and since it's one of the most importart issues for me, I think I will not be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by mistressKC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Great matte black eye shadow - a true black. Very pigmented. This is my first nyx shadow and I'm very impressed with the quality.Finally I can seal my black liner with a true black - not a grey black or a blue black or a sparkly black but a true matte black.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by kris4life4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm an eyeshadow newbie. Went searching for NYX after hearing about it, figured it would be a good brand to try. Lots of the NYX colors have glitter in them and I wanted a matte one...finally decided on Black, so was happy to come home and check out MUA and see all the RAVE reviews about this color!
I love the little containers that the singles come in, nice and small. And I love the quality of the shadow...SUPER pigmented. I barely have to touch my eyeshadow brush to the color...seriously. I haven't tried the shadow on its own, so can't really say anything about how it lasts by itself. However I CAN say that, with UD's Primer Potion as a base, it does last a long time without creasing.
I recommend NYX Black if you want a black shadow...it's very black!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I was in Ulta and swatched this and UD Perversion. I couldn't tell the difference except for UD being about $11 more money. Now, don't get me wrong, I do love UD shadows but with the black matte shade, save your money and get NYX! This shadow is insanely pigmented and smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by adriennesmith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this very pigmented black shadow. I was crushed after I dropped my Mac Carbon on the floor and it crumbled everywhere. This is the perfect alternative at a much lower price. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by A1990

This is the best black eyeshadow in my opinion. It is super pigmented and it has a nice satin finish. It's the blackest black. And it's inexpensive too, I would definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by kkosiar2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love this eyeshadow! VERY pigmented. i use it as an eyeliner and it literally stays on my lid the whole day! it goes on very smooth and easy to apply. it looks like a gel liner when its on but not as dramatic i would say. i wear this everyday when i get ready in the mornings and i just love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

i use this shadow everyday. It's the best drugstore eyeshadow I own, its better than my department black shadows. I use it everyday as an eyeliner. Everyone should own this eyeliner, especially for the price !