NYX Black

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Mica, Diisostearyl Malate, Talc, Mineral Oil, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Butylparaben. May Contain: Polymethyl Methacrylate, Methylparaben, Zinc Stearate, CI 19140 Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 16035 (Red 40 Lake)

on 5/3/2012 5:43:00 PM

amazing black! one of the best out there - reminds me of charcoal, especially willow charcoal because of the feel of the powder and the way it looks when blended out

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought it because it's a true black, and I like that of it. I wanted it to set my eyeliner... and it did look wonderful after I applied it. Nevertheless, a couple of hours after, marvelous black was gone!!! It's staying power is really bad, and since it's one of the most importart issues for me, I think I will not be buying it again.

on 3/26/2011 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm an eyeshadow newbie. Went searching for NYX after hearing about it, figured it would be a good brand to try. Lots of the NYX colors have glitter in them and I wanted a matte one...finally decided on Black, so was happy to come home and check out MUA and see all the RAVE reviews about this color!
I love the little containers that the singles come in, nice and small. And I love the quality of the shadow...SUPER pigmented. I barely have to touch my eyeshadow brush to the color...seriously. I haven't tried the shadow on its own, so can't really say anything about how it lasts by itself. However I CAN say that, with UD's Primer Potion as a base, it does last a long time without creasing.
I recommend NYX Black if you want a black shadow...it's very black!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was in Ulta and swatched this and UD Perversion. I couldn't tell the difference except for UD being about $11 more money. Now, don't get me wrong, I do love UD shadows but with the black matte shade, save your money and get NYX! This shadow is insanely pigmented and smooth.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love this very pigmented black shadow. I was crushed after I dropped my Mac Carbon on the floor and it crumbled everywhere. This is the perfect alternative at a much lower price. Love it!

on 12/10/2010 12:23:00 PM

This is the best black eyeshadow in my opinion. It is super pigmented and it has a nice satin finish. It's the blackest black. And it's inexpensive too, I would definitely recommend this.

on 11/13/2010 1:44:00 PM

i love this eyeshadow! VERY pigmented. i use it as an eyeliner and it literally stays on my lid the whole day! it goes on very smooth and easy to apply. it looks like a gel liner when its on but not as dramatic i would say. i wear this everyday when i get ready in the mornings and i just love it.

on 9/9/2010 12:13:00 PM

i use this shadow everyday. It's the best drugstore eyeshadow I own, its better than my department black shadows. I use it everyday as an eyeliner. Everyone should own this eyeliner, especially for the price !

on 8/5/2010 11:05:00 AM

I like this shadow more than I like my Carbon one. It's super pigmented, smokes out any look, can double as a liner, it's just perfection.

Great pigmentation and very smooth texture. The perfect black eyeshadow.

Top Rated NYX Products