NYX Black

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Mica, Diisostearyl Malate, Talc, Mineral Oil, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Butylparaben. May Contain: Polymethyl Methacrylate, Methylparaben, Zinc Stearate, CI 19140 Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 16035 (Red 40 Lake)

on 6/23/2015 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Terrible.
This eyeshadow is very messy and, If you accidentally touch it, It is VERY hard to clean off.
Even If I used a makeup remover wipe, the product was all over the place.
Since this eyeshadow is actually dark grey, you must brush over with more product several times in order to make it black. This causes the eyeshadow to rub off and land on your cheekbones which is normal. However, the amount of product that falls off is ridiculous.
Also, I bought the single eyeshadow and the packaging is no bueno. The clear top broke IN MY BAG and spilled all over my stuff.

TL;DR: This eyeshadow is very hard to blend and VERY messy.
After seeing all the good reviews, I realize I MAY have gotten a bad batch.
However, I will not be buying this again after having this terrible experience.

on 5/3/2012 5:43:00 PM

amazing black! one of the best out there - reminds me of charcoal, especially willow charcoal because of the feel of the powder and the way it looks when blended out

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought it because it's a true black, and I like that of it. I wanted it to set my eyeliner... and it did look wonderful after I applied it. Nevertheless, a couple of hours after, marvelous black was gone!!! It's staying power is really bad, and since it's one of the most importart issues for me, I think I will not be buying it again.

on 3/26/2011 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm an eyeshadow newbie. Went searching for NYX after hearing about it, figured it would be a good brand to try. Lots of the NYX colors have glitter in them and I wanted a matte one...finally decided on Black, so was happy to come home and check out MUA and see all the RAVE reviews about this color!
I love the little containers that the singles come in, nice and small. And I love the quality of the shadow...SUPER pigmented. I barely have to touch my eyeshadow brush to the color...seriously. I haven't tried the shadow on its own, so can't really say anything about how it lasts by itself. However I CAN say that, with UD's Primer Potion as a base, it does last a long time without creasing.
I recommend NYX Black if you want a black shadow...it's very black!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was in Ulta and swatched this and UD Perversion. I couldn't tell the difference except for UD being about $11 more money. Now, don't get me wrong, I do love UD shadows but with the black matte shade, save your money and get NYX! This shadow is insanely pigmented and smooth.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love this very pigmented black shadow. I was crushed after I dropped my Mac Carbon on the floor and it crumbled everywhere. This is the perfect alternative at a much lower price. Love it!

on 12/10/2010 12:23:00 PM

This is the best black eyeshadow in my opinion. It is super pigmented and it has a nice satin finish. It's the blackest black. And it's inexpensive too, I would definitely recommend this.

on 11/13/2010 1:44:00 PM

i love this eyeshadow! VERY pigmented. i use it as an eyeliner and it literally stays on my lid the whole day! it goes on very smooth and easy to apply. it looks like a gel liner when its on but not as dramatic i would say. i wear this everyday when i get ready in the mornings and i just love it.

on 9/9/2010 12:13:00 PM

i use this shadow everyday. It's the best drugstore eyeshadow I own, its better than my department black shadows. I use it everyday as an eyeliner. Everyone should own this eyeliner, especially for the price !

on 8/5/2010 11:05:00 AM

I like this shadow more than I like my Carbon one. It's super pigmented, smokes out any look, can double as a liner, it's just perfection.