MAC Matte - Espresso

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

4.6

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So I have a medium/tan complexion and my hair is a medium reddish brown. I personally don't like the 'fleek' or harsh look on my own face as I have a baby face and this on my brows is PERFECT!!! I first came across this when I had ran out of what I was using on my brows when I was 15 (I can't remember what it was a generic dark brown in a random eyeshadow palette) so I was desperate and the lady at the MAC counter recommended this. When I got home I tried it and honestly its great, lasts all day I've had it for over two years and barely made a dent in it! Would 100% repurchase (if I ever need to!)

on 4/24/2015 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this on my brows along with Mac Spiked eyebrow pencil for years and it's worked out great.

on 6/27/2013 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My only intention when I bought this eyeshadow was solely for my eyebrows. This is what I use to fill them in and it works great. I use it everyday and it has lasted me three years since it is so pigmented. Haven't had to repurchase it just yet, but when I do run out, I will definitely buy it again.

on 2/21/2013 7:07:00 AM

I seem to be one of the few that's disappointed in this. I wanted a dark brown matte eyeshadow and this is what expresso is.But it dosen't blend well at all and it's not creaseproof.If you try to build it, it can look patchy.I'm using this as a crease shadow and on my brows but that's not what I purchased it for.I thought maybe I had a bad shadow but I have this in wedge and it's the same.Maybe some of the other textured shadows by mac are better but I'm not buying any more of the matte ones.There's better at the drug store.Some of my Mac purchases have been good, but I can't say this is one of them.

on 1/11/2013 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I recently bought this on a whim and I have to say I LOVE it. It literally goes with every brown/nude/taupe eyeshadow combination. It also looks fab teamed with club eyeshadow. It's the perfect non shimmery crease colour in my opinion. It blends beautifully using a MAC 217 brush. I thought it looked really boring in the pan but was pleasantly surprised once I applied it. I love the fact that its very matte but not chalky. You've got to five it a try to believe the hype! X

on 12/21/2012 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this eyeshadow first of all because its matte I'm in love with matte shadows also because its the perfect brown and it does not leave a reddish trace! I can use it to fill in my brows to contour my outer v etc I will deffinatly be repurchasing this shadow again !

on 11/1/2012 8:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this to contour my crease and darken my outer-V. It gives a great depth to my eyes for a simple look or almost any.

I am around NC30-NC35 and I used to use this color for contouring and it's can be nicely used very light-handed. Too much and it's mud-face. It also lasts all day long. I use this to contour the hollows of the cheek, jawline, temples, creases, and sides of the nose. I no longer use it since I've found another better product/colour for the purpose.

My biggest gripe about this product is that the surface easily frosts/hardens. The girls at the MAC contour explained to me that it always happens when it has contacts with oil, as it usually gets stuck on the brush. I clean my brushes once a week and it turns out to be not enough. I hate having to keep scraping off the surface.

Another thing is that I find the packaging can be thinner, although I like the lid as it snaps shut tight. But MAC's packaging is always like that and it's sleek and nice enough.

I will buy again if I can't find a dupe that doesn't harden/frost as the color is just perfect.

on 3/29/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

My 2nd fave Mac shadow after All that glitters, Easy to blend & lasts all day with little/no fading.
Very versatile colour I use it to soften a smoky eye, To blend out colours, Use it in the crease and my favourite use is as a brow filler. I love it so much I have 3 one here, One in London and one at work :).

on 2/22/2012 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I use this for my brows and my eyes. I love wearing this in my crease. It's a medium matte brown. It's kind of hard to blend out so I love mixin it with other brown shades to wear in the crease. Def would repurchase!

Edit (7/19/13):
I've recently been using this as a contour for my nose. Perfect color!

on 12/30/2011 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is such a great darker brown from Mac! I love to create an outer V with this and deepen any look. Sometimes Ill drag this along for lower lash eyeliner. This is just such a perfect matte brown for defining and deepening eye looks. This is a daily staple and I have it in my 4-pro quad. Will repurchase forever!

Top Rated MAC Products