MAC Matte - Espresso

4.6

on 12/13/2014 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This shade is good for filling in eyebrows for brunettes. I use this or Mac Spiked eyebrow pencil. I rarely use this on my eyes though.

on 6/27/2013 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My only intention when I bought this eyeshadow was solely for my eyebrows. This is what I use to fill them in and it works great. I use it everyday and it has lasted me three years since it is so pigmented. Haven't had to repurchase it just yet, but when I do run out, I will definitely buy it again.

on 2/21/2013 7:07:00 AM

I seem to be one of the few that's disappointed in this. I wanted a dark brown matte eyeshadow and this is what expresso is.But it dosen't blend well at all and it's not creaseproof.If you try to build it, it can look patchy.I'm using this as a crease shadow and on my brows but that's not what I purchased it for.I thought maybe I had a bad shadow but I have this in wedge and it's the same.Maybe some of the other textured shadows by mac are better but I'm not buying any more of the matte ones.There's better at the drug store.Some of my Mac purchases have been good, but I can't say this is one of them.

on 1/11/2013 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I recently bought this on a whim and I have to say I LOVE it. It literally goes with every brown/nude/taupe eyeshadow combination. It also looks fab teamed with club eyeshadow. It's the perfect non shimmery crease colour in my opinion. It blends beautifully using a MAC 217 brush. I thought it looked really boring in the pan but was pleasantly surprised once I applied it. I love the fact that its very matte but not chalky. You've got to five it a try to believe the hype! X

on 12/21/2012 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this eyeshadow first of all because its matte I'm in love with matte shadows also because its the perfect brown and it does not leave a reddish trace! I can use it to fill in my brows to contour my outer v etc I will deffinatly be repurchasing this shadow again !

on 3/29/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

My 2nd fave Mac shadow after All that glitters, Easy to blend & lasts all day with little/no fading.
Very versatile colour I use it to soften a smoky eye, To blend out colours, Use it in the crease and my favourite use is as a brow filler. I love it so much I have 3 one here, One in London and one at work :).

on 2/22/2012 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I use this for my brows and my eyes. I love wearing this in my crease. It's a medium matte brown. It's kind of hard to blend out so I love mixin it with other brown shades to wear in the crease. Def would repurchase!

Edit (7/19/13):
I've recently been using this as a contour for my nose. Perfect color!

on 12/30/2011 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is such a great darker brown from Mac! I love to create an outer V with this and deepen any look. Sometimes Ill drag this along for lower lash eyeliner. This is just such a perfect matte brown for defining and deepening eye looks. This is a daily staple and I have it in my 4-pro quad. Will repurchase forever!

on 12/21/2011 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I am NC 40 Asian Skin. I have to review this..of course a very positive one. I have bought this shadow after reading reviews here. I love it and it becomes the one I use almost everyday.

It can be paired with every color I have tried. I apply a light color all over my lids and Espresso over the crease and blend it in thoroughly.And also as low lash line color which is not too fierce looking. It can also be used as outer V color with more intensity.

Even when I pair it with the most unflattering colors ( that I have got in a palette ), it turns out well and my dark brown eyes pop. With Espresso, I will never have problem in paring eyeshadow. This is the most beautiful brown I have ever had. On my lazy days, I just apply it all over my lid and good to go.
I will repurchase again and again..just hope that they will not discontinue.

on 10/24/2011 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Perfect matte brown! I use this on my brows also and it looks soo natural! Very blendable. Great for a brown smokey eye!

Top Rated MAC Products