Lancome Cils Booster XL

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

4.1

Aqua/Water/Eau, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Stearic Acid, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylparaben, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Simethicone, Rayon, Polyquaternium-10, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polycaprolactone.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Can not live without this product!!! I have short eyelashes and I use this everyday before mascara! It's amazing at providing length. It's conditioning as well and my mascara removes so easily . I have tried the Clinique one but this one is better!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference: I have long Asian lashes that stick straight down.

I picked this up as a sephora 100 point perk. I have used mascara primers before (shiseido). They're ok but I feel like they're not necessary in my mascara routine.

This product is white and you apply a thin layer right after you curl your lashes. This product does lengthen but it doesn't hold a curl. Only pro I can think of is that it's easy to remove with my Clinique take the day off makeup remover.

I'm better off with my HG mascara: maybelline waterproof full n' soft.

Wouldn't repurchase.

on 1/30/2015 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is the BEST mascara primer on the market! I love it so much I use it everyday underneath my regular mascara (Chanel Inimitable). It adds EXTREME volume and length. It enhances my lashes natural curl as well. Everyone always asks me if I have lash extensions. It contains ceramides and is extremely conditioning to your lashes as well. It's important that you allow it to dry completely by waiting a few minutes before applying your mascara or else you will get clumpy, mediocre results and risk contaminating your mascara formula.

on 10/21/2014 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This is sub-par compared to Shiseido's primer. Why? Because this causes clumps and curl droop immediately. And it makes my mascaras look spidery when they usually look great. However it will add some lift back to my flat lashes that the heavy wet formula pulls out of my just curled lashes. But that is not enough for me to go for the 20+ dollar pricetag. I also hate the white formulation.

I dunno, maybe 2 lipsticks is too HIGH for how I feel about this primer.

on 1/13/2014 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product straightened my eyelashes out completely after i curled it. Even when i tried to recurl it, the curl wouldn't hold and would just weigh itself down. It does make your lashes look longer, but it straightens them out and makes them look clumpy.

on 10/30/2013 2:55:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

HG status for sure. I first tried Cils Booster XL in the sample sized version I got as a Sephora perks gift. It was my first time using a mascara primer, and the sales rep assured me it was a great product that would help plump up my lashes and them look better overall, while protecting against the drying/damaging effects of mascara. She was absolutely right. I like this so much, I bought the full sized tube once I ran out.

Cils Booster XL applies smoothly and evenly, provided you don't have an excessive amount on the wand. I let it dry for about 10-15 seconds, then apply mascara. Any mascara I use ends up looking more done up and glam, yet polished. This minimizes clumps and makes lashes look more fanned out and plumped. I already have long lashes, but like that this provides added length and volume (my lashes are long and dark, but not too thick). I usually use Essence Get Big Lashes mascara (available at Ulta).

I must say I already have long eyelashes that have been made longer and healthier by two factors: a) I hardly ever wear mascara-- only for special occasions or when I feel like it, and b) I remove eye makeup with jojoba oil, and even dab a bit on my lash line at night even when I haven't worn any eye makeup. Both have made my lashes healthier, longer and stronger. BUT, I can't go without Cils Booster on days/nights when I do wear mascara. When my lashes were not quite as full, this still helped fill them out and make them look more lush and retro glam. Now that my lashes are long and full on their own, I still like using this to make them look "vavoom." This is a must-have product for eye makeup loving gals and guys, whose lashes can never look too perfect. With Cils Booster, you will get added length and volume, without looking overdone. If you're looking for a great mascara primer, look no further.

on 8/20/2013 1:14:00 PM

This mascara base is just amazing. It preps your lashes and you can place them how you like without clumping them so when you come to apply your regular mascara, your lashes are perfectly placed. its a must-have!

on 7/19/2013 5:16:00 AM

This is the best lash primer I have ever used. Increases length, volume and staying power. I use this alongside hypnose and for me it's the winning formula. It can be used sparingly for everyday wear, just as a boost to length and a little definition, or layered as much as you want to give an evening look for going out. Either way my lashes still look healthy, separated and full. With other primers I have real trouble removing them and it causes lashes to break and fall out, but this is easily removed with a decent eye cleanser and causes no damage to my lashes.

Its a little bit expensive compared to others, but lasts roughly twice as long as my mascara even with daily use and in my opinion is well worth a try! I apply my mascara only shortly after applying the primer to prevent the primer drying, otherwise it becomes difficult to coat the lashes. Applying mascara while this is still wet is fine though as it stays on underneath. Perfect!

on 5/12/2013 10:24:00 AM

I have straight, thin, short Asian lashes so using a mascara without Cils Booster is just a waste of time and effort. If I don't use Cils Booster, I'd rather save the money and product and go without mascara for the day. Cils Booster lengthens, thickens, separates and lighty curls my lashes. I then apply 1 layer of Lancome Hynose waterproof or Manhattan Volcano waterproof and I'm done for the day. No curling, smudging, no dropping, no re-applying. It's expensive, so I'm always on the lookout at airports and on websites for a good deal.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this primer! This is by far my favorite lash primer between the ones I've tried. It makes my lashes look even better when I apply mascara and definitely improves my mascaras staying power! I will definitely continue to repurchase this!

Top Rated Lancome Products