November 24, 2014 | 1363 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Cils Booster XL

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by radnan16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product straightened my eyelashes out completely after i curled it. Even when i tried to recurl it, the curl wouldn't hold and would just weigh itself down. It does make your lashes look longer, but it straightens them out and makes them look clumpy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG status for sure. I first tried Cils Booster XL in the sample sized version I got as a Sephora perks gift. It was my first time using a mascara primer, and the sales rep assured me it was a great product that would help plump up my lashes and them look better overall, while protecting against the drying/damaging effects of mascara. She was absolutely right. I like this so much, I bought the full sized tube once I ran out.

Cils Booster XL applies smoothly and evenly, provided you don't have an excessive amount on the wand. I let it dry for about 10-15 seconds, then apply mascara. Any mascara I use ends up looking more done up and glam, yet polished. This minimizes clumps and makes lashes look more fanned out and plumped. I already have long lashes, but like that this provides added length and volume (my lashes are long and dark, but not too thick). I usually use Essence Get Big Lashes mascara (available at Ulta).

I must say I already have long eyelashes that have been made longer and healthier by two factors: a) I hardly ever wear mascara-- only for special occasions or when I feel like it, and b) I remove eye makeup with jojoba oil, and even dab a bit on my lash line at night even when I haven't worn any eye makeup. Both have made my lashes healthier, longer and stronger. BUT, I can't go without Cils Booster on days/nights when I do wear mascara. When my lashes were not quite as full, this still helped fill them out and make them look more lush and retro glam. Now that my lashes are long and full on their own, I still like using this to make them look "vavoom." This is a must-have product for eye makeup loving gals and guys, whose lashes can never look too perfect. With Cils Booster, you will get added length and volume, without looking overdone. If you're looking for a great mascara primer, look no further.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Leahcd

This mascara base is just amazing. It preps your lashes and you can place them how you like without clumping them so when you come to apply your regular mascara, your lashes are perfectly placed. its a must-have!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 5:16:00 AM More reviews by jamster86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best lash primer I have ever used. Increases length, volume and staying power. I use this alongside hypnose and for me it's the winning formula. It can be used sparingly for everyday wear, just as a boost to length and a little definition, or layered as much as you want to give an evening look for going out. Either way my lashes still look healthy, separated and full. With other primers I have real trouble removing them and it causes lashes to break and fall out, but this is easily removed with a decent eye cleanser and causes no damage to my lashes.

Its a little bit expensive compared to others, but lasts roughly twice as long as my mascara even with daily use and in my opinion is well worth a try! I apply my mascara only shortly after applying the primer to prevent the primer drying, otherwise it becomes difficult to coat the lashes. Applying mascara while this is still wet is fine though as it stays on underneath. Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Pocketchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have straight, thin, short Asian lashes so using a mascara without Cils Booster is just a waste of time and effort. If I don't use Cils Booster, I'd rather save the money and product and go without mascara for the day. Cils Booster lengthens, thickens, separates and lighty curls my lashes. I then apply 1 layer of Lancome Hynose waterproof or Manhattan Volcano waterproof and I'm done for the day. No curling, smudging, no dropping, no re-applying. It's expensive, so I'm always on the lookout at airports and on websites for a good deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by PoisonIvy1273

I love this primer! This is by far my favorite lash primer between the ones I've tried. It makes my lashes look even better when I apply mascara and definitely improves my mascaras staying power! I will definitely continue to repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by secretmalibu

I love this stuff! Before I found this wonderful product, my lashes would never stay curled and even with water proof mascara, I always managed to get raccoon eyes. This cils booster acts like a primer for my lashes and keeps them curled longer, and the price is decent for a high-end product that works fabulous

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticjunky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually love this product and I have never said that about a primer before. I used to use the origins underwear for lashes which was okay but nothing compared to this stuff. This primer goes on very wet which I actually like because it doesn't create clumps right off the bat like a lot of the thicker primers do, You do not have to wait for it to dry, just put on your mascara as soon as you're done priming. This stuff without question has made my mascara work better. It creates curl, length, volume and makes mascara longer lasting. I am using it with Lancome's hypnose drama and the results are fantastic! I have also tried it with Loreal Voluminous and Benefit They're real and it has made every mascara work even better. It is also the only lash primer that I've ever used that doesn't make my lashes stick together and create more clumps. I would recomend this product to anyone that wants more from their mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by nolamama10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this lash primer! Paints your lashes white and when you apply mascara, it really makes the color deeper and more intense. I use this with my Estee Lauder Sumptuous and love the combo. No flaking or smudging. HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Loving this so much! I use my Shiseido curler, this, and top it off with Lancome's Doll Lashes, and I have a quick wearable look for school/work. I can always add more if I need it for nighttime. This adds sooooo much length, it's ridiculous. The separation is also fabulous, and it's a wonderful primer.

One drawback that keeps this at a four rather than a five: I tried this at the same time as Shiseido's mascara base, and while this was the clear winner (so much more length and separation; the Shiseido was clumpier yet gave little length), the Shiseido excelled in the curl. While this did not in any way make my lashes drop, I felt like Shiseido gave me a better curl. However, Doll Lashes helps with curling, so I'm not too bummed about it.