October 1, 2014 | 1830 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Naturally Glossy Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by jmazzeo192

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very nice product for a naturally polished look. I purchased this on my way to the Chanel counter for their Unimitatable mascara, but because I read several favorable reviews on this product decided to give it a try, especially since it is less than 1/2 the price of the Chanel mascara, and I must admit I am happy I did. After years of using Unimitatable I have made Clinique's Naturally Glossy my mascara of choice.

The mascara goes on smoothly and evenly and if I should feel like I'd like my eyes to look a little more made up, I just apply a second coat to the outside of my lashes and they do pop.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by KLynn88

Great mascara. Very lightweight, low maintenance product. I'm not sure if it's just a good mascara or what, but i feel as though my lashes have actually gotten fuller and longer since I started using this. Since it's Clinique, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some magic potion in there to keep lashes healthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by yalcrab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
-not clumpy
-perfect for a "no-makeup-makeup" look
-lightweight, easy to layer

Cons:
-melts/smears if you get it even slightly wet
-bristles are dense so it's not a quick, one-stroke application (needs to be worked in)

If you already like your natural eyelashes and/or hate the look of obvious mascara, then this product is for you. This mascara subtly enhances your lashes--that's it; if you expect anything else from it, you're going to have a bad time. This is my everyday mascara and I love it. My only issues are that it's not the quickest application and it's risky to either cry or take a nap with it on (major smearing). Holds a slight curl on my straight lashes, but don't expect miracles.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by LL1130

Love this mascara! It leaves my lashes looking very natural while defining them and adding a little length.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by nolamama10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great everyday natural look mascara! DOES NOT CLUMP or flake...AT ALL!!! Almost every mascara i have tried, from MAC to Maybelline, has clumped or eventually clumped. This stuff is great. Not something i grab when im getting ready for a night out, but awesome for everyday. I love the brush. I am a messy mascara applier, despite years and years of practice, and i NEVER make a mess with this! HG everyday mascara!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Chidders

I love this mascara, I have used it for years. I currently have come away from it, just to see what is out there, and I am fancying a more dramatic look. However, this mascara is great for everyday. I find it easy to apply, does not clump with two coats, and I suffer from very little smudging by the end of the day. I like the brush and packaging. I would recommend this, if you are looking for a natural reliable good mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Rau1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok first off let me just say that I'm a boy, wearing makeup is a daily ritual for me, but I don't strive towards looking like a woman. I like my lashes to look thicker, darker, and more defined while not looking a hot clumpy mess! Now let me elaborate; a lot of people complain that this mascara doesn't build, and while this is true you have to realize that it is a gel based mascara, NOT WAX BASED. That being said, this mascara fits MY needs perfectly. It's perfect for everyday use, it leaves my lashes defined, darker and longer. A little smudging here and there, but nothing a quick wipe can't fix. It comes off fabulously! I never have to use the added eye makeup remover with this (benefits of a gel mascara). And probably best of all, no one can ever tell I'm using it! The packaging is sleek and plain, like a silver bullet, nothing over the top. And the brush is pretty simple as well, nothing special. I would not recommend this if you're gonna be in hot/humid climate, exercising, or involved in strenuous work (it smudges easily with water/sweat). Overall I give it 4 lippies because I feel like Clinique could have really done more with the brush as far as angling and distribution of product, but other than that I love it! If you want something that gives similar results but with more build and less smudging I would recommend Clinique High Impact mascara. Now that one I can take to the club! haha On a more personal note: I like to use Clinique mascara's because they're hypoallergenic and have less inclination toward giving you styes. Cheers!

17 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't beleive that I have never written a review for this product.
It's been my HG mascara for years. I agree with the over reviews I don't know how it would work for short or thin lashes. Mine are long and thick (from latise), but that's another review lol.
My lashes as most get bleached out on the ends from sun so if I don't have them tinted I wear this mascasa just to make them look extra black and lush.
This mascara never flakes, clumps, or smudges. What more could you ask for.
It's literally one of those products that I don't even ask the price, I just buy a couple when clinic is in gwp. It last until the next gift comes out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2011 4:38:00 AM More reviews by Yoora

I like it. I still have my first tube too. THey say that mascara was suppose to die out at 3 months...it's been like 5 and it works well still lol. It's natural, doesn't clump. It doesn't tive you a dramatic look but that's the point its 'naturally glossy.' I dont know about the glossy part but it works well for me.

It's the easiest thing to remove!! I've had tried a few mascara and by far this is the easiest product to remove!! No hassle at all!!

I have camel lashes too so this doesn't really keep the curls up but it does a good enough job.

I wish their tube was cute though, doesn't do the product justice...but I think the simplicity of the silver tube is a signature look of Clinque (hypoallergienic right?) and keeps the product cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by jayess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really really natural lashes, however I found that it doesn't hold curls that well... however maybe pairing it with a primer may help. Doesn't smudge throughout the day either