February 28, 2015 | 1891 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2015 9:25:00 PM More reviews by bs786229

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my go to mascara! I have tried so many mascaras...high end and drugstore...and this is the only one I will re-purchase. Doesn't smudge or flake. It's expensive, but worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2015 12:35:00 PM More reviews by ladyc74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't know why I'd never tried this mascara before. It's really great if you're after dramatic volume and depth of colour. Not for you if you like a more natural look or hate clumps - it is a little bit clumpy but I like that. Fantastic mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2015 3:42:00 AM More reviews by franehh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One word: WOW. Chanel, you've done it again -- this mascara absolutely blew me away. Before this product, I'd pretty much given up on mascaras completely. I have short, unforgiving Asian lashes that can't hold a curl when mascara is applied. I've tried almost every Dior mascara, some other high-end brand products, as well as many drugstore... Nothing's worked; all the products either clumped, smeared, or didn't do much in terms of length or volume. Le Volume, however, totally changed my frustration. I received two small sample tubes after purchasing a different Chanel product, and needless to say it's now a staple in my beauty routine. Just one coat makes all the difference, but it's totally buildable -- you could go for a natural look or something more dramatic I'd assume (if your lashes are longer/thicker than mine). It doesn't clump, it doesn't weigh down my lashes, and it lasts quite a long time without smearing. I wholeheartedly recommend this product ugh I AM SO IN LOVE. The price is definitely steep, but for me it's worth it. I'm convinced this is the only mascara out there for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by mzzmare

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, over the years, I have become a mascara connoisseur, mainly because I have such fine and short eye lashes! Therefore, I have tried just about every single mascara from the $6.00 drugstore brands, to the $35.00 Saks Fifth Avenue & Nordstom sales person's most highly recommended varieties. I have found that when it comes to mascara, you pretty much get what you pay for. Chanel's Le Volume De Chanel, happens to be one of the best out there in terms of non-clumping, lash fullness, and dramatic-look effects. It costs a little more..on the high-end of the price spectrum at approximately 35.00, but to me, way worth it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Snicole27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best mascara ever! I look like I have fake lashes. This mascara is a must and is worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by jesalyne24

I'm on my fourth tube of this mascara. I've never bought a fourth (duplicate) of any cosmetic product before. This is the product I always come back to. I recently tried the new It-Lash by Dior and in no way did it compare to holding a curl and creating volume to Chanel...so I'm back again.
This mascara does it all: creates length and volume, can hold a curl all day, doesn't smudge/flake (once dry) and is a great lash defining shade of black. My only complaint is that it can be a little 'wet' upon the first few applications and sometimes that can lead to smudging under the outer corners of my eyes where my lashes can touch my skin as the mascara takes a little bit longer to dry during this time. This isn't a big deal to me b/c I just make sure to wipe down my want thoroughly the first few application times and fan my lashes a few times to help speed up the drying process.
The price of this product is pretty steep - over $30 usd, but to me, it's worth it. Mascara is my favourite product and the one thing I'll wear w/every look, including a 'no make up look'. The packaging might explain the price a bit, too. It's a sleek, black tube w/the Chanel 'C' logo on the top on the cap. When you close the product, you feel a 'snap', indicating the tube is securely closed. At first I thought it was a bit 'gimmicky', but I noticed the longevity of these mascaras seem to exceed the standard '3 month' rule - about 6 months or so of daily usage. It doesn't even need a refresher by running it under warm water to revive the product.
It does take a little bit of effort to take this product off. I generally do it by first rinsing my eyes with warm water to sort of 'melt' the product off, then washing thoroughly w/my face wash (which gently removes make up product). I finally finish with using a make up remover that you don't have to rinse off (I switch between Chanel Bi-Phase and Clinique Take Off the Day) to remove any make up residue. I notice (and really like) that this mascara really clings to my lashes and get best removal results by using warm water to remove first. It helps to break down the product better than by soaking a cotton pad in eye make up remover and holding for 30 seconds or so. Also, doing so daily would irritate my sensitive eyes.
All in all, I highly recommend this product - it does everything I want a mascara to do. I know it's pricey, but if you break it down, you're spending pennies a day and you can always try to purchase it at a store where they have a generous return policy so you can at least take it for a test run.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I honestly thought this was going to be just another expensive and overrated mascara by a high-end brand. But I was so wrong. This is actually probably the best mascara I have used so far in my life. Does not smudge. Lasts for 18 hours without any flaking or loss of volume. Stayed put even when I cried(this is not a waterproof formula). It's a matte finish, no shine. Two coats is all you need.

But the thing is... I can see how this would not work for those who prefer a natural look. Because this mascara will give you a true false lash effect. Ton of volume and length. I see how it can be a bit too much for some people.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Gissellieekins

By far one of the best high end mascaras I have ever used. I will never stop buying it!! A little pricey for a mascara but works great!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Griffin13

Purchased a sample off e-bay and will soon be purchasing Diorshow to compare.

It does add volume and makes my lashes look more dramatic which I like. I have fairly long lashes and have come to realize I prefer volume mascaras and I cant stand "spidery lashes". The only thing that I am not sold on is that it does not seem to hold a curl for long which is important to me. If I find a similar product that can hold the curl Chanel is out however if not I would consider repurchasing.
I found it a bit difficult to wash off but comparable to other dramatic mascaras and I don't care for mascaras that come off easily anyway as it seems to extend to other areas, transfer, rain, etc.
If you like dark, thick lashes I'd give it a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Hannahsam2804

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Oh my goshhh.. isn't this like the best mascara ever!!!! got a sample 2013 Thanksgiving and have it still , April 2014. Its so black yet so volumizing and lengthening. Doesn't clump my lashes together, doesn't make them hard and unbearable to take off, don't flake. The best mascara I'v ever used. Always get compliments about my eyelashes when I wear it .

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No