December 20, 2014 | 1785 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by jesalyne24

I'm on my fourth tube of this mascara. I've never bought a fourth (duplicate) of any cosmetic product before. This is the product I always come back to. I recently tried the new It-Lash by Dior and in no way did it compare to holding a curl and creating volume to Chanel...so I'm back again.
This mascara does it all: creates length and volume, can hold a curl all day, doesn't smudge/flake (once dry) and is a great lash defining shade of black. My only complaint is that it can be a little 'wet' upon the first few applications and sometimes that can lead to smudging under the outer corners of my eyes where my lashes can touch my skin as the mascara takes a little bit longer to dry during this time. This isn't a big deal to me b/c I just make sure to wipe down my want thoroughly the first few application times and fan my lashes a few times to help speed up the drying process.
The price of this product is pretty steep - over $30 usd, but to me, it's worth it. Mascara is my favourite product and the one thing I'll wear w/every look, including a 'no make up look'. The packaging might explain the price a bit, too. It's a sleek, black tube w/the Chanel 'C' logo on the top on the cap. When you close the product, you feel a 'snap', indicating the tube is securely closed. At first I thought it was a bit 'gimmicky', but I noticed the longevity of these mascaras seem to exceed the standard '3 month' rule - about 6 months or so of daily usage. It doesn't even need a refresher by running it under warm water to revive the product.
It does take a little bit of effort to take this product off. I generally do it by first rinsing my eyes with warm water to sort of 'melt' the product off, then washing thoroughly w/my face wash (which gently removes make up product). I finally finish with using a make up remover that you don't have to rinse off (I switch between Chanel Bi-Phase and Clinique Take Off the Day) to remove any make up residue. I notice (and really like) that this mascara really clings to my lashes and get best removal results by using warm water to remove first. It helps to break down the product better than by soaking a cotton pad in eye make up remover and holding for 30 seconds or so. Also, doing so daily would irritate my sensitive eyes.
All in all, I highly recommend this product - it does everything I want a mascara to do. I know it's pricey, but if you break it down, you're spending pennies a day and you can always try to purchase it at a store where they have a generous return policy so you can at least take it for a test run.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I honestly thought this was going to be just another expensive and overrated mascara by a high-end brand. But I was so wrong. This is actually probably the best mascara I have used so far in my life. Does not smudge. Lasts for 18 hours without any flaking or loss of volume. Stayed put even when I cried(this is not a waterproof formula). It's a matte finish, no shine. Two coats is all you need.

But the thing is... I can see how this would not work for those who prefer a natural look. Because this mascara will give you a true false lash effect. Ton of volume and length. I see how it can be a bit too much for some people.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Gissellieekins

By far one of the best high end mascaras I have ever used. I will never stop buying it!! A little pricey for a mascara but works great!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Griffin13

Purchased a sample off e-bay and will soon be purchasing Diorshow to compare.

It does add volume and makes my lashes look more dramatic which I like. I have fairly long lashes and have come to realize I prefer volume mascaras and I cant stand "spidery lashes". The only thing that I am not sold on is that it does not seem to hold a curl for long which is important to me. If I find a similar product that can hold the curl Chanel is out however if not I would consider repurchasing.
I found it a bit difficult to wash off but comparable to other dramatic mascaras and I don't care for mascaras that come off easily anyway as it seems to extend to other areas, transfer, rain, etc.
If you like dark, thick lashes I'd give it a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Hannahsam2804

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Oh my goshhh.. isn't this like the best mascara ever!!!! got a sample 2013 Thanksgiving and have it still , April 2014. Its so black yet so volumizing and lengthening. Doesn't clump my lashes together, doesn't make them hard and unbearable to take off, don't flake. The best mascara I'v ever used. Always get compliments about my eyelashes when I wear it .

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by nolamama10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't get it. I just don't get it. This stuff is terrible. I read all the great reviews, did my research before shelling out $32 for a mascara and ended up very disappointed. This is so clumpy and wet. I couldn't even brush it out with a lash comb. Terrible. My 7$ cover girl lash blast volume is 300% better then this stuff. Don't understand all the glowing reviews. Maybe bc it's Chanel I don't know but don't waste your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 7:25:00 AM More reviews by rhazim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cannot fault this mascara. A godsend, even at $52. Volume, colour and length without looking cheap or clumpy or spidery.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love love love. Received a sample of this and it's amazing makes lashes longer and fuller in one sweep!!! X

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Nanclares

If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again?? YES,YES, YES!!!! Just incredible!!! I have been looking for the perfect mascara through years, belive me , I have tried almost everyone , the last one: Dior overcurl,nothing to do whith this one. I have quite thin lashes, not short but not many, and i always look for something that makes the miracle! That turns my normal lashes into FABOLOUS lashes, and of course, never found that. Believe me when I say this is something unvelibable! Just amazing the effect you will see. Instantly my 15 lashes turn into 15millions lashes. You can weare it for a whole day and it will stay perfect untill you go to bed, not flakes at all. And it stays perfect until you end the tube, what I think is great, because many mascaras dry in a few months. Not allowed to those who like a natural effect! The price? Not cheap 32€, but worth every cent, really. If you need a mascara that gives real volume thickness, and butterfly effect at the same time, stop searching, and really try this!! You will be surprised as I did!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by lingre

I received the sample of this and used it until the very end. I am a mascara addict. I love when I find the different articles that say you need different mascaras for different things. This mascara is perfect alone but what I LOVE it for is using it as the base mascara. It plumps up my eyelashes giving them body, separation (they already have a curl) and they give a great definition. I follow it up with LAURA MERCIER Faux Lash Mascara and then use the other Chanel mascara to gently separate and finish. They look huge, full, real and gorgeous!