October 1, 2014 | 1206 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Cannonball

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by blissfuls

Easily my HG mascara. The waterproof formula really holds a curl and it doesn't budge at all. I have oily eyelids and other mascaras would end up underneath my eyes, but Cannonball stays put! It's the only mascara that truly makes my lashes longer and more dolly. I knocked off one lippie, however, because the lengthening fibers are a little irritating if it gets in my eyes and also clumps my lashes if I accidentally put on too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by aleshoane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really enjoyed this mascara. I really did. It was my first high-end mascara after finding out that most waterproof mascaras in the drugstore were, in fact, not sebum-proof at all and so consequently still prone to smudging. I've come to accept that waterproof mascaras are necessary to hold a curl and don't shy away from wearing waterproof everyday, so have edited my skincare routine to include an oil cleanser, which really dissolves and breaks down even the toughest makeup.

UD Cannonball was the first mascara in the history of my life to have never smudged on me after the end of the day. It also held a curl (most mascaras make my lashes droop down even after curling them), made my lashes defined and fluttery, and in general was a good workhorse mascara that I could depend on every single day. It is a fiber-based mascara, and adds a good amount of length. The brush wand is small, long, and easy to handle.

Personally I think the price of $20 is actually pretty low compared to most mid-end brands sold in Sephora, and the tube lasted me from November til mid-April (as you can tell, I'm a bit lazy about buying mascara). Rather than buying four different drugstore mascaras (which are increasingly expensive these days) I'd rather buy this one and call it a day. It removes easily with an oil cleanser and makeup remover. In my opinion, the price is damnedly cheap because I cannot find another alternative elsewhere that has the same attributes as UD Cannonball.

I don't actually recommend this for people who are looking for volume and super lush glossy eyelashes. This mascara in my opinion is more of a niche item. I haven't tested out whether I'll be able to wear this to a pool, but I've cried in it and it's truly waterproof at least in that regard.

This mascara is more of a god-send for people who find that most mascaras weigh down their lashes and smudge at the end of the day. In my opinion, it's a very good product. UD Cannonball isn't HG material but it certainly is a superior contender to most drugstore waterproof mascaras. Waterproof =/= sebumproof, but at least UD's got an option for those who prefer buying in the store rather than online.

Overall, I really liked this mascara. I have no qualms about recommending this mascara especially to Asian ladies like myself.

However, being a product junkie I've decided to investigate the magical things that the Japanese mascaras are famed for and recently purchased the Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara. UD Cannonball was great but ultimately there's just something about mascara that makes you want to try different things to come across The One.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by leh529

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara!!! I have purchased it many times over now and it is my go to mascara for beach,rainy,party, wedding days. Any time I need my mascara to make my eyes look amazing & last! I will continue to buy this mascara! Pair this with the new subversion primer and it is even more amazing. I love this mascara!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by jadyxo

I honestly do not know why I bought this (lol). I went into Ulta one day and I saw this mascara and was like sure, why not? Jenn Im (clothesencounters). Jenn (frmheadtotoe), and Claire Marshall (heyclaire) seem to really like it so I might to! But when I tried it out, I realized that it did nothing for my long yet "Asian" lashes. I feel like this mascara would work best w/ short lashes (like the lashes the ladies mentioned above have). This mascara lengthens my lashes TOO much and doesn't give any volume at all, which I want. Overall, I think this mascara is great but it isn't great w/ my lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by fionavirginia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think it's fair to say that I've finally found my HG mascara! YAY! Believe me I have tried so many mascaras with almost none that was even close to an HG before. Being an Asian, I have the typical short, thin, straight, downward lashes, thus a true challenge for me to find that perfect mascara that lifts, curls, lengthens and gives volumes. Cannonball for me does just all... Seriously! Although I'd say that the volume starts to show on a 2nd coat. What I love about this is it gives my lower lashes volume and length! Something I have never found in other mascaras I've tried since I started wearing makeup literally. VERY impressed with this mascara.
The only tiny downside, if any, is the packaging. I wouldn't have guessed it's a UD product by first look, because it just looks too boring and drugstore-like, not that it matters much to me anyway, it's the inside that matters the most by the end of the day. Would I repurchase? Definitely yes. In fact I'm planning to stock up just in case it gets discontinued or sold out... :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by SugarCelebi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Alright, I've found it. My HG mascara, for realz. Like many of the other ladies on here, I too have the stick-straight Asian lashes curse. Fortunately they aren't really short, just extremely straight. I hate spending a ton of money on mascara, because unlike shadows, lipsticks, and basically any other cosmetic, it really does need to be replaced pretty often in order for it to keep performing. But after hearing frmheadtotoe (Jen) on Youtube rave about it for months, I finally gave it a shot.

This is an incredibly waterproof mascara, and unless there is soap involved, it will not budge; not even my extremely oily eyelids were a match for this stuff. That being said, it WILL smudge and it WILL stay put without the use of make-up remover, so do be mindful of that.

The magic of this stuff is the curl-holding power, combined with the ability to both volumize and lengthen. Just one coat gives me the perfect natural, flirty lashes. The brush is nice and precise, and while I've generally preferred silicone brushes in the past, the traditional wand works well here.

If I had to say one bad thing about this mascara, it would be the price. I've only repurchased once so far and both times I cringed as it rang through. I don't know what that other reviewer is talking about, $24 is plenty to spend on a mascara and it better freakin' work. And work, it does. If you are plagued with perpetually straight lashes, give this a try - you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by angelstern

First off, let me describe what kind of lash look I personally like to go for with mascara. I have stick straight asian eye lashes that aren't the shortest, longer than average in the asian lash spectrum but still short compared to caucasian gals. I like them to look as natural, long and wispy as possible. I absolutely detest clumpy lashes and mascara that don't hold curl. Prior to Cannonball, I was a faithful fan of Dior Show Iconic Waterproof, but that was still a tad too clumpy for me and the curl hold wasn't that amazing. So, I decided to give Cannonball a try after hearing fellow asian ladies rave about them. I have to say, best $30 spent on a mascara. It gave me incredibly wispy, long (even longer than Dior Show gave me!), natural and held my curl. Now I can fake having "caucasian lashes"! It is also completely waterproof, I have taken showers with it and no panda eyes.

Only negative to this product is the removal process. It takes longer than usual to completely remove all traces of this. I use baby oil and Q tips & really work it into my lash line and takes about 5 - 10 solid minutes, which sucks because I don't want to be spending so much time removing my mascara. But this product gives me such a desirable lash look, I'll be using this for a very very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Nedzglf

This is my first review and I felt compelled to write because this product is so amazing! I have super oily eyelids and have tried every so called waterproof mascara that there is (Chanel, diorshow, Mac, benefit, Stila, tarte etc.) Nothing has worked except for Bobbi brown no smudge mascara but its so expensive and it stayed but didn't really do anything for my lashes. That is until I found this mascara. It stayed all day in humid 100 degree weather didn't fall to under my eye and generally made my lashes look nicer. Highly recommend especially for those of us that have super oily eyes!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by alextuthreefour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I didn't love this as much as I do! I have short, stick straight lashes and hooded eyelids that fold over my lashes, causing smudges and causing them to lose their curl. This mascara has fibers which helps extend my lashes and it is waterproof to keep from smudging and losing a curl. I really love the wand, and the formula. It is $20, which is a bit more than I would like to pay for mascara that needs to be changed in around 3 months, but it is good! I will purchase when I feel like spoiling myself (and when I haven't spent all my money on other makeup...heh). Covergirl's Clump Crusher is my favorite drugstore mascara, but UD Cannonball is definitely my all time favorite mascara! HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by kisskissbangbang1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have very long lashes to begin with and purchased this waterproof mascara hoping it wouldn't transfer makeup onto my eyelid. I've been using this mascara for about 6 months now and it's definitely tear and smudge resistant! My only complaint is that this mascara is prone to clumping and I always get little mascara fibers flaking off of my lashes and into my eye. Still better than most mascaras I've tried, but not 'in love' with it.