Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

4.1

Acrylates Copolymer, Alcohol Denat, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/, Ammonium stearate, Aqua, Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Bentonite, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1, Butylene Glycol, Camelia sinensis, Caprylyl Glycol, Carmine, Cera alba, cera carnauba, Cholesterol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 19140, CI 77288, CI 77492, CI 77499, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, ethylhexyl acrylate crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hexylene Glycol, hydroxyesters acrylates copolymer, Isostearic Acid, Kaolin, Laureth-20, Macadamia integrifolia, Manganese Violet, Mica, Panthenol, PEG-100 Stearate, phenoxyethanol ()iron oxides (CI77491, Polyaminopropyl biguanide, Polyvinyl acetate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Silica, Simethicone, Stearic Acid, Sucrose Distearate, Titanium Dioxide, Tromethamine, Ultramarines.

on 3/12/2015 10:23:00 AM

I have average-length asian lashes but are quite sparse, this mascara is pretty average and it only lengthens your eyelashes but on the plus side, you could easily build it up without getting clumpy eyelashes; i love the brush.

But note that there is something about the smell of this mascara that irks me so much. I don't think that it is really smudge proof, it still smudges in the middle of the day.
And i could never really get the mascara out, even after double cleansing i would find black bits in my tear ducts etc., that never happened with other mascaras.

Overall, it is ok, but i wouldn't purchase it again.

on 2/22/2015 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I don't use mascara often because I don't like the unnatural look it gives my eyes. However, I like this one because it's not overly dramatic and it doesn't smudge! However, I wouldn't apply more than 2 coats because that's when the mascara starts to make eyelashes look spidery or clump.

on 1/18/2015 7:41:00 PM

I have really oily lids and a high cheek bones that tend to get oily. Whenever I smile or shut my eyes tighter, whatever mascara I am wearing - waterproof or normal - will rub off onto my under eyes. After discovering tubular mascaras, the first true one that I have ever purchased is this one. It really doesn't wear off no matter how oily I am. I am even brave enough to coat my lower lashes because I know this mascara won't budge.
I love how easy it is to remove. I wipe off all of my makeup excluding the lashes, then I splash some water over it (doesn't necessarily have to be lukewarm) and tug on it lightly with my fingers. It comes off very cleanly and doesn't leave any residue.
The only downside is that it really weighs down my lashes. I could curl them multiple times, apply a coat, curl, apply a coat - and the product will still weigh it down.
But nonetheless, I've found a way to work with it: I apply two coats of waterproof mascara (I use Maybelline Colossal Cat Waterproof) and coat the outer lashes with Double Wear Zero Smudge.
I really would like to give this mascara 4.5 if I could.

on 6/16/2014 12:21:00 PM

How refreshing: a mascara that stays put, doesn't smudge or flake, looks fab throughout a long day and washes off with warm water.

I cannot cannot cannot wear most mascaras, as so many just result in smudges - sometimes to embarrassing levels. So many, gorgeous mascaras were failures: Lancome, Dior, benefit, etc. Tubing and gel mascaras helped: Blinc, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Tom Ford and L'Oreal. None of them, though, held up to this with ease of application vs. finished look.

One of the best things: the SA took the time to educate me with this, demonstrating a firm "swirl" inside the tube before extracting the wand. This helps clear the brush of excess mascara and diminished clumps.

I'll post again to comment on longevity - this is the first week, but I'm loving it so far.

UPDATE: The tube didn't last long enough for the $$$ price to merit repurchase.

on 7/18/2013 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is by far my favorite mascara. :) After trying who knows how many mascaras, I had pretty much given up on finding one that fulfilled its promises. It was so frustrating trying to spend good money on something that turned out to be a dud time and time again.

What's funny is it was actually given to me by the Estee Lauder rep. She stuck it in my bag with a bunch of samples and I discovered it when I got home. The only issue that someone might have is that it is kind of a wet mascara, so if you're used to dry mascara it might be a bit of an adjustment.

It is thin so it's easily buildable without making you look like Ms. Spider Eyes. If you like a more natural look, it's super easy to apply a single coat and go out the door without a second thought. The only downside is that because it's smudge proof, it's not that easy to remove with a cheap makeup remover or wipe. But if you use a good quality remover like MAC's cleanse off oil then you should be fine.

on 8/2/2012 9:57:00 PM

I like this. I bought a little sample of it and have been using is for about 2 months now. It does not flake or smudge which happens to me with a lot of mascaras. Application can be natural and soft or heavy and dramatic, both is possible. If you apply it lightly all the lashes are seperated and nicely coated. With a heavier application is does not clump too much. But the biggest plus = it really lasts all day!!!

Overall a really nice mascara and I will probably buy the full size of it.

on 4/19/2012 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I have finally found a mascara that will make my eyelashes look like a dolls eyelashes. I have been using glamour eyes by Rimmel for years, but I after a while it got dried out. My lashes are long as is but this mascara by Estee Lauder makes it more dramatic, that people think I have false eyelashes on. LOL.. Great product..

on 4/10/2012 11:58:00 AM

Love this mascara. I've tried so many on my sparce spindly lashes & this is the best results yet - makes me look like I've got really long luscious lashes. The only downside is that it doesnt stay a good consistency for long - after about 4-5weeks it starts to go a bit clumpy! :(

on 9/28/2011 2:59:00 AM

I love this mascara for its delivery on the promise of keeping me smudge free during the day and it provides a little lift too. This won't provide much added volume but I can use another mascara underneath this for that purpose. If I apply a thin layer of this as a finishing touch, I can rest assured that I can go through the day or have a nap without getting smudges on my brow bone. I wear a high PPD sunblock and the grease from that can break through and cause most mascaras to smudge on me but not this one! Estee Lauder has considered what irritates busy women and has freed us from the time consuming need to keep checking for smudges and wiping the smears away.

N.B: I've marked the packaging down a point as all wands should have something in the rim to wipe away excess and save the waste of
having to wipe it away on a tissue.

on 9/20/2011 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I wear contact lenses and I also swim daily. I have struggled to find a mascara that can cope with this! However, Estee Lauder's double wear (both lengthening and curling) have come to my rescue. Yes, they flake, so some work needed with the lash comb before I leave home and they are pricey, but hey, I'd rather spend the money on a product that meets my needs. No issue with my contacts and no panda eyes after swimming. Works for me!