December 21, 2014 | 1234 users online

Self Tanners - Jergens - Jergens Natural Glow Firming

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by yjanney

I've been using this for a couple of years now and I really love it. Never orange, always subtle and the price is right! I've tried a lot of high end tanners and the results were not great - orange tint, too long to dry, smelled nasty, or the results demanded perfect application (I'm a little casual). I have never noticed a real firming action, but that was never my main concern. I use the medium to tan shade and it never gets TOO dark. It used to have a fairly unpleasant smell but the formula has changed. The tube I bought 4/2014 says there's no odor - this is not true, but it's actually pleasant now. I don't have very dry skin so this is plenty moisturizing for me. This is easy to apply and dries really fast. I wash my hands as soon as I'm done and never have a problem with stained palms.
EDIT: Because I couldn't get dark enough with this product, I started using L'oreal Sublime Bronze. I'll use this product in the colder months.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Smaccks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for about two weeks and I am definitely impressed. It dries quickly so you are able to put it on right after you get out of the shower and get dressed shortly after. I have a olive complexion and just with two weeks of using I have a natural looking tan, perfect for summer without so much sun exposure! I see a lot of people mentioning the smell. I think it has been reformulated recently because there is not a strong odor at all. The slight smell of it actually smells sort of florally. So it isn't bad at all.

The only con so far is that I forgot to wash it off of my hands once and it made the web part of my fingers turn a orangish color. After two days of scrubbing this was gone. Since this was my fault, I think it still deserves 5 stars!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by laurakaye

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I love the feel - very moisturizing for my arms and legs. I live in Michigan and I start using this in February when I wonder if I'll ever feel the warm sun again.:) I actually don't mind the smell at all - it reminds me of summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Shaypril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Overall, this is a good self tanner. I rate this 4 out of 5 stars. I have very fair skin and after just a few days of using this product, I developed a light tan. You could shower at night then apply this but I recommend applying this at night then showering the next morning. I had just the tiniest bit of streaking without showering the next morning, but if you do shower the next morning that top layer (streaking) will come off and still leave the tan beneath. It takes a couple or few days longer to get the color you want this way but I would rather that then have a little streaking. Btw, I have next to white skin (no pigment) so the fact that I had just a tiny bit of streaking must mean this product is amazing! As for the firming cellulite, I did not notice any difference (but thats no surprise). However, I have some very light acne scars on my shoulders and those were blended in and just about erased after the tan set in. So a little discoloration should be diminished or blended away with this product as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by azumpxo

.. I dont know if it's just me but when I use this I don't really get the grossss smell I get with other tanners, like my Nivea one. I think the smell is kind of like Garnier Fructis Shampoo.. ahaha which is kind of weird, but oh well.

Anyways .. this works pretty well. I'd deff recommend for a cheap self tanning option. I think maybe I'll try the shade darker since I want a little more color than the Light one is giving me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by obsessed12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always go back and forth with this product, but somehow I always go back to it every summer! I used to be really big on tanning and would sit out in the sun every chance I get, but now I'm more aware of the risks of tanning= skin cancer, wrinkly skin, blotchiness, and sun spots... I don't tan anymore, but I still wanted to look like I was living and not ghostly, white, and dead! So I decided to go for this.. AGAIN! Except, this is sort of new to me, b/c it has a "firming" formula.
After ONE use, this gets me 1/2~1shade darker, after the SECOND use, it gets me 1~1.5shades darjker, and after the THIRD use, definitely 2-3shades darker. "Natural Glow" is definitely what I'm looking for and this does the job! I'm so glad Jergens came out with this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by sushi288

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The self-tanner part gave me a great even,gradual tan and the lotion part of it moistuized well also. The only thing I hate is the smell. I think it smells horrible and I got so self conscious about myself cause I could smell the self-tanner on me and it felt like the scent got on all my things; my clothes, bed, etc. If you can stand the smell, use it. I can't repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Med/Tan. I had the original version when it came out and absolutely hated the scent. It was horrid. This is much better, tho not great. The scent is warm and kinda like a sweet shea butter. It disappears for the most part and I only notice it again when I sweat, and for this reason I only use this at night. The color development is gradual of course, but it is noticeable and I don't have to use this every day to keep the result. I wouldn't know anything about the firming, I don't need it really, I don't have any dimples or anything yet. Thank goodness. I've even used this on my face a few times without any adverse reaction. I'll use this up and see what my options are, but will probably repurchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

The first that struck me when I first used this product was the *lack* of that recognizable "self-tanner" smell. This does have an odor, but nothing at all offensive, and it quickly fades. Over a period of a few days, I was also glad to find that my skin looked a lot more even and streak-free in comparison to my experience with other self-tanners. Even as the top layer of skin wears off, my skin looks more-or-less even. I don't notice any firming capability, but I do notice that unlike other "moisturizing" self-tanners, this one actually *is* moisturizing. I really like this product. However, there are downsides. First, it does seem like it takes forever to dry, possibly because it is a moisturizer. Second, the color change is *gradual*. It does take about a week of daily use to see much of a change, after that, you need to re-apply daily to keep up the "tan". I suppose that this is the trade-off you get for avoiding streaky skin. I bought the medium/tan color, and I can't imagine that anyone but those who are really, really pale should start with the light version. The color change is just too gradual. All-in-all, I am very pleasantly surprised at how well this works. Streak-free (but GRADUAL) tan, decent smell, and moisturizing too. What's not to love, especially for the price? (I paid about USD $7 for the tube at Target) I think I will try the non-firming version as well for comparison. This may well become my HG self-tanner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I do love this. Last summer I used way too much of the dark, best when you alternate days. But it does go on very nicely and does actually firm, or it could be the cardio at the gym. :) In any event, this is one that I keep buying over and over again.