November 27, 2014 | 929 users online

Self Tanners - Xen-Tan - All Products

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by macmeupp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a review for "Deep Bronze". NOT the "Luxe", and "Transform" I bought Xen Tan "Transform" first..HORRIBLE! There is no green tint so its like any other drug store self tanner..orange! Smelly! Not to mention..gradual tan? I think not! Deep dark ORANGE with one application on my super fair skin (I'm talking NC15, maybe even lighter). Lost my receipt..so I can't return :(

Now for "Deep Bronze". It's great..for now. I haven't tried a self tanner in years because of the orange factor..decided to give this a go since it had the green tint. Of course I always follow all the self tanning "rules"..but I always apply it to my legs only the first time so I can see the color and how dark one application is. This comes out as a murky green-brown thick lotion. It has a tint, which is awesome. I can't say how easy it is to blend compared to other tanners as I haven't tried any. It pretty much applies like a regular lotion..and if you rub it in well it doesn't stay sticky..wait 5 minutes to get dressed though! It smells DELICIOUS btw, and the self tan smell isn't really that noticeable to be honest! (No matter what anyone says...if your self tanner is working, it IS going to smell no matter what, at least somewhat) The next day I woke up, and I was maybe a shade/shade and a half darker. Which was great because I didn't want dramatic..thats why I had originally bought Transform. Showered and washed off the tint and-----no streaks (though the color guide LOOKS like you will be), feet/ankles/knees looked great. Oh...and NO orange :) Gorgeous color..I could barely recognize myself :)

I applied it to the rest of my body later that week. I waited one day between applications and reapplied and am happy with this color until it gets closer to summer. Once summer hits I am going to try Dark Lotion probably, because honestly, even on my pale pale pale skin Deep Bronze is pretty much like a gradual tanning moisturizer that is tinted..and not orange. I want darker! I love it though, highly recommend if you are wanting a light-medium tan!

I think the price for the quality of this product is valid..I'm giving it four stars just because I think they could make the bottle a little larger. I also wish it had a pump like the dark lotion does.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by CLAiRE07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This review is for the Xen Tan Dark Tanning Lotion. I LOVE this self-tanner! Definitely the best I have tried. I find the formula very easy to apply and appreciate the fact that it is tinted. It has a sweet, almond-y scent and lasts a decent amount of time. It also fades pretty evenly and doesn't leave any awkward looking patches. The color is a lovely, natural, bronze shade-not orange or fake looking at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Joanna95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

REVIEW ON THE DEEP BRONZE LUXE:
When I first used it I applied it with my fingers. But as I was waiting for the tanner to dry(it takes 3 hours they claime) it was REALLY streaky. Like green/grey streakes(because that's the color of the actual liquid) and I was horrified!!! But the streaks dissapears once the tanner dries, no its cool :) The result was streakfree exept one or two spots that was my fault, lol. I let the color be for one week, and then I scrubbed of what was left.

Yesterday I applied it on my own untanned skin with the mit that I ordered with the tan. But I did not like to apply it with the mit. I think it's way better with your fingers, because with the mit you use a lot more product than you would normally use if you used only your fingers. And the worst thing of all, it became really streaky here and there! And also after I'd waited 3 hours, I applied another layer to get a deeper tan(because this is a medium-tan lotion that Im using) and I got to bed, and was expecting everything to be dry and tanned when I woke up 8 hours later. BUT it hadn't dried completely. It felt greasy when I touched my skin... AND ALSO it was these dark green spots here and there, and tan some places..... EW! But after a couple of hours everything turned into the tan it should be, with out any streaks or weird spots or anything :-)

COLOR:
One coat applied gives a really natural medium olive tan, it's super pretty!
After TWO coats applied it gives a quite dark olive tan, and I mean dark haha. I'm a NW30 in MAC foundations, and my face looked kinda pale compared to my neck/shoulders/arms/chest etc.... haha :)

SMELL:
Has a vanilla smell, but the scent turns slightly away and into a more ''fake-tan'' smell afterwards. But nothing noticeable, really. It still smells a little mix of fake-tan and vanilla.

it's still some uneven skin here and there, but I'll shower once and than the color will be a little lighter, luckily hehe, and it will be more even :-)

I defiantly recommend this tanner! But apply it with your fingers!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by ckirby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This review is for the Dark Tanning Lotion. Absolutley the best self tanner I've ever used, hands down! It gives such a natural, deep brown color that doesn't look orange at all, and it smells amazing! The lotion is tinted so you can easily see where you have applied it and the color develops very quickly and lasts about 5 days or longer. It also fades wonderfully, no weird streaks or patches, it fades exactly the same as a real tan from the sun would fade! love <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have to say that I have tried just about every self tanner out there and although I know people's skin type/tone are different, I tried this off a suggestion from someone on the MU board.

I ordered it through Amazon as HSN was out of it. It was much pricier on Amazon ($40) compared to what I believe is only $20 on HSN (that might have just been their into. price though)

So, I got this stuff in yesterday and couldn't wait to put it on. I have THE fairest skin ever...I have to say that I did NOT exfoliate as I was too excited to get this on.

I did use gloves and there I went. It comes out this baby puke green color and smells like Cherry Cola to me...which is a good thing. I rubbed it in and immediately saw gorgeous color. You really don't need alot.

I put it on my legs, arms, neck/throat and face and it just got prettier as the night went on. Today it is a gorgeous, bronzy, real looking tan shade. I really do look like I've been in the tanning beds for a month or more.

I will DEFINITELY repurchase this again.....

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2008 5:42:00 AM More reviews by MariaBraun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for Dark Lotion. After reading all the great reviews about this product and being a real self tanning pro I thought I'd give it a try even though I already found my HG self tanner in St Tropez.
Xen Tan Dark Lotion is good, it smells divine, moisturises the skin and produces a very natural looking tan. Yet I get the same if not deeper result from St Tropez which I find much easier to apply. St Tropez glides over the skin before it dries while this one dries literally in a second even before I manage to spread it evenly so rubbing it in is a bit of a hassle. Therefore the application takes much longer than with St Tropez.
Overall a good product but once I finish the bottle I will definitely go back to my all times favourite St Tropez which is also more widely available.
UPDATE: Unfortunately now that I have been using this product for three weeks I've noticed that it is very drying to my skin so I'm changing my rating to three.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 9:32:00 AM More reviews by mms5094

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this self tanner! I have been using it for 3 years now, it has a very natural look, its a bit pricey but one bottle of lotion lasts all summer for me, Much better than any that I have ever tried and I have tried them all!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by amberjade21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best self-tanner I have used! It is moisturising and smells lovely and only gives a hint of the nasty fake tan smell about four hours after application! It is expensive but I searched around on the internet and got a full-size bottle for under 21 delivered so not bad! Also, a little bit goes a really long way so I reckon the bottle will last a long time too. The tint gives you a lovely glow and doesn't make you look muddy either so you could do it in the day. The final result was amazing - I have tried many self-tanners but this gave a truly natural 'olive' glow that no other self-tanner has done for me! Even my hands and feet came out well!!! The colour also faded very naturally - almost like a natural tan, and with no patchiness! I will definitely repurchase and I recommend it to anyone.
EDIT: I also decided to invest in the Xen tan, tan extender which can be used on its own for a light colour or to maintain your tan. It is much better than the usual gradual tanning moisturisers and I use this three days after using the tanning lotion and it makes my tan last up to ten days! Great stuff!