October 1, 2014 | 1892 users online

Self Tanners - L'Oreal - Sublime GLOW

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by JAREDISAAC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

All I can say is what a horrible product. Way too runny. It's hard to get any colour out of this product and when you do finally get colour, its way to orange . The only positive thing as far as I am concerned is the smell was okay compared to other self tanners. Will definately not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in medium and it didn't work for me. It went on fine, but once it was dry, I have spots all over that were tell tell signs that I was using self tanner. Didn't like at all. I tried it a second time and got the same results....so I won't be purchasing again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2008 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Joey2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It smells slightly better than Jergens Natural Glow, but I still can't stand this odor on my body all day. And, good luck if you get a little warm - that "green tea" fragrance will spread all over your "space" and everyone gets to share. The glitter doesn't bother me, and it leaves a nice color. This product is slightly sticky. I could overlook sticky if I could stand the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Meeeeeow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I am a pretty pale redhead (not natural redhead - so I have a gold tone to my skin) and I have the worst experiences with tanning lotions. Most that I have tried end up looking very unnatural in color for me and are either too orange or too dark, so there is not a seamlessness there, and they are difficult to blend.

Anyways, I tried a sample tube of Sublime Glow and LOVED it. It creates a very natural and pretty tone on my lighter skin. I even used the one for medium skin tones and got a deeper effect without having to switch products. I can explain the resulting color as more of a flattering peachy bronze, on a lighter scale, that creates a glow effect. They really have it down on this one, in my opinion.

I just bought the one for my face. I SWORE I'd never self-tan my face, but with such a pretty result, I figured I'd give it a shot. I'll let you know how it goes...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in the Medium shade and I've only tried using it on my legs and arms. I actually got baked when I went to Kauai last summer and this product doesn't really compare to the real tan color that I get (toasty brown), it's more like a tawny dark amber color. I can't tell if my eyes are playing tricks on me or if the lighting in my room is too warm, but sometimes my legs look faintly orange to me.

The glitteryness is what prevents me from wearing this out in the daytime ("A million f*cking diamonds!" for the Arrested Development fans), along with the after-scent the lotion leaves behind after drying. It does smell a lot better than other self-tanners, but if you sniff your skin after it dries, it does have that typical urine like smell that all self-tanners have.

This product has never streaked on me, but I make sure to always exfoliate previous to application, and I rub in the lotion really well. All in all, I would buy this product again...if I never find something better.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2008 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Sariella53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Dries quickly, gives even tan and lasts for about a week. I'm never gonna use anything else again!

EDIT: Originally wrote this review years ago. Just wanted to let you know that it's still my favourite!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2007 7:11:00 PM More reviews by twizlix11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the color this gives me and i have had absolutely no problems with keeping the deposit even. But i just HATE the tacky sparkles it has! i was worried at first about putting this on my chest for fear of pimples, but a week in and ive had no problems. this is the best self tanning moisturizer ive tried and im just going to have to live with looking like a shimmer brick in the sun.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2006 4:48:00 PM More reviews by amora015

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best out there. It smells a little but is not that bad, You can actually see results after first use. but if you plan to go to the beach or the pool with it do not go in the water you will lose your tan !!! LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2006 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Sayfam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What a wonderful self tanner! I've used Dove (too orange) and Jergens (no results) but in 2 days of using this I have a nice bronzy, realistic tan! So easy to use also. I don't mind the smell at all and it does give you an instant sparkle! Plus as far as I can tell, it doesn't rub off. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2006 12:45:00 PM More reviews by raybell

This has a weird smell. I can't quite put my finger on it. But- this is the best gradual tanner I've used. It leaves the best color- this warm toasty look not orangey. I love it. And I'll buy more once I run out