October 20, 2014 | 2041 users online

Self Tanners - Banana Boat - Sunless Tanning Creme - Deep Dark

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of the best drugstore self tanners! My second favorite to the Tanwise Lotion which is just a few bucks more. The consistency of this stuff is divine - a very creamy lotion that reminds me of pudding. The smell doesn't bother me, in fact it reminds me of picking up Banana Boat's foam self tanner from the dollar store when I was 10 and the mishaps that came from that. Like all of the other reviews state, this does give amazing color. It's very deep and dark, and that's when I apply two layers. The only downside to this is that in some lighting this does have an orange tint to it. I am also EXTREMELY pale (whitest white, blue veins and all) without self tanner and if you miss a spot or don't blend completely the contrast of the colors is just awful and so un-natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by edendani17

I love this self tanner. I'm pretty pale, but this was the only one in the house, so I decided to try it. I loved it! I feel like if you apply it by itself, it may be a bit too dark, but then again that may just be because I'm so pale. If you pair it with a regular body lotion, it gives a great, even look and doesn't streak. It's a great product, one of the best out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by leighann12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This sunless tanning cream is amazing. I've had mine for almost a year and I love it. It's only $7 at Wal-mart so buying it was no problem at all. I had first used Jergens sunless glow lotion and it was terrible. It took forever to dry and washed off very easily. It didn't even build a lot of color. This lotion however, is tinted so you can see where you've already applied it. It develops completely in just a few hours and takes awhile to dry, so wait at least 10-20 minutes before putting clothes on. When it's dry, it looks great! It's a very good, dark color. I've experienced streaking a few times, so that's why I rated it a 4 instead of 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by dolcevita12

Simply AMAZING. I had to wear shorts for work one day and needed a quick tan. As soon as I applied this I noticed a tan! It didn't turn me orange and it didn't streak! The scent isn't actually the best, but it's nothing horrible. I was scared to buy the deep dark, but it ended up not being that DEEP at all, it was perfect and not fake looking!

*I've used the Jergens Natural Glow and that just left me orange and streaky. The color I got when I applied the Banana Boat Creme the very first time, would have taken me about 3 days to get with the Jergens Natural glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by petitebabygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this on my legs and stomach and it works great. No orange and the smell doesn't bother me. Results are nicely tanned legs without any damage from the sun!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by bammber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the best self tanners I've ever used (and trust me, I've tried a lot!) It pops up as a rich brown color, even on someone as pale as myself. But it's not too dark, so if you streak, it's easy to cover up. The fragrance isn't great, but it's not any worse than your standard self tanner. The price is also a definite plus compared to other tanners (I paid around $7 at Ulta), perfect if you're on a beauty budget.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by fitmom2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

perfect..brown.shows up with first application--even AFTER color guard washes off..and cheap too!!!!!!!!

A++++++++++++++ been using this stuff for years!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2005 2:12:00 PM More reviews by empresslestat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Used this last night before I went to bed so I could wake up with a great tan. Loved the formula and color guide. BUT, after applying and trying to go to sleep, the smell became so intense that after being awake for two hours, I had to take a shower. Even though I only had the tanner on for about three hours, I still had developed a tan that lasted through the shower! The color is great, but I don't think I can use this again due to the stink!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2005 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Floweranne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Savage bronze and recently just tried this brand. I LOVE IT!! This works great, and the price is really inexpensive. I use it in combination with Savage Bronze and they together give me a great tan look. Like I have been away in the Islands for weeks. Not orange at all. Just a very natural looking tan. I am pale/skin and this stuff is my new FAVe!
Go buy this and give it a try. But remember to exfoliate and moisturize before you apply any self tanner. That is the secret to having a great tan look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2004 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Cherub573

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best sunless tanner I've tried so far. The smell is also the most pleasant of any I've used. The color is slightly orange on me, but I have yet to find one that mimics my natural tan color perfectly. That being said, it still looks natural enough that people ask me if I went somewhere sunny recently. (I'm in Seattle, ha ha). Love it, my favorite so far!