September 23, 2014 | 1822 users online

Self Tanners - St.Tropez - Tinted Self Tanning Mousse/Whipped Bronze

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 4:17:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

I can't believe i've never reviewed this! So first things first, i really like this stuff!
However, it is not without its flaws!

The texture on this self-tanner makes it super easy to apply. You do have to work
it in really fast though or you will end up a streaky hot mess. Unfortunately, you do
have to spring money for the mitt, because using that leaves you looking tan and flawless.
I love how quickly it dries as well, within 30 minutes i can get dressed and ready to go.
The scent on this is also great, it doesn't give me the headache other self tanners give
me so frequently. And scent used to cover up the DHA smell is rather nice in my opinion.

I use the regular version of this mousse, and in one application it gets me (i am about an nc23-25 naturally) to about an NC30. Not bad, but I usually prefer an NC 40 tan. To get myself to NC40-42 I do have to do biweekly application. Not bad, but it does suck that i have to use more product. Again, the dark version may be better but i have not used it.
The color of tan that the st tropez gives is gorgeous! It is a yellowy/olive tan. It is just
so gorgeous and natural looking! It usually fades evenly as well

Now onto the biggest con, this stuff is pretty expensive. The 8oz bottle is 44ish dollars. Not terrible, but you can find TONS of cheaper alternatives. Overall, if you have the extra money to blow id recommend this. But there are tons of viable options out there!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by beachsexybronze

I wanted to love this self tanner, but I didn't see hardly any color once it washed off in the shower the next day (I have been using self tanner since I was 14-in my early 30's now) and it seems that most self tanners keep getting lighter and lighter or you have to use the whole bottle in one application in order to see any real dark color these days.

The color guard is nice tho, so this is great as a body bronzer for a day. If you are really pale, this may be good, but if you're someone like me who wants to be dark over night, then this one may disappoint.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Anna888

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my all time favourite self tanners and I've tried loads! Whilst St Tropez is expensive, with self tanners it's really worth paying that bit more. This goes on easily and dries ultra quickly to a matt finish and hardly smells at all! For best results apply with a tanning mitt and regularly moisturise your skin - this really does make a difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 7:03:00 AM More reviews by hellokitty05

I got the biggest fright when the foam came out of the bottle. It's brown & green! But then that made complete sense since green based tans IMO are the best. You dont look like you rolled around in Nacho Cheese Doritos.

I'm on the fence with this, as much as it has awesome strong points in my opinion it fails in certain areas. I still prefer a good old spray tan but they can get expensive so I try to save those for special occasions. Good points - Holy crap, it's fast drying like insanely fast but yet I still feel sticky. The first night I applied it without a glove and had dark brown hands. I scrubbed as much off with soap pumped onto a baby wipe but by then the tan had set. The next morning I showered and here's where a bad point comes in - it seemed to completely wash off. By the end of the day I was back to my pale self so I have reapplied tonight. I do like the color - what I saw of it - as I didn't get a chance to see it in natural light since it pretty much came off in the shower that morning. Not impressed with the $40 price tag (for the small bottle) in comparison to the staying power. I think the bigger bottle was $60. I'm not sure if that's the criminal price Australia charges but if it is significantly cheaper in the US I'll be getting future bottle from there.

I'm going to use the whole bottle up and make a decision as to whether I would buy it again but for now I'll say I like it more than I hate it.

EDIT* So I'm not really a fan because of the need to reapply more frequently. If it had better staying power it'd be the messiah of all fake tans. It fades way TOO fast and I find that irritating. Ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by emmyjay123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great stuff! Great even for face. I use it on the area between my skirt and my boots so I don't look so pale. I also use it any time I want a tan on my whole body. Shower, shave legs and exfoliate, moisturize, then tan! I like that I can see where the tan's going because the mousse, itself, is tan in color. HIGHLY recommend the St Tropez Tan Remover. Before I got that, I used an exfoliating scrub to remove the tan product from my hands, and it was really hard to take it off. After the tan remover, product removal from my hands is a breeze. I'm sure you can use the tan remover on you body, if you get an uneven result, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by brianharr123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used probably 50 different sunless tanners....I was using Air Brush Solutions using a carpad method for awhile....I read alot about St Tropez but alway held off thinking it would just be like another st....I gotta say this product is great...There is a green pigment in the tint and it just looks really natural when i apply it...the resulting color is very natural.....The smell is far and away the best I have used and it dries super quick...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by gambitlizard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a pretty pale girl... NW15 year round. Since I don't tan, for obvious reasons, I'm always looking for a product that will give me a natural, golden glow in the summer. St. Tropez is a highly recommended product. And I can see why, It gave me a soft, bronzy faux tan. Application was easy and relatively streak free. It does have that self tanner smell (DHA), but I think it's less than other brands. Even after multiple applications, I never developed an orange cast. After I stopped using it, it wore off fairly evenly, with streaking around joints and on my lower legs.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2009 2:22:00 AM More reviews by NikkiHarbin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my first time to try a self tanner that provides immediate, medium to dark color. First of all, the color is very natural, not orange. It is a warm golden brown. It has a slight reddish tint to it as well, in my opinion, making it look more natural than most sunless tanners. The ease of use for this product on a scale of one to ten (one being fool-proof and ten being impossible to achieve great results) would be 8 to 8.5, in my opinion. That being said, this was my first time to use this product or any self tanner that gives immediate results, for that matter. With continued use/practice, I could see this product easily being a 9 on a scale of one to ten. I do recommend using the application pad made my St.Tropez specifically for their self tanners. I used bare hands which made the application process somewhat challenging. I believe it would be a faster method and provide more even results by using the application pad. The scent of the product is not unpleasant at all, which is unusual for self tanners. The product dries very quickly (within 60 sec.), so it's important to apply it as quickly as possible. That being said, most mistakes (patches or dried product that was not rubbed in quickly enough) can be fixed simply by applying more of the product to the area. I highly recommend watching the application video on St.Tropez's website before applying to achieve the best results and avoid mistakes. Don't forget to exfoliate and moisturize dry areas before applying! Very important! If your legs are dry, for instance, lightly moisturize them! Most people need only apply moisturizer to hands, nails, sides of feet and heels, elbows, and knees, but some may have drier skin, especially after exfoliating and showering, and may need to lightly moisturize other dry areas to avoid patchiness. Lastly, I have somewhat sensitive skin, so when I update my review in about 3 or 4 weeks (after I have had more experience applying the product and after I see how long the color lasts and its effects on my skin i.e. breakouts, irritation), I will include its effects on my skin. Hopefully, the product will last for a week (ideally) when showering everyday and will not cause breakouts on my face, back, or chest or cause irritation. Very impressed, so far! Will update in 3 to 4 weeks. So far, I highly recommend this self tanner!
***Update....Its been less than a week since I've applied the product for the first time. My tan lasted about 3 or 4 days, since I shower daily. Although it did not last as long as I hoped, the color was very natural looking and even. I will say that it is very important to wear gloves or use the application pad when applying, because it will stain your hands no matter how many times you wash your hands after applying. The morning after I applied the product, my hands were very stained. I found that the color of your tan will intensify for several hours after application. This is why my hands appeared to be stain-free before I went to bed, but very stained the next morning. So, use gloves or the application pad to avoid this problem! Also, since I use benzoyl peroxide on my face at night, the tan on my face faded a little faster than the tan on the rest of my body. Just a note to those who use benzoyl peroxide at night. Also, this product did not break out my face, but did cause a minor breakout on my chest. Nothing major, which is unusual for me since I have very sensitive and somewhat acne prone skin. Overall, I highly recommend this product for those who are looking for a dark, quick-drying, natural looking, and immediate tan that can be very easy to apply with a little practice.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Tessa6996

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

From all your guys reviews I really want to try this self tanner. sounds amazing. Im using Lancaster milk face and body spf 6 self tanner. you guys should try it. Its amazing too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by shellmatangi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Iíve waiting a while to review this product and itís the only tanner Iíll review. After trying many tanners including St Tropez Lotion, Fake Bake Lotion and Xtreme Gel, Sun Dark sensation etcÖI have to say that this St Tropez Mousse is the best! Really easy to apply, fairly hard to mess up, the color guide if left on is actually pretty good to wear for a night out and just wash off the next day or leave on if you want to be darker.

I have found that pretty much every tanner Iíve used definitely looks fake if you apply more than two coats, this is just my opinion and the opinion of my friends and family, they let me know! The only positive remarks Iíve ever had is when I have only ONE coat of this on, it doesnít get me dark but it looks like I have been in the sun for a few days. If you want it darker I reckon it just starts to look fake no matter what.