November 28, 2014 | 1221 users online

Self Tanners - Clarins - Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Melannichka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For a very fair gal who has never used a tanning booth or gotten any more sun than absolutely necessary, let's just say most self-tanners scare me to death! But I moved near the beach and the peer pressure got to me. I tried the Clarins Instant Gel and all of a sudden, I'm a Tan-O-Rexic! I look like the biggest beach bunny and I never left home! Its natural, easy to apply and leaves my skin sooo silky smooth. Honestly, i played with several brands and this is the ONLY self-tanner you will ever catch me buying! Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by brianharr123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Over rated....just use st tropez mousse...much better

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2009 1:37:00 PM More reviews by cosgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Have been using this product for years. Provides the MOST natural, even looking tan that just fades away gradually, (not blotchy). Nothing compares. It is expensive, but worth it. I have tried cheaper ones, but always come back to this one. NO orangey, fake looking color. Just a beautiful, brownish glow. As anemic looking as I am, I would never be without this product. I have enough sun damage from my sunbathing days and will never lay out again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2009 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Buttercat36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Normally I'm a Chanel junkie and I love Chanel's self tanners but unfortunately I ran out and Chanel apparently did as well. :(
So I bought Clarins and I'm loving it. The smell is a little worse than Chanel's which is why I took off one lippie, but the color is just as good and the smell goes away fairly fast.

I'm pretty light-skinned and like the fact that this stuff doesn't overwhelm you with color on the first application. You can build it up to the color you're satisfied with. It's great. I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by smam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best. Ever.
Yes, I will still try other self-tanners as I am a curious gal, but I have faith that none will live up to my gelee express. I am very pale with some dry skin but I have never had a problem with streaking or orange color - only a beautiful natural caramel color, even on my upper arms which are permanently a little red from sun damage. It gives just enough color as well...not too much of a shock, but certainly noticeable. The texture is a smooth gel-creams which, without exaggeration, glides on the body and dries quickly. It leaves no grease or dampness on the skin - I can read my newspaper on my lap right after without the print travelling to my skin (one of my big problems with other self-tanners). Can also be mixed with body lotion to be used more often. I just use it once or twice a week and I keep a nice tan all summer long because of it. The other thing that makes it great is the smell, or lack thereof. I have never found a completely odorless self-tanner - at least in the development phase when that metallic telltale odor arrives - but this is pretty close. With others, I find myself constantly aware of the smell because it seems to come off me in waves but with Clarins I can really only smell it if i bury my nose in my skin. My boyfriend almost never notices unless i tell him and he has been known to rampantly complain about self-tanner smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2008 12:01:00 PM More reviews by scarabocchio72

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I discovered this product last spring and I felt in love with it since the first application!
The main reason is the color: absolutely realistic, no strange orange/yellow undertone to me. I think that the best results comes with pale skin tone.
No issue with streaking, but you have to exfoliate your skin before and to apply with some tricks .... well, this is true for all the self-tanners that I've tried.

The only remarks is the price, 20 euros for 125 ml, but I save my skin and stop peolple asking me "Do you feel bad? You're so pale..."

Definetly I raccomend to pale girls that wants a believable colour and no error proof self tan!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2007 6:52:00 PM More reviews by loarc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I feel I should write a review on this product, as this is what lead me to discover MUA. A couple years ago I was trying to find the best self tanner out there, and I ran across MUA. After reading the reviews on this site I decided to purchase clarins gelee auto bronzant and I haven't been disappointed. All of my friends own this now. It is idiot proof. If it doesn't streak on me, I cant imagine it streaking on anyone else. The color is develops in a couple hours into a nice natural bronzy glow. Its buildable too, so if you want to go darker just apply more the next day. I live in South Florida so this has been my 'winter' staple. My only complaint is the smell. Not nearly as bad as other self tanners I've applied, and beats the pants off mystic tan, but you still get that self tanning smell, albeit a very faint one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2007 3:15:00 PM More reviews by xiaopengyou7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this self-bronzer!! I am very pale, so I've used many, mostly drugstore brands. This one is the best by far. Gives a golden- not orange- glow, easy to spread evenly, soaks into the skin with no stickiness and a light moisturizing effect, and has no unpleasant odor.

The price is a drawback, at $30 for 4 1/2 ounces. But it's worth it. This is the only bronzer I will ever use now.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2007 5:10:00 AM More reviews by cyndirella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this did not show up at all on me. returning it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2006 5:47:00 PM More reviews by sammydog1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This stuff smells absolutely horrible. I know all self tanners have a strange scent to some degree, but this is just awful. It smelled like pee or something. Thank goodness I was just going to bed.

It takes way too long to dry. I know this is formulated like this so it goes on evenly (and it does), but it's so SLIMY!

After one application, it came out too light for my taste. On my fair skin, it was almost like nothing. I said, "Ugh, you mean I have to put on ANOTHER coat of this stuff??" Like a fool, I did. The color was way orangey. I've tried other brands that were 1/3 of the price where the results were much, much better.

I really don't mind spending the extra money on a product that works well, but this stuff was certainly NOT worth the money. I didn't even finish the tube. I threw it out. Stupidly, I let too much time go by and lost the receipt. I still kick myself for not returning this at the store.