November 21, 2014 | 1711 users online

Self Tanners - Jergens - natural glow express medim/tan

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by pandakeeper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best cheap self tanner on the market has not been discontinued:-( Worked like a charm for me, never streaked. My hands & feet, I had to be careful. Other than that, it was so easy to use.

Now I have to research all over again:-(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by pandorax

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff. I use it every time I want to look tan, and it really does make me quite a few shades darker in just one day, with one application. I usually will put it on at night and sleep in it, and then wake up tan. I think it takes at least 8 hours to get the full result, but you will start noticing color within a few hours. The tan lasts about a week on me, although fades gradually during that time.

I haven't had problems with streaky color, but I'm also pretty careful about putting it on evenly. The only pitfalls I've had are getting more concentrated color at my wrists, and my hands being pale because I just can't not wash my palms after putting this stuff on. But even that hasn't been that noticable.

I would say, unless you are as porcelin pale as Nicole Kidman, don't bother with the light/medium express stuff, go for the darker version. I bought the lighter one to try it out and it just didn't give me much of a tan - no more than the foam gradual build up version. I am pretty light skinned and burn easily, but I do have some olive undertones, so maybe that helps it to look decent on me.

I also use the Jergens foam sunless tanner that gradually builds up, and I like that a lot too (especially for my face), but this is the one I use when I want to look tan FAST.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 4:56:00 AM More reviews by VinylRitchie

Am I the only person that has used this once and then turned about 4 shades darker but with an unmistakable orange tan??
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A GRADUAL TANNER!!! After one application, I woke up in the morning and realized that I was really REALLY dark already. The color came out deep orangy brown! My palms were dark orange, even though I washed them thouroughly after appying. I'm asian with medium tone skin and I can usually tan until I'm dark brown.I think that people should seriously buy the color that suits their natural skin tone.
I just re-applied since the bottle says that I have to do this for 3 days straight, and I'm scared about my final tan color. I've used almost every brand or self tanner available, and I always go for the deepest shade, but I think this tanner is the darkest even only one day! A little goes a long way and it will streak if not rubbed in well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by sherryba

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product! My skin had a nice tan look and I had no streaks. However, I've been using self tanners for a long time now and I do rub them in very well! Really a good product for a quick tan. I only wish the bottle was bigger!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by janeyeyre

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As a natural (= pastey) blonde I have become an expert at self-tanners. I am very impressed with Jergen's Natural Glow Express. Reading the bottle you think you'll need more than one application. I was surprised to wake up to a pretty dark tan the next day. Hence the EXPRESS part of the name.
(BTW I never waste my time with the 'light' versions of self-tanners. I need a tan and I need it now. I don't need to look 'sort of' tan)

It has been 5 days and the tan still looks pretty good....with no reapplication. I put this on before bed. Let it dry before putting on my jammies. I didn't exfoliate. Fantastic looking brown tan.
The secret to self-tanners is this: You have to be absolutely methodical and make sure you don't miss any spots otherwise you end up whining about looking 'blotchy' and blaming it on the self-tanner. It's YOU. Self-tanning lotion was not made for impatient & non-detail oriented people. You people should go to a Mystic Tan tanning booth where it's done for you.

Besides the wonderful tan I got, this was also moisturizing--a first for one step tanning. Usually self-tannrs dry out your skin. This is bar none, the best sunless tanner I have used.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by spiceyorange

comes in a tiny, tiny bottle, but delivers major color FAST. Its also really thick. I mix it with my neutrogena build-a-tan (which is runnier)and get great results. It lasts for a long time too, and the color is nice. Smells great too for a self-tanner

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 8:10:00 AM More reviews by clink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this! This is not a self-tanner. It's a moisturizer with a hint of self tanner for you to build up to your desired tan-ness. So if you want fast fast fast color, this one doesn't do it. It develops into a nice tan after 3 days. Best of all, the smell is not offensive and totally goes away the next day after a bath.

I'm a full shade tanner after 3 consecutive days of application, then I apply it once every 3 days to keep my tan in check.

It's easy to apply, no streaks and fail proof. All you need to do is make sure it spreads on evenly. I wish they sold it in a bigger size in a pump bottle!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skintone is already golden tan but I love using self tanner to give my skin a "glow" that just goes MIA during the winter months. I'm a huge fan of the original natural glow despite the nasty smell everyone complains about. For me, the original formula gives me a much more natural enhancement to my already tanned skintone.
Yes, this one works faster and the color will show up shortly after 1 use, BUT, the color itself is very orangy and unnatural looking.
The tube itself is a pain in the ass because it's hard to get the product out, especially if you are running low. In addition, this one is a lot smaller than the original tube.
Will not repurchase and will stick to the original formula, which by the way, has now added fragance so it doesnt smell so funky.