September 16, 2014 | 1744 users online

Toners - Clinique - Mild Clarifying Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by vivian308

I honestly never really liked to use toner before, since I think it's the step that u can skip, and usually most toners have alcohol which I hate, because it dries my skin out and also can cause breakouts (I'm not so sure about breakouts part but I just don't like the fact that my skin care products contain alcohol) However when I went to a Clinique counter and ask for help because my skin would not have big breakout but usually the clogged pores that continue to get bigger (I tend to have clogged pores instead of big breakouts), she told me that I have to try to exfoliate my skin more, and use a chemical exfoliation instead of physical (facial scrubs or Clarisonic etc, since it can be more irritating to skin) I took her advice and since this is a non-alcohol toner, I tried this, and I must say I like it, it actually help remove the left over debris that cleanser can't get rid of and somehow the salicylic ingredient in it exfoliate my skin... although it contains salicylic acid, it is pretty gentle and does a good job with toning and exfoliating the skin

However the price is what I give it 4 lippies, since it is a bit expensive...I read reviews about Dickensen's witch hazel toner, and that product is $4 at Walmart for a big bottle, I just bought it a few days a go, and it seems to work just as well, for a fraction of cost...I was surprised because I never liked alcohol toner, and Dickensen one has about 14% of grain alcohol which is a lot...however it was not irritating to my skin at all, it was actually pretty soothing and also I noticed it brightens my skin after I use it, so I think I will continue with Dickensen toner...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by altar_keene

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of my all time favorite skin care products. I've been using this since I came on the market about 10+years ago. I use this is the morning on a Swispers pad to "cleanse" my face, and then apply make up. I purchase multiples of this because I go through it so quickly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* My skin - Dry to combination depending on the season and the persistent dry spots around the nose area and cheeks. Adult acne on occasion.
* Pros - Fragrance-free, alcohol-free, non-drying and very comforting on my delicate skin. It's also a gentle exfoliator that is good on my dry spots and flakes. It does not leave my skin dry, tight or tingly whatsoever. Just clean and smooth!
* Cons - None.
* Verdict - I've used this for years and I'm quite happy with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Alexa85

Comparing all the tonics from Clinique, this is the only one without alcohol and I love it! I tried all the other ones but the alcohol would burn my skin. So I highly recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

I purchased this at Sephora about 3 weeks ago, and I'm about halfway through the bottle...this may be a premature review, but oh well. I was weirded out by the consistency at first, it's pearlescent and look thick in the bottle, I was actually nervous that it had gone bad! :) It was about $13...I used it morning and night after cleansing, swept on my face with a cotton round. It feels odd, kinda foamy actually, and it doesn't "refresh" your skin (alcohol-based toners do), but it dries and makes my skin feel smooth and ready for moisturizer. I have very normal skin, no major issues like acne or sensitivity...my T-zone gets a bit oily if I don't blot though, and that's it. I haven't really noticed a huge difference overall, I'm not even sure my skin reacts to salicylic acid...but it hasn't caused breakouts or problems. I'll probably finish this bottle and switch to something else, the Origins toner looks good. The packaging on this product sucks too, I've lost so much to spillage. It needs a pump like the other toners.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2008 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Fantak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! My skin turned super sensitive after bombarding it with acne products (a heavy combination benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid could never have been good ;p) I stopped cold and gave my skin a few months to calm down (using just water and honey) and have just started to go back to using 'products' since my skin was starting to look congested.

I use the toner once a day (sometimes twice) I actually use it on my eye area because it has got rid of my annoying (if rather nominal) milia! YaY! The toner is very mild and doesn't seem irritate the skin there. It has also made my pores less visible and 'normal' looking. They can look dry and stretched out when your skin is unhappy.

My skin is getting brighter and clearer everyday since I've been using it. I've started to glow! I really think I've found my HG!

I don't usually wear face make up so I use it instead of a cleanser after washing with water and spraying with Avene's thermal water spray (also a God send).

The ways it's packaged can be annoying but because of the consistency of the product I can't think of a better way of doing it. I mean if it was in a pump bottle (like I prefer) I would probably forget to shake it and it'd probably get stuck in the tube leading up to the opening.

Great product, I would definitely repurchase!

**UPDATE** I have just realised that salicylic acid gives me severe redness and irritation. Even this mild product has left my skin red. This is frustrating and relieving at the same time since I have found what irritates my skin, but lost a product I loved using. I still use the lotion on a cotton swab around my eye area to get rid of milia. I also use it after threading on the threaded areas to avoid little bumps. I find using it on just selected areas doesn't give me much irritation. I think this is a great product so I will not change the rating. However I will not be able to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2008 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Serious1y

I found this product to be very very mild (hence the name I guess haha). But seriously it is worlds away from the next one up, clarifying lotion 1 which is veeery strong and heavy on the alcohol.

Basically it was to mild to have any effect. It had no negative effect whatsoever but I didnt improve my combination (oily t-zone/forehead, the occasional spot around the chin and dryness along my jaw) skin either, I didnt notice it picking up any left over dirt either.

Its also a strange consistency which means you have to use more than you might with other toners.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 11:10:00 AM More reviews by cosmiccandy

This is the best toner on the market. Alcohol-free with a healthy dose of salicylic acid, it leaves your skin clean and soft. It soothes and heals irritations and blemishes, whisks away dead skin cells, and unclogs pores. Truly a miracle product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2007 1:46:00 AM More reviews by rocksee3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally bought the #2 Clarifying Lotion but it dried my skin out after one use, so I exchanged it for this. After reading about SAs trying to talk people out of buying this, I was expecting a similar thing to happen, but she exchanged the #2 for this with no hassle at all. Anyway, it hasn't dried my skin out and my skin feels smoother. I haven't had any flakes on my nose yet either, and that's usually where I see flakes. My t-zone gets oily but I think this has even helped tone the oiliness down.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2007 9:54:00 PM More reviews by seeulooking

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been "diagnosed" as a 2. My skin is had previously been dry and sensitive. Lately I've been experiencing mild acne. So I have normal skin now, with some acne and patches of eczema. I'd try to use the #2 lotion and my eczema would flare up, then would follow with hyperpigmentation of my eczema. My skin was not looking good. So there I was with crusty dark eczema patches and post acne marks on skin that was previously perfect. I finally decided to try this "lotion" with the soap and with the gel (it's still warm here, prob. will use the lotion in the winter). I've used this a week and my skin already feels smoother and is glowing. This doesnt make me oily like #2 would after stripping my skin. My only complaint about this is how they pretty much harass you about buying this at the counter (Are you sure you want mild?!?) I also hate how the representatives all figure because you have ethnic skin, you must be oily.