September 2, 2014 | 1787 users online

Toners - Kose - Medicated Sekkisei

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Paperandstory

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I already use this sekkisei lotion for 6 years, this toner really works on my skin. It brighten and always keep my skin moisture. It's quite pricey but it worth. I can use a bottle for a year..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 7:46:00 AM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let me de-mystify... "Medicated" labelled on all Japanese skincare means the ingredients have been proven "effective" for their claims by the Japanese health department. In other words, Job's tears and those Chinese herbs used in Sekkisei are effective for skin whitening, certified by the government.

I like how it feels on my skin, without leaving a sticky film like some other toners do. Whitening effect is definitely there, gentle and gradual. It helps to lighten my acne marks. I only use it as a treatment with Kose paper masks a few times weekly instead of a regular daily toner. As a toner, it's light and refreshing to be used in summer, but would be a bit de-hydrating for winter due to the alcohol. Alcohol isn't always a bad thing, too much is. Lots of Chinese herbs need to release, maximize and preserve their healing strengths through soaking in alcohol, my chinese herbalist uncle said. Maybe that's why...

This is the only Sekkisei product I use. Had tried the sunscreen and liked the thin and smoothing texture.

I stock up Sekkisei toner and SKII Facial Treatment Essence everytime when I visit Japan, not just because of the cheaper price, but also for different formulas between the local products and the export ones. It's well-known that Japanese keep the best stuff to themselves. LOL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG toner! I first bought this toner during a store closing sale at C.O. Bigelow. It was 75% off so I had to get it. I bought the big 360 ml bottle for just $16! My only regret now is that I should have bought more! This toner helps calm and improve the texture and clarity of my skin. It has no smell, does not sting or irritate my skin. I tried several other toners half through my first bottle and none of them worked the way this one did. Now I'm on my third bottle. It is quite expensive but I can always find deals for this online. I figure I'll save more money instead of having to try a bunch of other products that might not work as well as this has for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by mysticachai

Pros: This product works pretty well for me. I think it does make my skin brighter, without irritating my skin at all. I use it morning and night and my face looks more translucent over about 2 months. It doesn't have much fragrance and is very light. It's the only brightening product that seems to work.
Cons: Too expensive

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by saibu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this produced very dramatic effects for me. it hydrates so much that it plumped up the skin and made the pores smaller. i had beautiful glowy skin for the 1st 2 months but things started going downhill from there. my skin was thin and broke easily. i may pick it up again in future when my skin is less sensitive

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2008 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Missky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought Kose's Sekkisei mainly because of all the raves and the fact that it has been around for so long with a very strong legion of fans supporting it.

Firstly, I would say that it is not hard to understand why Sekkisei became so well-loved by the Japanese ladies. It is very hydrating, and the refreshing feeling of it on your cheeks is something to look forward every night when you apply it. I am also alright with its fragrance, even though I accidentally took quite a deep breath of it once (Sekkisei lotion mask) and felt slightly faint (!!!). Other than that, patting it on with a cotton pad does not give me any problems.

Secondly, it is able to brighten one's skin and even the skin tone. However, it takes more than one 200ml bottle to achieve this effect IMO. I felt like I achieved what I wanted from my second bottle. But once again, I am fair, so I might not be able to judge too well on this point.

Thirdly, it does not give a sticky, gooey finish. That is enough to make me adore it.

The reason why I did not give this product full marks was due to the fact that it was costly and the packaging was not as beautiful as I'd have liked a Japanese product to be. Sekkisei means something like 'Snow Skin Essence' in Japanese, and that makes me think of Majolica Majorca's Chapter 17 'Frozen Princess'. Maybe I am being too demanding of poor Kose! :D

Anyway, I would buy this product again, only IF I had the budget:):)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2006 5:08:00 PM More reviews by JDing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The product is a good cleansing toner but not a good moisturizing one. After using a 360ml bottle, I find my skin more bright and clear. It does make my skin look whiter, which is the product's main intention. I usually use it in summer and autumn to avoid my skin being sun-burned.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2004 11:13:00 AM More reviews by astral_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does nothing except help remove any remaining cleanser from my face after washing. It may be contributing to dryness on my face too. Spend your money on something else Kose sucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2004 6:08:00 AM More reviews by megalee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very expensive toner, but I just love the cool feeling when I pat this on my face. I don't actually see any effects when I used this as a toner. I also used this as mask twice a week. The lotion mask left my skin luminuous and really soft. Like what other reviewers said, this toner smells really bad, when I used it as a mask, the alcohol stings my eyes. But given the results of soft, luminuous skin, I don't mind the smell at all. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2004 11:04:00 AM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG-I combined it with the cream and my acne scars (a huge bunch of them at the side of my face) faded dramatically. By the way, these were not new scars, they had plagued my face for at least one year before that. I am totally amazed by this product! Just don't get it too near your eyes cos it stings due to the alcohol content. My dry face didn't get any worse with this..so I guess it can suit people with all skin types. My face is a lot clearer 1 month after I have used this.