October 22, 2014 | 2121 users online

Crème - MAC - Full Coverage Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by tiffloser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG founation. I have gone through hundreds of foundations and this one trumps them all! It was recommended to me by a local MUA, she told me she uses it for all of her photoshoots and the photographers love it because the shoot goes uninterrupted because they rarely have to retouch the makeup. I use a spatula to spoon out a small amount, put it onto a clean flat surface and use a beauty blender to buff it into my face. Can be low coverage if you use a small amount, and can be sheer if you apply a small amount with a damp sponge, but can also be extremely full coverage. You need to play around with it a bit to find out how much you need. Love it and will always buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This used to be my holy grail foundation. The coverage is nice, it isn't cakey at all(or it can be if you like). My skin is normal, doesn't get oily/dry and I never get spots. It is an emollient foundation and this is my issue, I live in Scotland and the air is cool so the foundation usually stays intact, but oh my god in summer when it's warm, this actually melts on your skin, it goes extremely wet, and the transfer it absolutely ridiculous. You can set it with a tub of powder as soon as there's slight heat it with melt, separate, go patchy and blotchy. I don't understand how this could be used on photoshoots or TV when stage lights pack immense heat, you'll look like an oil slick!! Very bizarre. Impossible to apply with fingers, go with a beauty blender and it clogs brushes and causes streaks.

Edit: I feel like I was unnaturally harsh in my last review!! Must have been in a bad mood.
Although it is true it doesn't work we'll in heat, this foundation is actually very HD, it is one of the most undetectable foundations in the skin, it isn't drying so it doesn't accentuate fine lines and actually diminishes the look of pores, you cannot argue with the coverage, powder+setting spray over this foundation work so well. I have actually repurchased this foundation after buying other full coverage high end foundations and have come straight back to this. It does transfer and fade, and after a 6 hour day it does settle in places and cake around my nose. Therefore 4 lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Deansdaughter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy Cow! This is my HG foundation. I just turned 40 and about a year ago really amped up my skin care regime. I'm a EL girl from way back so I turn to them to get my naked skin as good as it can get, and it's done a lot, but I still have unsightly cystic acne scars that are slightly more red then my skin tone. After a trip to the stylist, I caught sight of myself with in the mirror with harsh lighting. Even though I was wearing a Lise Watier Foundation and have few wrinkles or even fine lines, I felt the acne scars really made my skin look uneven and older. So I went on the hunt for a new foundation and thank you MUA posters because this is most definitely the one I've been looking for all my life! I used a wet sponge all over and built the coverage under my eyes and problem areas with a flat concealer brush. Fan-freaking-tastic results! And the price is right - less then EL and Lise Watier which I've been using for awhile. I ordered it on line because I have a new baby, but for you Toronto girls out there, you can get it at the Queen Street store.

PS I just looked back at my reviews from years past and I have to say this is superior to the Clinique compact creme I used a couple of years ago, because you need so little and it lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read a review on this once saying this foundation was a big pot of mac studio finish concealer. So I though I would make a deal buying this big version of my favourite concealer. However, this is not the same, it is not as opaque as studio finish concealer. But I really appreciate this formula. I first wet my brush with Fix+ and apply a little amount all over. It can be applied sheer converage. I do enjoy it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by briii

I went into the MAC Pro store to add some eyeshadows to my Pro palette and the MA brought my attention to this foundation. I immediately was turned off by the name, I like sheer to medium coverage foundations but she convinced me to let her try it on. She sheered it out with a damp sponge and I fell in love! I've been wearing it now for almost 3 months and still love it as much as I did. It has a generous amount of product (28g) and it lasts forever because a little goes a long way. To apply it I damp my beauty blender and apply with that. It goes on like a dream when you sheer it out and lasts all day for me. Absolutely love this foundation! Definitely recommend <3

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by yudaliz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great as a spot concealer, it will cover it amazingly well and make it invisible like its not even there but as a full face foundation would never use it, this product is way too heavy and hard to blend it drags when u blend with ur fingers, it leaves marks if u use a sponge or streaks if u use a brush theres no way around it and i dont even have dry skin but yes definitely spot concealer under my bb cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

By far, the best full coverage foundation! I adore this product, and I wish I tried it sooner. I have an array of full coverage foundations, but they where all liquids & I felt that they simply didn't blend good enough, or the colour match was a bit off. I also had to mix a few foundations to get the desired coverage, shade & look I wanted- it was simply getting to bothersome. I was thrilled when MAC started carrying Pro Products on the regular site, as my local MAC Pro store is a 2 hour drive. I ordered this right away & fell in love. I simply put a few dabs of this on my face, blend with my Real Techniques Face brush or my hands & get wonderful, flawless coverage. All I do after is put a little Studio Finish Concealer here and there, and a lighter concealer to highlight under my eyes and I'm set. I also don't agree that this product is pretty much the Studio Finish Concealer in larger packaging. I have tried putting the SF concealer all over my face & it looks extremely heavy & cakey- the Full Coverage foundation glides on, and melts into your skin. There is another plus about this product, it looks very natural :) it looks heavier once set with powder, but by itself it literally looks like skin- so if you have normal skin & can get away without a setting powder, this product would be great for you. Its long lasting, and a little goes a long way as well- I also suggest using a damp beauty blender (or even one of those imitation one's) for a very natural coverage. I'm over the moon with this foundation!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

I've been curious about this foundation for quite a while now but it took Wayne Goss (makeup artist) to push me over the edge, and I'm quite glad he did. I really like how even my skin looks with this, when set with a neutral translucent powder. My skin is normal/combo and seems to tolerate it surprisingly well. It does need a little re-powdering half way through the day (depending on how warm or humid it gets). At first I was at a bit of a loss as to how to apply this. It's quite hard to the touch and not very smooth and creamy, so I'll either use a damp beauty blender type sponge (I use the MAC one) or I'll use a foundation brush first and then blend with the damp sponge, which really helps with the finish. If you're not enthused about the finish with a brush, DO try it with a sponge. It's also rather weird, given all the laments about MAC foundations breaking people out, that this does not exacerbate a minor rash that I've had for years on either side of my nose. In fact, the rash seems to shrink or almost disappear when I wear this. Strange, but I won't complain. I'm still experimenting a little with this but so far it's definitely a keeper for me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by ellesbelles79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am compelled to write a review about this product.
I also saw it reviewed by Wayne Goss on YouTube (he's a genius), and as I value his advice (he's generally right), I bought several pale shades from my local pro store. Since that day haven't used ANY other of the TENS of foundations I own (including many airbrush), it's proved to be that good..
Applied with a good damp sponge (beauty blender or MAC All blending) it glides on evenly and not at all heavily (and quickly) with a beautiful HD finish. My skin doesn't take most foundations well around the mouth, nose or chin, they so often look fake and don't 'sit' nicely. This stuff is effortless in all those areas. Not only that, I haven't used ANY concealer at all since using it. I am really quite pale and my under eye and eye lid areas need quite a bit of coverage to stop my veins showing through - not any more! A quick swipe of this stuff and blend with sponge and it's sorted. It needs very few touch ups throughout the day - and in summer I don't wear any powder. Superb at covering red discolouration on chin. I have a tendency towards dryness (especially on upper lip) but I find this adds lots of moisture and my skin has never behaved so well in that department.
Not to mention the fantastic value, particularly when purchased with the pro discount. I didn't like the results when using a foundation brush, so I can only suggest everyone PLEASE tries the damp sponge method. You won't go back. Best foundation I've ever bought.

17 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by stillhot

I think that the reason this product has a relatively low rating is that it is commonly used incorrectly. The makeup itself gives great coverage, is long lasting and comes in a wide array of colors. The problem, I believe, is that many use it as a typical foundation which it is not. It's main purpose is for photography (hence found in the pro-only stores).

I use it often as a concealer or to lighten up areas of the face that I intend to highlight. When I am using it as a foundation, I never use just one color. I usually use two or three to give the face dimension. Depending on the skin type, I will often mix the foundation with a bit of moisturizer or primer. That takes care of the dryness that some complained about. It works well as a light base under sb airbrush foundation.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No