October 1, 2014 | 1177 users online

Scrubs - Sugar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I found the cheapest scrub ever...oh yeahh!! Why didn't I do this before...mixed 1 teaspoon sugar to my Algenist cleanser and scrubbed away the all the gunk that's been accumulating on my skin forever. The end result was smooth skin. I am soo happy with results!
Next time I am planning to experiment this with some honey, milk, avocado oil..the possibilities are endless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Just like strawberrymelons below said, olive oil, honey, and sugar. It is exactly what I use, and am so happy with it. I mixed the ingredients in an old Burt's Bees glass cream jar, and it looks so simple and pretty in the cabinet, but that's beside the point. I do think that it's a nice feeling to make your own little scrub for so cheap and also reuse a pretty makeup jar.
Because this scrub is fairly rough for my face, I usually only use it to exfoliate lips, but do exfoliate nose sometimes. It can be used on the body as well, of course, but I haven't made a batch. Sugar in a scrub works a lot better for me than salt, because salt melts a lot faster and also gives redness, while sugar gives no redness and doesn't melt as quickly, which helps. Skin is always left so smooth. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by strawberrymelons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Olive oil, honey and sugar is the best thing that has ever happened to my skin.

My skin can get pretty dry during the winter months and no matter what moisturizer I use, the dryness is accentuated by foundation on my nose and forehead (where I don't even put foundation on anymore because of that). I have to admit, I was never the one to make DIY's because I'm lazy and would rather buy something that already comes in a bottle and smells good. BUT one day, when nothing seemed to solve the problem, I decided to make this and OMG my skin feels like a baby's bum and when I apply foundation on in the morning it goes on smoothly without accentuating any dryness. Not to mention it's cheap and you don't even have to go out to buy any of it because you most definitely and probably have it sitting in your house somewhere, right now, as you're reading this :).

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by lallen08

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use for body and mani/pedi scrubs, mixed with body wash or oil. For mani/pedi I mix equal parts sugar, table salt, and whatever oil I feel like using. I think it's too harsh for the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by TIAMARIACAT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using sugar as a face scrub since I was a kid. Works great ! It's an old models trick. I mix it with my cleanser, no need to get fancy. Use the remainder on your hands, chest, arms & anywhere else before rinsing off. Sugar has natural compounds that disolve the binders of dead skin cells .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

What can I say that all the other glowing reviews haven't? Sugar is an excellent exfoliator, with added benefits such as being natural and tasting great! I add sugar to sesame oil and use it as a face polish...it gets rid of all the dead skin cells and makes my skin glow. Works just as well as the stuff you buy in stores but for a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by nakedmannequin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh sugar, how I love thee. You make my coffee sweet, my cookies delicious, my skin divine.

At any given moment on the edge of my bathtub is a sticky little bowl where my sugar was from my previous shower.

Basically I mix it into any body or face wash to turn it into a scrub. The great thing about white sugar is that you can't scrub too hard... because it will dissolve faster than you can irritate your skin with it.

My favorite thing to do is to drizzle olive oil into a cup of sugar... just until the sugar is saturated. Scrub all over in a steamy shower... absolutely fantastic.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by marchangels

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was saving up to buy a clarisonic microdermabrasion kit, but in the mean time, I saw all these great reviews on sugar scrubs. I thought what the heck, I'll try it. I expected it to break me out the next morning since I put a little EVOO in with it. But NO -nothing....just beautiful radiant smooth skin!!! Before I used this I had little bumps here and there not really acne though -but after using this they were all gone WOO-HOO!! I love my skin now and I'm not going to spend my $$ on clarisonic now! I use it every other day for my face and 2x's a week on my body -little bumpies on my back-GONE!! I also use a little baking soda (Arm and Hammer) on my face afterwards to help wash the excess oil off. Combination = Perfection! :-) Try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

I adore sugar! I love using it for a scrub on my face, lips and rough areas on my body like my knees and elbows. I honestly feel bad for each time I purchased St.Ives apricot scrub. I personally like taking some sugar, putting it in a tiny container and just adding a few drops of water- I make it into a paste. Another popular way is add EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) but I find that this leaves sort of a gross residue when using it on my face....I do like to add EVOO in my sugar if I'm using it on my body though- Anywho I find that using sugar as a face scrub really exfoliates dead skin away instantly and feels quite refreshing, & it does not leave your face feeling red or raw. I scrub my face every few days or if it feels dull. Seriously you have to try this if you want a great, cheap scrub! it will work great. I also love using this on my lips. I often get dry lips that peel and this buffs away the dead skin instantly and leaves me lips smooth for a few days. This is the best stuff!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, there is not much to add to the reviews below except that pure sugar scrub is fantastic! I usually just splash my face, wipe my hands from excess water and then grab about 1 tsp. of pure white sugar and slowly scrub. Once this turns into a serum-like consistency on my face, I leave it on for 10 minutes or so, as that's when the natural glycolic acids from the sugar work on your skin to exfoliate further. After about 10 minutes I wash my face and apply a moisturizer. I have a normal/combo skin and use it on my face every second day. The key here is to remember to use an "agent" that will eventually dissolve the crystals, because that's when the glycolic acid starts to work. For this reason, I use it just with a plain water. My skin looks just absolutely fantastic since I started using this!