August 20, 2014 | 2099 users online

Toners - DHC - Mild Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by butterflyashes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely love this toner. I never apply creams/lotions to my face (unless I'm taking off my makeup with Pond's/I have a rash on my upper lip from blowing my nose too much) but the toner I used during the summer wasn't helping me get through the winter. My mother, an avid DHC fan, gave me a 100mL bottle of this toner and I was instantly in love. I would apply generously once after showering and my face would stay moisturized until I washed my face the next morning. Definitely my go-to toner during the winter (it's too moisturizing for the summer though!).

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Sileny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

ETA: As I've become more familiar with ingredients, I realized just how overpriced this is! It's such a basic, basic lotion that the price-tag is such a slap in the face. Just like their olive oil, which is nothing more than the same stuff used for cooking. There is no cosmetic grade for it, but I digress. Save your money, please.

It's a mild and very moisturizing toner. Right now it's too much for my oily and acne-prone skin, but I'll be saving my travel size bottle for the winter when my skin is drier. If you use too much of the product, it leaves a filmy residue that just sits on the skin, so a little goes a long way. While this toner didn't make my acne worse, it didn't help it either. Overall, I recommend this toner for those concerned about moisturizing their skin. But for those with actual oily skin (I don't mean a little oil on the t-zone - it's normal for skin to produce oil), I would steer clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by deborahmh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for years now. It is tacky but it works very well on my skin. I usually use it just at night and I use it mostly when the weather turns cold and dry. My skin does not tolerate very many toners so when I find one it likes then its a keeper. This toner has minimal ingredients for those with sensitive skin. I highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by tabloach

Don't know why it comes in a breakable glass bottle? Overall, the texture feels like you're just tapping water on your face. It's very mild, doesn't cause my skin to break-out. I use it right before I put my day lotion w/ SPF on. Good product but expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by damblues

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in the Olive Essentials Set and I really like it. I do not like the glass bottle though and wish it were packaged in something else. I splash a bit on and it hydrates without stinging or making my skin red. I have normal skin and get a little bit oily on the nose, chin and forehead but this does not make me oily. It feels really good. I will continue to use it because it feels good and I do the 4 step system. My skin feels so much better afterwards. I do not get the "reds" anymore. I would like the packaging to be in a plastic container or a bottle where the lid stays closed well!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2006 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Lilo1013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this in the DHC olive 4 step set so i cant quite complain about the price. This is a basic toner that pretty much just hydrates. Its refreshing during the summer and i use it since it is part of the four step system but overall, its just a basic toner. I have no complaints about it since it forms no bad reaction on my face. I find that it works best when poured into a small spray bottle so i dont have to do deal with cotton balls or spills (i tend to spill alot with this glass bottle! dunno why!) its a perfect toner before i slap on the olive oil! lol. Oh yeah, i checked 'yes' for buying this product this again but only if i were to purchase the whole set. I dont think its worth the $$ individually.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2006 12:46:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When it comes to toners, I'm in the "what's the point?" camp. This came in my olive oil travel set so I've been using it every day, twice a day after cleansing. The good news is it's unscented and doesn't irritate or dry out my skin (as many toners do). Since the DHC cleansers do such a good job, it doesn't remove residue either... there's no residue to remove! If you're a toner user, then I think this is probably a really gentle one but this isn't exactly converting me to the cause.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2006 8:01:00 PM More reviews by sayo_813

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is so moisturizing! its great. i feel like its actually doing something unlike anything else i used. the basic DHC set is perfect!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2004 12:28:00 AM More reviews by baksino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this toner! the ingredients are so simple, probably the most basic toner i've ever used...other toners i used have a long listing of ingredients. i'm a fan of cucumber for it's healing and moisturizing properties. this toner leave my skin feeling so silky. skin look soft, refresh, and complexion toned. that's what i want my toner to do for me. toner is a must in my skincare even though it's an extra step, i find that my moisturizer will work much better if i use a toner along with it. no fancy ingredients, simply a wonderful basic soothing toner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2004 7:12:00 AM More reviews by jd-jd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Some people say toners are a waste of time, but I don't have a chlorine removing filter on my sink tap and the toner removes the rest of the soap film or facial wash film rather well. It isn't astringent--Japanese toners tend to moisturize the skin and relax it rather than tighten it up. I prefer the Mild formula to the Olive Leaf. The large bottle holds plenty of toner and it's an attractive bottle, simple but frosted and very pretty on the counter. I use it every time I wash my face, along with the Silky Cotton pads which got pricey but don't spread fibers on your face.