October 1, 2014 | 875 users online

Scrubs - Mary Kay - Micro-dermabrasion

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2009 8:57:00 AM More reviews by thandiepixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think i just found my HG facial scrub!
Thanks MUA. Would never have discovered this otherwise.
My skin has been dull for a while. Got St Ives apricot scrub (gentle), which turned out to be a waste of money as the granules were too big to be effective. Left my skin pretty much the same. Then saw all the good reviews for MK microdermabrasion and decide to try it out.
Have never been a fan of MK but got this and OMG! i have the softest smoothest skin ever. A bit pricey though but my skin hasn't felt this way for years.
I'm going to be cautious about this and use, maybe twice a month, cos it really takes off dead skin cells and i don't want to be exfoliating so regularly.
Will re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by heatheryazbek

This is an excellent choice when looking for a microdermabrasion set. It is extremely gentle on your skin and leaves visible results in just one use. For $55, it may seem like a small amount, but a pea size dab is all you need, anymore is a waste. The pump on the step 2 makes it easy to distribute jusy a little as well. I have heard that some people don't use this step, but it is essential as your skin is sensitive after step one and this helps protect it. I apply step 2, and my moisturizer straight out of the shower when my skin is still wet. This makes it easier to distribute and 1 pump, maybe 2 will be plenty :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2008 11:31:00 AM More reviews by booksfromlisa

I've tried a lot of different scrubs and this one is the best. It is just the right amount of "graininess" and it doesn't scratch my face. I don't regularly buy the Step 2 lotion to use after the scrub, but have used it before. I'm perfectly happy using just the scrub and then my moisturizer. I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2007 8:51:00 AM More reviews by monicaphil

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use the microdermabrasion step 1:refine 2 to 3 times a week. My skin glows and my pores seem smaller. It's great for my mature, dry skin. It really gets off the old dead skin and leaves my face younger looking. I don't use the step 2, because I don't think I need it. My skin is resistant and it doesn't need the calming of step 2. I'll definately keep this on hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2007 2:35:00 AM More reviews by kamiller28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite Mary Kay product by far. I love how my skin feels after I use these products together. My skin looks great and feels refreshed (not to mention smooth!). I only use the set 1-2 times a week max and I don't scrub as hard or as long as recommended. But I do think that I get a sort of glow afterwards, and I advise layering on some extra light moisturizer after the serum so your skin doesn't dry out. This is my first microdermabrasion set and I will repurchase again off Ebay. I got my set half price on Ebay including shipping, and I never pay the full price from Mary Kay.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2007 12:45:00 PM More reviews by idahogrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first microdermabrasion product I've used, so I don't have a good comparison, but I really like the consistency of the first step (refine?) - it's exfoliating, but not too harsh. Then my skin just seems to drink in the replenish step (2). My pores are smaller and my skin looks healthier since I've been using it (1 1/2 months?)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2006 10:05:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. This is the best thing for clearing my skin and making it smooth. I only use step 1, though. I use the Clinique 3-step for my skin care, and after washing my face, I use this and rub it gently for a minute or two. Its really fine and doesnt hurt or irritate my skin at all, and I have very sensitive skin that turns red and blotchy easily. Recently I broke out very badly from using Laura Mercier's "Flawless Skin" line. (flawless? ha!) So I began using my good ol clinique again, and trying to be patient waiting for my skin to clear. Well, using this Microdermabrasion really speeds along the healing process without hurting existing blemishes. This little tube is totally worth the $30 it retails for, but you can find it cheaper on ebay. This is my HG scrub, hands down. And I love love love that there are no nasty chemicals in it, and also no AHAs or BHAs (my skin is sensitive to those too). Go buy this now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 8:27:00 AM More reviews by jd-jd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very fine scrub with a deep moisturizer. The scrub is gentle but effective. I have older skin and as you might know, your skin gets thicker in some ways and more dry as you age. Removing the top layer of dead cells from the epidermis makes your skin look brighter and feel smoother. This scrub really works. You only need a pea-sized blob on wet skin. I notice that my foundation goes on smoothly afterwards and my skin looks healthy and smooth. It's a bit pricey, but well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2006 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Hexena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After using this product the first time, I noticed dramatic difference in the texture of my skin. It does refine the pores and really makes your skin look fabulous!! It should only be used twice a week. Its a miracle for me. I really havent seen my skin ever look this nice and even.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2005 2:52:00 PM More reviews by sabby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this for free from my mother in law who sells MK. I'm always looking for new skincare stuff and I love scrubs. This stuff is pretty good. My skin feels so soft after I use this. I would recommend but I'm not sure about the price. It's pretty expensive. We'll see...