St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

My doctor recommended this for my back acne and it worked like a dream! In the shower (warm not hot) I would get a brush and squirt some of the product on and scrub away. It didn't hurt so much scrubbing my back but when it came time to wash it off MY GOD DID IT BURN! But I kept at it and in just three weeks my back was as smooth as a babies behind! Would recommend for back acne 100%

on 4/27/2015 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

WARNING TO THOSE WITH EXISTING CYSTIC AND SWELLING ACNE: I recommend to use this as a mask rather than rubbing this as a scrub. Five years ago, I was a victim of the drastic acne problem that i've almost tried every kind of treatment for my acne. I tried a lot of products and spent much on facial clinics and dermas. {Though, for the benefit of you guys, treating your acne medically with the aid of a good dermatologist is the best solution, but you need to really search for a reliable one that is price-wise and not those clinics that will just leave you penniless and still crying out loud for the unsolved acne disaster!}
On my desperation, i opt for some drugstore/department store products thinking that these might help.
Honestly, I am not a big fan of drugstore skincare products for at some reasons, i hate it when it's too commercialized. But i gave this scrub a try.
Because it is too grainy, I massaged this gently on damp face and left it for about 5mins before rinsing. After the 1st use, i felt my skin was so smooth and refreshed and my pores were smaller. It's great before applying your anti-ace products for it makes your skin raw thus making your serums and essences more effective.
Now, it's been 5 years of acne-free, scar-free and blemish-free face. I use this at night before applying my hanskin snail essence and kiehl's midnight recovery concentrate.
TIPS:
As your skin is cleared from acne/pimples, continue using this as part of your night time regimen.
CLEANSER AND RINSE> THIS SCRUB>LEAVE FOR 5MINS>USE FACIAL SPONGE FOR FURTHER EXFOLIATING WHILE THE SCRUB IS STILL IN FACE AND RINSE(if you were on a heavy make-up during the day or having a stressed face during the day)>MILD FACIAL FOAM(i suggest cucumber facial foams that will soothe your skin after exfoliation)and of course, RINSE>TONER>FACIAL MASK(use on lazy weekends)>ESSENCE> CONCENTRATE/SERUM>SNAIL CREAM
For me this is the reason why my skincare products are working so much for me because it really exfoliates my skin, gets rid of blackheads/whiteheads, makes my skin so smooth (though raw), and really primes my skin for my regimen.
Plus, I always have this glow of having that dewy or polished face.
It's a cheap way to have diamond peel/microdermabrasion feel on skin but all natural.
If you have some existing pimples or breakouts, use this as a mask on those affected area. Put the scrub on dry face esp on pimples and leave it as a mask for 15 mins and rinse. You might feel it will dry up but it's ok, it's the real purpose of it for the pimple to clear out, right?:)

on 3/13/2015 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

This is a great exfoliating scrub, but it is NOT a facewash. You have to remove all your makeup with something else as this only exfoliates, but it does that well.

on 8/13/2014 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a true classic! I have tried a lot of different scrubs but I always seem to come back to this facial scrub. I remember using this when I was a teenager and still to this day I LOVE it. Makes my skin so soft and clean and the smell is wonderful and refreshing.

This scrub is incredibly soft and light. It is not scratchy or uncomfortable when rubbing in and is very easy to clean off when done. I have had a bad experience with various facial scubs in the past where they have left my face stinging afterwards, this scrub however made my skin feel fresh and clean. Why my face was totally dry after use, the skin was super soft and had a refreshing glow to it. I highly recommend this product.

on 1/8/2014 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I didn't get to Finnish my last review but like I was saying IM IN LOVE it's the best if you are having random break outs and ur usual stuff is not working try this

on 11/27/2013 3:32:00 PM

This is a pretty good product! I'm 16 years old and my skin is not too bad, I just have a few blackheads on my nose and pimples on my forehead from time to time. I use this scrub whenever I feel like it and I'm always pleased with the results! It leaves my face SUPER soft and I also really like the packaging. Some cons are that the beads are kind of tricky to wash off especially on the sides of your face. Also it doesn't do much for blackheads which I'm pretty dissapointed but it's a really good scrub!

on 11/23/2013 2:11:00 PM

People who are saying that this is horrible for your skin, should be saying this about all exfoliants then. I think many know that exfoliating too much is bad, and that scrubbing your face down very harshly will of course be bad. However, with any exfoliant, depending on how fine or coarse the exfoliating beads are, you have to decide whether to be rough or gentle. If you're scrubbing extremely hard with this product everyday, of course you're going to have some bad results. Many know that you are not supposed to exfoliate every single day, as this will strip your skin of moisture, and can make your skin weaker to UV rays. Over exfoliating is of course bad for your skin, but using this scrub once or twice a week and being gentle will not destroy your face. I first bought this product when I first started actually taking care of my skin (About when I was 13) and I have used it ever since and this is what really cleans my skin and stops breakouts for me. I have used it ever since and I have tried other skin care, but I've always came back to this. The product is creamy and thick, and has A LOT of little apricot exfoliants in it. People say that it's too harsh for your skin, but that's because it's a physical exfoliant, so it'll only be harsh if you put a lot of pressure and force while exfoliating. You just need to be very gentle, and it is also a great body scrub if you don't like it for your face. It smells okay, and I always use it after steaming my face, or a hot shower (To losen up any dirt and oil) especially around my nose and I just scrub in circular motions and no blackheads! I think the packaging is alright, but it could be better since you're always left with a lot of product stuck in the crevices of the tube when you're about to run out. I live in Canada, so I can buy it at Shoppers' Drug Mart for $4.99 or Superstore for $3.50. It really makes your skin feel very smooth and soft (I always follow up with a moisturizer) and I use this 4-5 times a week (Mostly for around my nose, or even as a mask to really let the salicylic acid work) and I use the St. Ive's green tea scrub in between since it's gentler. Because of this, I rarely ever get pimples, and if you guys do try it, but don't like it, just use it as a body scrub. :)

This is the first exfoliator I've tried that I like. I use it every other day, and then use my cetaphil cleanser & moisturizer, and I've noticed that since I've used it, I don't have nearly as much acne. I didn't like the smell at first but it grew on me and now I find myself smelling it until my nose burns when I use it. It makes my skin super soft and it feels so clean :) I repurchased it once, but I ended up buying the equate brand because Walmart had it on sale for like $1 and I was running short on cash, and so far it seems like it's the same, maybe a little bit lower quality. I'll probably stick with the st. Ives brand next time I buy it. Awesome product (:

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hey-ooooo!! Love this scrub; i cannot picture my life (read: face) without it! It does the job without breaking the bank! The scrub is rough but not too rough; the scent is pleasant; the slight salicylic acid is fab! I love this face (and body!) scrub sooo much. Try it & you will fall in love with your smooth, fresh face!