St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

I first bought this product because it was cheap and I was in need of an exfoliator. I used up about 3/4 of it before I read online that it was wayyyyy to rough. That's something I like in a scrub and I did feel like my face was cleaner after, but it was said to be TOO abrasive and that in the long run it was damaging, so I stopped using it on my face and used it on my body instead just to finish it and not waste it. Wouldn't repurchase again because even though it was dirt cheap, it's not worth damaging my skin for. (By the way, I only used it once or twice a week)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Smells divine and great packaging, but it felt very rough on my skin and I think it gave me more little bumps than it removed. I gave up after a few uses :(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this stuff, it really helps with my oily nose, and it's completely cleared up the jawline zits that have been hanging around since forever. One thing, though. One layer doesn't do it for me. I do one thinner layer to kind of rub around, and get the dead skin off. The second is a thicker layer, I let it kind of sit there for a few minutes before washing it off. That does way better than just one layer.

I use this every day in the morning. No breakouts, just clear skin. I once went on a trip to Asia and got zits and whiteheads for living under the sun for too long, then got back home and used this product -- my zits went away in less than three days.

I use this for my face so I wont break out and it works!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

My doctor recommended this for my back acne and it worked like a dream! In the shower (warm not hot) I would get a brush and squirt some of the product on and scrub away. It didn't hurt so much scrubbing my back but when it came time to wash it off MY GOD DID IT BURN! But I kept at it and in just three weeks my back was as smooth as a babies behind! Would recommend for back acne 100%

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

WARNING TO THOSE WITH EXISTING CYSTIC AND SWELLING ACNE: I recommend to use this as a mask rather than rubbing this as a scrub. Five years ago, I was a victim of the drastic acne problem that i've almost tried every kind of treatment for my acne. I tried a lot of products and spent much on facial clinics and dermas. {Though, for the benefit of you guys, treating your acne medically with the aid of a good dermatologist is the best solution, but you need to really search for a reliable one that is price-wise and not those clinics that will just leave you penniless and still crying out loud for the unsolved acne disaster!}
On my desperation, i opt for some drugstore/department store products thinking that these might help.
Honestly, I am not a big fan of drugstore skincare products for at some reasons, i hate it when it's too commercialized. But i gave this scrub a try.
Because it is too grainy, I massaged this gently on damp face and left it for about 5mins before rinsing. After the 1st use, i felt my skin was so smooth and refreshed and my pores were smaller. It's great before applying your anti-ace products for it makes your skin raw thus making your serums and essences more effective.
Now, it's been 5 years of acne-free, scar-free and blemish-free face. I use this at night before applying my hanskin snail essence and kiehl's midnight recovery concentrate.
TIPS:
As your skin is cleared from acne/pimples, continue using this as part of your night time regimen.
CLEANSER AND RINSE> THIS SCRUB>LEAVE FOR 5MINS>USE FACIAL SPONGE FOR FURTHER EXFOLIATING WHILE THE SCRUB IS STILL IN FACE AND RINSE(if you were on a heavy make-up during the day or having a stressed face during the day)>MILD FACIAL FOAM(i suggest cucumber facial foams that will soothe your skin after exfoliation)and of course, RINSE>TONER>FACIAL MASK(use on lazy weekends)>ESSENCE> CONCENTRATE/SERUM>SNAIL CREAM
For me this is the reason why my skincare products are working so much for me because it really exfoliates my skin, gets rid of blackheads/whiteheads, makes my skin so smooth (though raw), and really primes my skin for my regimen.
Plus, I always have this glow of having that dewy or polished face.
It's a cheap way to have diamond peel/microdermabrasion feel on skin but all natural.
If you have some existing pimples or breakouts, use this as a mask on those affected area. Put the scrub on dry face esp on pimples and leave it as a mask for 15 mins and rinse. You might feel it will dry up but it's ok, it's the real purpose of it for the pimple to clear out, right?:)

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

This is a great exfoliating scrub, but it is NOT a facewash. You have to remove all your makeup with something else as this only exfoliates, but it does that well.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a true classic! I have tried a lot of different scrubs but I always seem to come back to this facial scrub. I remember using this when I was a teenager and still to this day I LOVE it. Makes my skin so soft and clean and the smell is wonderful and refreshing.

Love this stuff.
What else out there will help you scrub off the shame and regret from the night prior yet still leave your skin smooth and not dried out?!?
Its awesome for every thing. I use it for my face and a full body exfoliant. Hells yeah!! This stuff is well worth the $3.00