November 29, 2014 | 1016 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Tarte - Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer (Smooth Operator)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by mysticachai

I bought this after reading all the good reviews. I have this in my travel bag, so I don't use it that often. After 6 months, the product oxidized and changed color, making my face dark and dull. I also noticed that this product is full of little yellow sparkles so this makes my face a little yellow and bronzed. it is not an extraordinary extradinary even when I first bought it and the color was ok. Neutrogena skin enhancer lasted longer, looked better and was loads cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by lexfauxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

PROS
+ looks very natural
+ gives a nice amount of coverage, not enough to really cover any pimples but evens you out and makes you look nice and healthy
+ does not oxidize
+ nice and light and creamy texture
+ does not get oily throughout the day
+ nice matte natural finish

CONS
- transfers easily, if i put my face on anything white, theres an orange streak from my face on it -.-
- sparkly. WHY??? Why ruin such a beautiful product :(

Now, the reason i will not be repurchasing: the first week i used this i noticed a had gotten a few hives on my face and neck but decided to ignore my skins warning. Then the breakouts started:( i have so many new pimples on my forehead and nose- which are places i NEVER break out:( I am so disappointed because this really is a great product. It just didn't work for me.
Regardless, i would still recommend trying this because it really is amazing, it just didnt work for my skin, i guess my skin didn't agree with something in this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Alexandrad1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the coverage, and the smell and it doesn't make me greasy throughout the day!! Yay! It's a little on the pricey side with being $47 here in Canada but a little goes a long way so I say it's worth it! I've tried other tinted moisturizers like the sephora brand but they don't do this stuff justice. I loooooove it! Gold star :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by xvivifyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely adore this product!
It gives a nice coverage but stills lets my skin breathe. Wearing a concealer underneath is a good idea since the coverage is fairly light, but it evens out my skin very well. I wish the price was a tad lower, but it is certainly worth the price tag. My skin feels so much better since I started wearing this, I've sworn off foundation completely.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Jackie7354

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this product years ago when it was in the purple bottle and found it extremely disappointing. They must have revamped the whole product because boy howdy do I love it now. The consistency is a dream; creamy, but not greasy and easy to blend. The coverage is light but you can definitely build it up. I have very fair skin with neutral undertones (NARS Siberia) and wear Agent 02. It matches me perfectly. This product is also good for you! No parabens or icky chemicals. I will buy this again.

Edit: According to Tarte's website, this product is now called "Amazonian clay BB tinted moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 sunscreen." The description states; A light-to-medium coverage, oil-free tinted moisturizer that delivers a natural, sheer finish to revitalize all skin types while the SPF 20 protects your skin against the sun's harmful rays. While it works with all skin types, this oil-free tinted moisturizer is ideal for tartelettes with normal to combination skin.

*please note that not all shades are available in new packaging, but formula is the same.

Luckily, Agent 02 has made the cut! I highly recommend you check the website to see if your shade is still available.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by austenraelene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So far I am quite impressed with this TM. It is actually more of a light coverage foundation that a TM, not quite as sheer as a lot of the other TMs out on the market. I find when I have it on my skin looks really even. It doesn't look like makeup which I appreciate. For anyone who is looking for a light foundation to just even things out this is a really good one. I found this didn't make me oily either (so far, we'll see how it fares as summer progresses).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm totally digging Tarte lately, this TM ($36/1.7oz) is no exception. I use Agent 02 (formerly Facade) for my NC15/20 skin (other shades I use - BB Skin in Warm Ivory, BB Natural Finish in Sand [NF runs light], Chanel VA in B10, MUFE HD 117) and it's a great match. It looks a hint too light during application, but this TM *definitely* dries down at least a half shade darker. So keep that in mind when you are swatching shades. I also tried Agent 04 (way too dark, more for true NC20s and NC25s) and Agent 00. Agent 00 is weird, since it's supposed to be lighter and more pink than 02, but when I put it on it dried SO dark on me. So if you are in the pale range, I'd say get samples of both 00 and 02 to see which would fit you best. Lots of people love TM in the summer, but I much prefer it in fall/winter. In summer, I prefer something with a matte-ish finish to it because I tend to sweat off anything with too much slip. Also, my SPF is generally enough moisture for me in the summer. However, in the winter, my skin gets a bit drier and I need something extra. That's where this TM comes in! The coverage is decent for a TM, I'd say a hint more than BB's TM and a bit less than LM's TM. It has a great wear time, though I do set it with MAC MSFN (in Light Medium). The powder gives it a hint of extra coverage and makes it perfect for day to day. I love this and will definitely buy again!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by stargal33

Well, the only good thing about this is the coverage. One of the highest coverage TM around I think. But, people with dry skin beware! It's so difficult to spread!, u have to have a very good moisturizer under this so that it can blend properly. And regarding the sparkles that a lot of people are talking about, yes, it has a lot of sparkles! Although it is not noticeable unless u really look up close, I still don't like sparkles in my makeup. If u really want to try this, buy it a shade lighter that u would normally do, coz it oxidizes badly.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Lala87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this tinted moisturizer! Its light, offers coverage and has no added smells. I use it quite often, highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by haleyhaleyhal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this tinted moisturizer! It's one of the only one's I've found that doesn't contain parabens and doesn't contain any chemical sunscreens. I love that the ingredients are good for my skin. The coverage of this is actually really nice -- it's obviously not the same as a foundation but for me this is the perfect amount of coverage. It's really light and it doesn't feel like I have anything on. I like applying this with my fingers because I find that it blends in the best this way.