October 21, 2014 | 2072 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer in Light to Medium

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by DrTierraFierce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted a tinted mositurizer and a littler coverage so went to my local Rite aid and picked this up and I must say that I love this product, it gives me a made up look without having to wear foundation, has a litter coverage although I don't need any, it lasted all day, was dirt cheap, but most of all it has spf and fps spf 15 in it it's an overall good product I and I would def buy it again the only reason it doesnt get five is because I hate that dewy look when I sweat

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by tayrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only reason this product loses a lippy is because it is the suspect of my recent breakouts. I cannot tell for sure if this is the culprit or the monthly culprit. I REALLY hope that it's not the reason because I love this product. The squeeze tube makes for an easy application. The sheerness of the product does not cover blemishes but easily evens out the skin tone making it look like you're wearing no foundation at all. The SPF factor is always a plus, too. Summer must-have since it never seems to melt off when set with powder and never makes me oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by skychocolate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

-feels nice on your skin just like regular moisturizer
-little to no coverage
-not cakey at all
- tranfered
-not for ppl w/ acne prone skin like me

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by L7412

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

During highschool and a few years after, I used this everyday. And I love it. I thought it gave me a glowy, natural finish. This was when I had little exposure to makeup and most days just wore tinted moisturizer, lip balm, and concealer. Now I'm much more familiar with makeup products and techniques (all comes from working in a consulting office where wearing no makeup marks you as a lazy slob who doesn't take care of their appearances).

I found a tube of this in my cabinet and on a whim tried it on a weekend. I checked the expiration date, and it was still good for another 6 months. I tried wearing it for a day (as a homage to my younger, fresher, easy, breezy self maybe) and it was unbearable. Every time I checked in the mirror, I could see it turning more oily and more orange as it oxidized on my skin. I couldn't wait to get home so I could wash it off! I honestly think I would have been better off without using it at all and just in my bare skin.

So the problem is, why did I use to love it so much? My skin is pretty much the same, normal/dry, few blemishes (and even less now than when I was younger). I assume the product is the same. I can only guess that my new familiarity with better products means I now have less tolerance for mediocre products. And this is not to say I am a snob about "high-end" products, I say better products in terms of quality and not just its price-tag. Whatever its price, I think the CG Smoothers tinted moisturizer is just not all that great. Frankly if you are using this product, you probably have pretty nice skin anyway and don't need coverage. In that case, I sincerely think you're better off using a bit of sunscreen and leaving it at that.

I give it one lippie for getting me through my teens with the conviction that I was doing something for my skin/complexion. For old times' sake.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by StephanieTaverna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this tinted moisturizer using a loose powder over top of it. If you're looking for a really good coverage, you're better off just using a foundation (as you probably expected). I'm saying I'd purchase this again, but this was my first TM and I want to try other brands too. This is very easy to apply though and it doesn't smell at all! My face feels a bit sticky when I wear this but it's not horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 4:43:00 AM More reviews by nn21pika

Great simple, inexpensive tinted moisturizer. I forget the price, but I got it during a BOGO Free sale at Rite Aid. I was looking for a basic tinted moisturizer because I (luckily) have pretty decent skin (just lotsa freckles, hehe), so I wasn't looking for something with heavy coverage. I was also fairly new to makeup when I got this, so it worked out perfect that this is SO smooth and easy to blend. I wouldn't have known what to do if it was super thick and difficult to blend or whatever. Coverage is pretty sheer, but it evens out your skin tone. I really like the texture of this--as I said it's really smooth, but it's also not greasy feeling at all (like other moisturizers I've used), so it almost feels like a light foundation, and I even set it with the Cover Girl loose powder after I've applied this. I've been using this well over a year and have not broken out at all (I don't have sensitive skin, however.)

Overall, a great basic tinted moisturizer with a bonus SPF 15. I would definitely recommend and repurchase. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by mevans05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this tm. It is my HG. Unfortunately I can't but it in Nova Scotia Canada, so when my friends or family travel to Maine I get them to pick it up. It is amazing! It makes my skin look flawless when used along with some concealer and powder. A great, inexpensive tm.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by meliss27

i love this stuff. i don't wear or need foundation, but i always want something to even out my skintone and give me a dewy glowy look. this is it. I am totally with the reviewer below that mixes this with wet n wild's 183 TM! I have been using this stuff for about a year now. I typically mix it with a bit of my regular moisturizer before applying because i don't find it super moisturizing alone and its a little thicker on its own than i prefer. In the spring and summer months i use the medium to dark shade. I cant really speak for its coverage since i'm not using it for that purpose, but it evens out my skin tone beautifully. i used to use Laura Mercier's TM, but considering the astronomical price difference, this stuff is just as good for my purposes at a fraction if the price. will def repurchase over and over.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by 8024debbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent tinted moisturizer, especially for a drug store product. I kind of like this more than my more expensive Benefit tinted moisturizer. I recommend using your fingers when putting it on, just like a regular moisturizer, not a sponge. A dimed size amount is good. I combine this with my Bare Minerals powder and it looks great. Nice sheer cover.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by angelicme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A while back, I was looking for a drugstore tinted moisturizer...and I came upon this. Thought I would give it a try, and sooo glad I did! I don't have bad acne, acne scars, or redness, so this coverage is very light and sheer, which was perfect for me (considering I don't wear makeup, since I don't need it). But I wanted to try something that will even out my skin tone and gives my skin a nice glow, w/o being orangey or streaky. And this is the product! I would definitely purchase this product again!