October 25, 2014 | 1657 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by illaillanow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all- zits of all kinds suck. A few months ago, due to a bunch of stress and unforeseen circumstances and crappy sleeping patterns my skin started going through hell! I'm talking clogged pores all along my jaw line that would turn into enormous zits if I tried to extract them, cysts that wouldn't go away no matter what I did, and everything I MEAN EVERYTHING scarring to the point that I basically had a scar beard.

I tried almost every product out. Some would work, but not for very long or without completely turning my "healthy" skin to crap. Some were just complete wastes of money. After wreaking havok on my face with basically every single salicylate, glycolic and benzoyl peroxide product out there, I told myself no more. That I was going to try a natural, effective approach and if that did not work it was off to the dermatologist. After scouring the Internet for so long I came across a recipe for ACV toner and decided eff it. Why the hell not. I've tried everything. Now let me say- I've used this a couple of years ago but undiluted and it broke me out horribly but not this time! I made a 50/50 toner with some water and took the plunge. I did experience a tiny bit of purging that lasted about two weeks but even then, I noticed my scar-beard lightening... But after the purging my skin started looking soooo much better, smoother and brighter. I am so happy I tried this again and that it worked. A real wonder at a much cheaper price point than many other products that don't work half as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by RieRie29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Apple Cider Vinegar!! I use it in the summer diluted with water as a toner, it minimizes the number of breakouts I get. I also have tried it as a spot treatment, it works just as well as honey and cinnamon or tea tree oil! This stuff also works great for my hair. About once a month, I mix 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar with 1 cup water, and pour it over my damp hair, rinse, then shampoo and condition as normal. It works well to get rid of build up and make your hair shine. But be sure to rinse it out really well! The first time I used it I didn't rinse it out enough and it left my hair smelling awful! Get your hands on this stuff it works miracles!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a complete believer in this simple, inexpensive product. It is everything our elders have been telling us for years that it is. A multi-purpose wonder. I was dealing with a skin condition/rash on one of my lower legs that's lasted for several years. I'd been to numerous dermatologists, took numerous oral medications, applied numerous topical preparations (prescription and otherwise). I was diagnosed with different types of both psoriasis and eczema. Nothing worked for me. I took a chance one day a couple of months ago and started applying straight apple cider vinegar to the area with a cotton ball. My leg is now completely smooth and normal, with the exception of a few hyperpigmented spots I got over the years from the condition. Those will lighten and go away on their own. When all else fails, or if you just want to avoid drugs for your skin woes, give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by CatherineTramell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For 4 months I have had a patch on my left cheek that has consistantly had cystic acne. It started out stress related and I thought it would subside. But no...as soon as one of them starts fading and becomes less inflamed a new one pops ups. Im at my wits end. I have tried otc creams, prescription creams, every home remedy in the book. I DONT pick on it as you might think. To no avail. Then I stumbled across these reviews and figured I had nothing to loose. I already use ACV as a hair rinse with great results but I was afraid to put it on my face because it seemed harsh.

So I diluted it with water (50/50) and dabbed it on the area. I let it dry and then I put on my regular lotion. After one day the redness was visibly fading. After two days the bumps were less protruding. After three days the big stubborn one surfaced and I could finally pop it. I am very pleased!

I have also noticed that the skin around these pimples is tighter and more clear. When the situation is under control I will start experimenting with dabbing ACV on larger areas of the face.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 8:27:00 AM More reviews by tue45892

This stuff is AMAZING. I've been dabbing it (undiluted) on spots a few times a day and they have shrank SIGNIFICANTLY. It even takes the redness out of spots that are already scabbing over.

In addition, I've been mixing a few tablespoons with stevia-sweetened ginger ale. Not only does it help digestion, but my stomach is so flat now! I usually have a problem with bloating after I eat, but not when I consume this!

I bought a big bottle of Bragg's for $5 or so at Whole Foods. Best $5 I've ever spent.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by jessivee

As most reviewers agree, this stuff is amazing. Hair, skin, health, etc. I even mixed a diy cellulite cream for my mom and added a small amount of acv mixed in. I cannot give the acv all the credit, but my mom has seen a noticeable improvement! I mainly wanted to mention, most people cannot stand the smell! I don't think it smells good, but the smell does not bother me. Just FYI, ADD A FEW DROPS OF YOUR FAVORITE ESSENTIAL OIL, LAVENDER, ROSEMARY, ETC. TO MASK THE SMELL WHILE STILL GETTING THE BENEFITS! Lavender and rosemary for example are even beneficial to hair and skin. Just as with the acv, start with a small amount of essential oil. Too much can do harm! I hope this helps someone!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 5:59:00 AM More reviews by NiecyBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I never would have thought to use apple cider vinegar for anything other than making BBQ sauce. ACV helps restore the PH Balance of your skin and hair. Now its become a regular part of my skincare and haircare regimen!

For my skin, I've diluted this and used it as a toner. I used to have a problem with acne bumps that would really itch and burn. That's almost nonexistent now because of ACV. Just today I had 2 of those burning bumps pop up on my cheeks. I dipped a q-tip into straight ACV and now not only is the burning gone but so are the bumps. No commercial brand acne product has ever worked this fast.

As far as my hair, I've been using this as a rinse just like most people. I mixed equal parts of ACV with water and put it in a spray bottle. I spray it directly on my scalp, massage it in and saturate my hair with it and let it sit for 5 minutes. My 4a curls instantly pop! And what's better, this is the only thing that's been able to get rid of my dandruff. Before this I was using Head and Shoulders Green Apple Shampoo. I'm not saying that shampoo didn't work but it dried my hair out to no end and didn't cure my dandruff. The second I stopped using it, it would return. I've gone a month without doing ACV rinses and my dandruff never came back. I used to have big white flaky patches on my scalp. And lots of white flakes around my hairline, all of it gone!

Just another tip, I also used this to get rid of a raised mole I had on my arm. I just soaked a cotton ball in ACV and placed it on the mole and taped it down. Let it sit there for 8 hours while I was sleeping. The next day the mole was white in color. I repeated the process again for a few more days and the mole turned black and almost looked like it had a scab over it. Eventually it just came off. No harm, no foul!

Needless to say I'm going to keep using this! Its dirt cheap, last forever and its always nice to know exactly what you're applying to your face and hair.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by nekkun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So, I don't use this for my face because I'm happy with lemon juice (see my review) but this is an excellent hair remedy. Whenever my hair feels dry or "off" I like to use this as final rinse after using conditioner. Makes hair soft and shiny! I've also heard that it helps keep colour from fading; I just dyed my hair red with manic panic so we'll see if it helps "seal" the red in!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by leaves1121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using braggs mainly for my skin and acne. I only drink it because i don't want the nasty smell on my face LOL. but it's amazing, after a few months my acne cleared up pretty much 90%. sometimes i get lazy for days/weeks and i can notice the difference of my face's redness and somewhat uneven skintone. it's great, and i feel great!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by ThinMinti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar for about a year now as a toner and internally. Lately I have been rinsing my fine, brittle (shedding) hair with it after I wash. WOW! My hair feels thicker, stronger and looks hella-shiny! There is no fly aways and it does I what i want it to. Thank god because I was beginning to think my hair was a lost cause. I would like to get my boyfriend in to this more often as he is receding and I have an feeling that this may help his hair loss. I rinse once a week with ACV and I think this is sufficient. Using heat protectant spray and some leave in conditioner masks the smell.