MAC Up The Amp

Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.6

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Love, love, love this gorgeous lavender pink, it's like a kiss of spring. It goes on smooth and makes my lips feel fabulous. Wears well and gets me compliments all the time. Winner shade!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The nude lip is becoming uniformly dull and so many women look like plain janes with their faces free of an interesting makeup look. This colour is beautiful, I noticed I had much attention wearing this at the local shops amongst a bunch of nude "plain jane" facts! Do try this lipstick, it's just beauitfullllllllll

on 11/3/2014 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I am glad I purchased this lipstick. Didn't expect to love it so much but it really is so pretty on me. I think it is a colour that will fit most skin tones.

on 10/2/2014 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Too blue tone for my yellow skin tone... I suggest Granache from Bite if you want a flatering option for purplely tone.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This dark rose is bubble-gummy colour, great vanilla smell like more MAC ffregrences and cosmetics..... I still have a tube from early 2006, still didn't finsh it, I own over 100 lipsticks and lipglosses,a nd atleast 40% or more are from the MAC company. MLBB and gives a matte finish, I put ligh layers on, you can build this colour up, it has a shine and is moiturizing, I have colours similr to this not hard to find. It's not my HD an dit's not a limited edition. I can use a hint of pink when I' m in the mood, I will wear this for an evening out or to a party. It has warm cool undertones, I like cool undertones better, a mix of both is one of the best because it gives this pink-esqu lipstick a unique shiny-opaque finish. MAC does make great stuff lasts 8+ hours like most lipsticks do and should

on 12/18/2013 5:45:00 PM

I just bought this lipstick today from mac. I was looking for a good purple color and no matter where I looked, drugstores and all, I just couldn't find a good one. None of the colors were that perfect purple color. I did find Maybelline's color elixir however which is in the shade "vision in violet." It is slightly similar ones it starts to fade a little. But I wanted an actually lipstick that was a beautiful purple shade. I saw a lot of reviews on YouTube about this lipstick. So I figured that I would go to mac and purchase it, without even trying it on. BEST IDEA EVER. I'm SO glad I purchased this. The price is definitely worth it. It looks stunning with my Olive skin tone. I wasn't sure if I could pull it off, but its nice.
The money I spent on this lipstick was worth it. I was so sick of buying cheaper lipsticks because they don't usually work that great. But for 15 dollars, id say it was a great purchase. Mac makes some awesome lipsticks. I would definitely re-purchase this if I ever run out.
This formula is an Amplified Finish. It is very creamy and isn't drying at all on my lips. Which is definitely a plus. Awesome job Mac (: Definitely try out this lipstick if you love purple lips! You wont be disappointed!

on 10/4/2013 1:52:00 PM

UPDATE: On my skin NW20 skin, almost black hair, brown eyes, I am finding Berry Haute much easier to wear. Up the Amp is fun and cool, but I feel like it might sit on someone with blonde hair and light eyes better than it does me. It's not bad, but Berry Haute slips on easier and looks a bit more easy.

ORIGINAL POST: I agree with one of the previous reviewers here (faija I think). While this is similar to Revlon's Berry Haute, Up the Amp, well...it ups the amp. It is just more ooomph than Berry Haute and the texture, color and wear are just more intense, stronger, bolder (got to love that amplified creme finish). Berry Haute is like Up the Amps little sister...sweet and beautiful, but just not yet having the extra sex appeal, sophistication and pizazz as Up the Amp. I love Berry Haute, but it is a much more tame version of Up the Amp (and easier to wear). As for the color of Up the Amp, it is a purple toned shade with elements of berry and fuchsia. I am Nw20 with almost black hair (3n), brown eyes, and rosey lips.

PS - I am pretty sure this and Girl About Town are the two shades that Felicity on Arrow wore the first season. I loved the pop of color on her.

on 7/16/2013 7:22:00 AM

aaaaaaaaaa

on 5/29/2013 10:40:00 PM

I was skeptical on getting this color but decided to go for it considering all the positive reviews!! I loveeeeeeeeee it...looks amazing with no eye makeup and with a smokey eye...Buy it you wont regret it :)

on 4/22/2013 2:58:00 PM

Love this! I think this is a very versatile colour. Comes out a different colour on than the packet but its still nice! My friend uses this, I borrowed it and we cant believe how different it looks on both of us. It seems to go with different skin and hair tones. Loved it so much went out and got my own and I use it all the time! I find it changes any outfit and I can wear it in the daytime or for a night out if applied thicker.

Popular Lipsticks