December 18, 2014 | 1211 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by melissalovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked up this product at big lots and for the price I just couldn't say no. Normally $7.99 at CVS, I got it for just $2.00! I've definitely found that big lots carries a lot of drugstore makeup (maybelline, revlon, covergirl, etc.) at a cheaper price and I reccommend that you check it out if you have a store near you. So back to the lipstick - this is the perfect shade. I cannot tell you how long I've been looking for a pink color that wasnt too "barbie pink." It's ALMOST like a "my lips but better" color but it still has that hint of pink that makes it just come close. The formula of this lipstick is super creamy, keeping in mind that I use a lip balm or a lip butter underneath all of my lipsticks (to keep from creasing, drying or flaking up.) The only thing that I didn't really love about the product is one part of the packaging - which really isn't a big deal. When you open the lipstick it's in a black case but then it has a gold casing too. The gold casing is shiny and "mirror" like so fingerprints and any lipstick that gets on it just smears all over. I would've prefered more of a matte metal but hey, I payed $2.00 for the product. I really can't complain! To be honest, if I had to replace this product and pay $7.99 - I probably would. Check big lots first though! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I heard all the raves for this color and picked it up. Alas, I found it a disappointment. The texture of the l/s is dryer than most of the Revlon SL line and doesn't apply smoothly. The color is very "ladies who lunch" on me...a pretty cool-toned peachy pink that I would wear more often if the texture was better. I wonder of any dupes...At any rate, I wouldn't purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by ylingsbling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear this a lot, its a go to when I do blue shaded eyes. Rosy, creamy pink rose petal shade. My only Revlon shade and I would buy if I run out of it or lose it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Pattycakesquare

I recently purchased this lipstick in the colour 440 "Cherries in the Snow" a cult colour from Revlon that has been around since 1954 apparently. I bought it on a whim after seeing a video online without swatching it beforehand. Not knowing what I would end up with, it turned out to be one of the most GORGEOUS lipsticks I've tried. It is an intense raspberry pink with the slightest hint of purple that would make your teeth look pearly white. It goes on creamy and thick without drying out my lips or wearing off too quickly. It is so moisturising that the lipstick is just as effective as a lip balm. Plus, you get two for the price! The overseas shipping was also very speedy (I live in Germany). Colour pay off, longevity, comfort, fair price...What more could you want? I was very surprised how well Revlon as a drugstore brand can live up to high end products or even surpass them! It looks expensive on the lips though it's not. I am very satisfied with my purchase and I would definitely recommend this lipstick to anyone as I think it would suit any skin tone, may it be cool or warm. A true delight to wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by FaithLPS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wearable colour for day/night look also for an everyday look. Perfect for the year round. It gives nice finish, more to the matte side yet not over matte. The pink is a very natural pink nothing too loud or bright. Love how classy the packaging look. Last about 3 hours. SGD $17.90

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this color! I have pigmented lips and this just looks so pretty. I like this with Stila Kitten lipgloss on top, and it also looks great with Nymphette or Nars Orgasm lipgloss on top.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

pink in the afternoon is a creamy pink/ coral lipstick.it is creamy,last long,perfect for a little punch of color! Goes really well with any nude,coral,lilac,dark purple,black eye shadows!love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been searching for the perfect baby pink lip. Unfortunately, this isn't quite what I wanted but it is a great neutral pink that would go with anything. It fills in the gap between nude and my brighter pinks. I think I will reach for this frequently.
One downside with the packaging: I wish the cap would click so that you would know its on all the way. Just feels a bit cheap right now

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by celegia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Remember the last scene of "Breakfast at Tiffany's"? You see an "it girl" with a glamorous raincoat, ballet flats and a sleek ponytail. You think how you could look like her. Yes, you own a raincoat, same kind of shoes and, if you spend enough time, you can arrange the hairstyle. But there must be something that you miss...
Wake up! It's the make up. A light cover for your face that could transform every girl from kitch to chic.
How can you achieve Holly/Audrey look? It couldn't be easier!
You need transparent powder, soft smokey eyes (brown or grey doesn't matter), green or blue eyeliner blended with black one and rosy blush. Don't forget a generous hand of lenghtening mascara.
And voilą, the last magic touch! A gorgeous lipstick, called "Pink in the afternoon", right to make your lips fuller.
Apply it lightly because it's pasty and you don't want to look like your old aunt.
Unfortunately you may not end up looking exactly like Holly if you don't have a wet cat!

19 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by VioletOrchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Upon receiving my driving license a million years ago, I donned my pink leather driving gloves, drove myself to Kmart and bought a "Driving Lipstick" - L'Oreal's Pink Tranquilo. This is pretty much that - a very bright (but not neon) creme/matte pink with peach in it. It isn't particularly flattering on me, but don't let that dissuade you. Below reviewer is correct in saying that it makes lips look very dry. Mine tend that way no matter what. If yours do not and you would like a powdery finish shrimp lip color (remember Cover Girl Lip Powders?), get this. I think on the gal with the right insouciant mood, this would be A-1. 16 year old me really wanted to be her.