September 20, 2014 | 1866 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Paula's Choice - Barely There Sheer Matte Tint SPF 30

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by aemccall81

I've had this for forever and after first trying it I thought it was so sheer and didn't do much. I've been trying to go through my makeup collection and re visited this. It's boring but in the best possible way. Doesn't irritate my skin and while it's very light coverage, almost looks like I'm wearing nothing, it makes my skin look incredible and stays matte. I haven't noticed it wearing off and think it still looks great at the end of the day (I'm not the type who would ever touch up my makeup). It's also great to mix a tiny amount into sunscreen to get rid of white cast.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by cejgeorgia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok I like this product. My skin is finicky and I have no problems with this. Coverage is sheer, but I like that. The Zinc oxide seems to calm my skin. I am fair with warm tones and that is who this is for. Good buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by jennbrook

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is Paula's only product that I will not be repurchasing. My skin can pretty much withstand anything, but about 50% of the time I use it, I feel burning on my face and get reactive redness. This disappoints me because I trust Paula not to use irritating ingredients. I looked at the review on her website and only 1 or 2 others experienced the same, so it must be some particular ingredient that my skin doesn't like.

On days I don't immediately have to wash it off, I do think the color and coverage is good for a tinted moisturizer, however its not exactly moisturizing.

I'm sorry Paula, I still love you and all your other products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Kirstie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first tinted moisturizer and I love it! In general, I like most of Paula's products because their is little to no "BS" associated with them (i.e., false marketing claims). The products are simple, but they do what they claim to do. I am way too low maintenance to wear foundation every day, but I decided to try something to even out my skin tone a bit. SPF every day is a must for me.

My only criticism of this product is that I do not find it *quite* hydrating enough for my dry skin, but it is dead of winter right now. In places where the skin on my face is extra dry, I apply a bit of moisturizer with sunscreen under this tinted moisturizer, which works nicely. The color is a perfect match for my light, freckled skin, and this applies nice and sheer, letting my freckles show through. A pea sized drop is all it takes. It spreads evenly. The tube is perfect, with good, controlled, hygienic release of the product. I'm sticking with this - I don't feel tempted to try another brand!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by doorah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have light to medium cool-toned slightly dry mature skin and this tinted moisturizer is hands down the best I've found. I've tried most every high end brand such as Chanel, Dior, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Trish McEvoy, Lancome, Estee Lauder and others that I can't think of right now, oh yeah Origins Nude and Improved was a good one but the scent drove me nuts...it smells like twinkies! Paula's Barely There Sheer Matte is aptly named, it is sheer and matte, unlike the shiny "dewy" tinted moisturizers I am used to. It blurs my imperfections and subtly evens out my skin tone but still looks completely natural. I have cool tones skin and many "neutral" shades look yellow on me but Sheer Neutral is the most natural shade I've ever put on my skin, it lessens the redness without the yellow overcast. This product sinks into my skin and feels like my skin, only softer and smoother. I just love it and I keep a tube at work for those days that I don't have time to apply face makeup before work and I can apply this in seconds with a little compact mirror and it looks perfect! I hope Paula doesn't mess with this formula or discontinue it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by stephh

I had been looking for a good TM that had zinc oxide/titanium dioxide as the active sunscreen ingredients practically forever, so I was excited to try this. Love the results, feels light, good coverage for a TM (I wear Chantecaille powder foundation over it and get a gorgeous finish). I do the lightest shade and it matches my fair skin perfectly. Wish the bottle was larger--it's 1 oz. and with an everyday TM you really go thru that fast. Overall, great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by ShuzieQ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I ordered a sample of this product and I am sooo glad I did! I am now ordering it in the full-size.
I tested this product side-by-side with Laura Mercier TM in Porcelain...literally, one side of my face wore this and the other wore the L.Mercier -- for a couple of days, actually, as I tried to decide which I liked better. I had a VERY difficult time choosing between the two products. Both have SPF. Both have sheer coverage. Both blended well and evened-out my skin. Neither was streaky. Both left my face feeling fresh even hours after application. Neither settled into my fine lines nor pooled in my pores.
The L.Mercier has a teensy bit of shimmer for a subtle illuminating effect (*not* frosty!), which I really liked. The PC Barely There gave *slightly* more coverage and dried to a matte finish, which I really liked also. Decisions, decisions. The deciding factor turned out to be eye irritation: the Laura Mercier irritated my eyes, the Paula's Choice did not. So, I'm buying the PC in Sheer Fair and will use it with a bit of illuminating liquid (eg Benefit Moonbeam) on my cheekbones and eye contour for the perfect coverage/illumination/non-irritation combination. The L. Mercier TM is being returned to Sephora.
I'm 43 with fair, normal-to-dry skin, some redness around my nose and tiny, fine lines just starting to form.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2006 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ctully

I get compliments on my skin when I wear this. It's light but enough to even out my skin tone. I never break out from wearing it, and it looks really natural on. You can layer on more for fuller coverage if you need it.

I can't compare it to other tinted moisturizers--I haven't tried them because I find it bizarre that they only come in one or two shades. If you are looking for light/medium coverage, definitely give this a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2006 11:49:00 PM More reviews by tulipsplash

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Color too yellow; formula caused breakout. Returned for refund... Looking for a better color match and formula for my middle-aged, normal skin that is light/medium with pink/warm undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2005 6:44:00 PM More reviews by tinagee

Please note: this isn't a tinted moisturizer. It's a lightweight foundation, and I LOVE the SPF 20. If you're a MAC NC25, "Sheer Neutral" is the match. This foundation is SOOOO much better in consistency than Paula's other ones. I absolutely hated the one which would separate and you'd have to shake (not sure whether that was the All Bases Covered one or the Best Face Forward one -- but I can tell you that BOTH All Bases Covered and Best Face Forward pale in comparison to the Barely There Sheer Matte Tint). Still gives coverage. Paula got it right this time. My only complaints are
1) I wish it were slightly oil-absorbing. Normally that wouldn't bother me if Paula made her powders more oil-absorbing.
2) I wish the cap on the tube were flip-top instead of twist-off.