Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

4.7

on 2/9/2015 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wanted to see if I could find a more cost effective alternative to my beloved Skindinavia setting spray so I ordered the Mario Badescu Facial Spray. The 4oz. bottle was only $7.00. When I received my package in the mail, I was really pleased to see that they give you 3 generous samples of their other products, right on!

In my opinion, the key to a good setting spray is a combination of two things, the formula and the spray bottle. Skindinavia has the best bottle in my book, it provides a light mist and beats out all the other brands Iíve tried, including this one. Luckily Iím a hoarder and I saved my Skindinavia bottle and transferred Mario over into that bottle. I have to say, it made a difference andÖ. yes I know Iíve invested way to much thought into this.I do like this product very much. It contains various herbs that are good for your skin, aloe and rosewater and the scent is a light rose scent. I spray this on my face before I apply my makeup for moisture and then when Iím done applying my makeup, aside from my mascara (that is always my last step in ďthe processĒ). It melds all my face products (powders, concealer and foundation) together nicely and leaves a dewy finish to the skin. That being said, if you have oily skin, then this might not be for you. Iím planning on purchasing this product again because I really like to start my morning with a light mist of this all over the face, it primes my skin for foundation perfectly, leaving it feeling soft and hydrated. I will however continue my search for an equal to Skindinavia, as far as a setting spray is concerned, only because I prefer a matte finish to the dewy finish this gives.

For more reviews on cruelty free beauty products, visit my blog dizzynicky.wordpress.com or on Instagram @dizzynicky

on 6/8/2014 2:12:00 AM

I love this facial spray!! It is the first facial spray I have tried so I have nothing to compare it to but I don't feel like I need to try anything else! It smells amazing!!! If you don't like the smell of roses you won't like this because it smells like fresh roses! It's hydrating and can be used anytime for a little extra boost. I love using this after applying my makeup for a more dewey, less powdery look. The price is amazing compared to the price of other facial sprays. I will always have a bottle of this! It's wonderful!

on 12/19/2013 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really love this face spray. I keep it in my purse and use it to moisturize my face throughout the day. Since I hate that dry, tight feeling I just spray this on a few times and it makes my face feel so much better. It smells like roses which I really like and is only $7! I definitely prefer this over Mac Fix +.

on 7/13/2013 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I really really like this stuff. I got it because i had a gift card and it was basically free, I wasn't expecting much out of it when I got it. But I was pleasantly surprised. It moisturizes my face a little (i dont even have to use lotion on my face when I spray this on, but I do anyway) and makes me look fresh and dewy. I think it has improved my skin a lot too. I dont have terrible skin but my face seems brighter and my skin feels clearer. It smells good (although the smell lasts very briefly) and is very refreshing feeling on the face. I would definitely buy this again, it's pretty cheap considering how long it lasts. I've been using it for 3 months and have been very happy with it.

on 10/7/2012 1:14:00 PM

i mainly use this as a makeup "setting" spray and refresher spray on days when i use foundation / powder. i find that it does an excellent job of removing the powdery look that can result from powder [foundation] and blush to help my face look more natural. i have also used this as a toner in a pinch, but don't like it as much for that purpose, although it does help me condense products when i travel. i love the smell of roses, which doesn't linger or irritate my sensitive eyes. i found this at ulta for about $7, making it an affordable great product.

on 7/7/2012 8:14:00 PM

I love this product very much.

It is so amazing, I use it on top of my makeup, I use it as a toner at times, I use it when I do not feel the need to wear makeup, I use it just because I want to.

It is refreshing.

My favorite facial spray aside from the Boots Botanics Rosewater Spray.

on 1/21/2012 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Wonderful product, especiallt for the price point. I keep it near my desk and give myself a little spritz when I feel dry. Can be used under and on top of makeup. I love it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A friend recommended this to me, and I absolutely love it. It does such a great job of setting my make up and it feels very refreshing. At some places, this is cheaper than the water spray. Depending on where you get it. It's definitely worth a try. I haven't tried any other facial sprays/ make up setters so I don't have anything to compare it to. So I can honestly say this is the best I've tried. :)

on 2/26/2010 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

omg this is one of my FAVORITE products i LOVE mario badescu
's products anyway but this is one of the best!! i love a dewy look when i do my makeup so after i put my foundation,powder,bronzer ect ect i spray this on and it sets my makeup amazing plus it gives me that dewy look i love instead of it looking so dull!!!!!!!! also every other spray i used usually drya my skin up even tho its suppossed to hydrate! i use this morning day n night! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!! mario badescu products are my favorite and the pricing is so cheap you cant go wrong!!!

on 8/21/2009 4:07:00 PM

I like this product. It is just very soothing. You don't really need it, but it just feels nice to put on and its much cheaper than the Avene thermal water spray. I dont find the smell bad, but it seems like people on here do. Its a soft rose smell... nothing too strong that would bother you all day, its a more natural smell.