MAC Hue

4.4

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Ozokerite, Copernica Cerifera (Carnauba Wax), Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin.

on 1/16/2015 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really like this lipstick. It's my go to night time nude. It doesn't wash out the face and has a really nice texture.

I would recommend this!

on 1/11/2015 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this lipstick. I use the word Like instead of Love because there are some cons to it, but over all I like it. Let's start with all the goods:

This lipstick has a beautiful color, I love the very nude leaning pink shade. On my NC20 skin it doesn't wash me out even if I wear only mascara on my eyes. But it's still very nude. And like all MAC lipsticks it has a wonderful smell and the packaging is sleek and feels high quality.

Now the formula is not as great. It's not awful, but this is the only lipstick in a Glaze finish that I own from MAC, and it's also the lipstick I like the least formula-wise. It's a no go for dry and flakey lips, even if you thought your lips were fine this lipstick might tell you otherwise. The lastingpower is also not the best.

I will definitly keep using this lipstick, but if I find a similar shade where the formula is better from MAC I won't be repurchasing this exact one.

on 11/13/2014 5:27:00 PM

This is my everyday lipstick! I'm NC20 and I think it really flatters my skin. You do need to have smoot lips because the lipstick tends to get in the little creases. Anyways, I'm really glad I purchased it!

on 11/13/2014 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love this soft pink cremesheen. The color and texture is fantastic, as expected. The product itself lasts forever. Perfect for my autumn/winter skin tone.

CONS:
Dries out my lips terribly.
Cannot be applied over lip moisturizer - must be applied to a dry lip.
Accentuates any flaking, dry spots or lip lines. Even on my freshly exfoliated lips.

Bummer because I really love it otherwise. But it looks like crap 20-30 mins after I put it on. Won't repurchase after tube #2.

on 1/5/2014 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hue was my first MAC lipstick. I wear this every single day. If your lips are not in perfect condition, boy is this going to look bad. Scrub off any dead skin on your lips and moisturize them very well. Apply this in thin layers if you don't want it to settle. It's the only nude that doesn't look awful on me since it's pink rather than beige.

I've tried a lot of nude lipsticks and this is my favorite. It's not too opaque so it's nice that you can build it up or leave it more sheer. I normally wear this when I have a smokey or dramatic eye, however I occasionally use as a wash of color during the day and it works well for that too. Only downside to this lipstick is it does sometimes give a bad texture and make my lips look dry. I have to make sure I condition my lips a lot if I'm going to be wearing this.

on 8/7/2013 10:11:00 PM

My Holy Grail nude lipstick! I have light to medium skin with a yellow undertone and this lipstick looks sooooo good with my complexion! It would look really good on lighter skin too but it would be too light on darker skin past medium. The texture is so creamy and moisturizing and isn't completely matte so it's not drying on the lips. It goes with pretty much any eye look and any outfit and it's a really good everyday and going out lipstick. Definitely worth the price!

The M.A.C. Lipstick in the shade "Hue" is the perfect lipstick for beginning makeup users. This was my first M.A.C. lipstick and I absolutely love the shade and the consistency. It feels very smooth on your lips and lasts for a good amount of time. Be sure to apply a little bit of product because if an abundance of this product is applied, it can look caky. Overall, this product would look great on most skin tones, is a great deal, and I would definitely repurchase this lipstick again!

I love MAC Hue and have for a couple years now. I'm approaching 40 (GASP!) and often find the more popular nudes are too pinky, too greigey or too washed out for me. I pair this with Clinique Lipblush when I'm sunkissed or Clinique Neutrally when I am more pale in the winter months. My favorite gloss over it is Mac Prrr. This is a lippy I will purchase over and over and over again.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

mac's super nude lipsticks never impress me, and this is no exception. no matter what i can't make it work because the color is soo pale and dead looking. i guess not everyone can look good with the dead lip look

Popular Lipsticks