MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.5

on 4/7/2015 11:51:00 PM

Really great matte red lipstick. Product is pretty drying and can bleed. Would not recommend applying without lip liner. I've worn to a party where... lots of drinking was involved... and I was worried about my lipstick all night but it stayed put really well given the situation. Although I would not try reapplying unless necessary, it gets pretty clumpy on the second application.

on 4/7/2015 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

What a perfect red! Joined the MAC party a bit late, but i'm glad I started with this. I'm NW 35 for reference, with a yellow-toned complexion. This color pops out as the perfect accessory to brighten up my face. I have the retro matte version, which goes on smooth, but can be a bit drying. However, it doesn't seep into your lip lines, or become uneven. You can touch up after 4-5 hours or after you've eaten, but the color stays fresh and deep. Truly recommended for women with a wheatish complexion.

on 1/18/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Such a great colour! I always get compliments when I wear Ruby Woo. However it is the driest of the retro mattes so a lip primer is a must. I always team it with a lip pencil to get a crisp line. This lippy also lasts over coffee and food. Love it.

on 1/7/2015 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is my very first (High-end) MAC lipstick, and sorry to say that this baby is GORGEOUS AND WOC friendly!!!! Words can't even describe how beautiful this red is for my skin tone. I highly recommend this lipstick b/c it will fit EVERY SKIN TONE!!!! I had this for nearly a month now, and this will be one of the lipsticks I will repurchase!!! Way to go MAC!!!

on 12/17/2014 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ruby woo is a very very dry lipstick, once you apply it the appearance really shows the dryness. There are some wonderful alternatives to get a nice bold red lip, also with Mac but without the extreme dryness. Try the long wear line- the red in that formula , I have that for when I feel like rocking the red lip and its moisturizing, stays in place and barley needs touching up during a night out. Hope that helps :)

on 12/14/2014 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

The perfect red, everyone should own this. It last long and super vibrant! A must have!

on 11/12/2014 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite red lipstick ever, HANDS DOWN. Ruby woo is a very vivid bright blue based matte lipstick. This lipstick looks like velvet on the lips and the finish is amazing, it's super matte and that's what I love about it. It stays on all day and I rarely have too touch up throughout the day. This is a one of a kind red and I feel so confident and beautiful when I wear it. I always get compliments on this lipstick. Ruby Woo also looks good on EVERYONE. It doesn't matter if you have very pale skin or very dark skin because this lipstick makes everyone look stunning. I would defenitly reccomend this lipstick too anyone who's looking for a kick ass matte red. ps ; mac lipsticks smell amazing!!

on 11/12/2014 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

One of my favourite lipsticks. The best part about this product is that anyone can use it regardless of their skin tone. It's really red, it lasts, it's matte which is a plus in my book. It's a must have I made all my friends get it heehee.

on 11/10/2014 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My very first MAC lipstick. I have been wearing Ruby Woo for years and it is still my favorite. It is a bright true red that looks absolutely stunning on me. I always get compliments when I wear this lipstick especially from men lol. It is sexy! It is quite dry so I advise that lips are exfoliated and moisturized before application. This is the perfect lipstick to wear if you want to not worry about reapplying and touching up, it really stays put. No bleeding. No smudging off. No kissing off lol. Ruby Woo is most definitely a MUST HAVE! Everyone should own it ;)

ps. I sometimes pair it with MAC's Cherry, Vino or Currant lip liner.

on 8/26/2014 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Lovely TRUE red shade! stays on all day and wears soo beautifully. The formula is very matte, I prefer it that way because I personally looove mattes when it comes to red lipstick or satin. I dont like glossy. I dont mind the "dry" feeling because my lips have been moistuized from before and I used MAC's lip primer on my lips. An advantage of matte lipstick is that it tends to stay on longer,as oppossed to other finishes.
This is a true red. A staple in every woman's makeup collection.

Popular Lipsticks