MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.5

on 7/21/2015 4:10:00 AM

Nice colour.it is like those high end red colour u expect(matte,elegant and neat).however,it does not last.PLUS IT IS SO PRICEY......

on 5/25/2015 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Ruby Woo is probably by far one my favorite lipstick by MAC. Everything about this lipstick is perfection. Im obsessed with matte lipsticks, only thing this lipstick tends to get it dry. My suggestion would be to moisturize your lips before you apply it on. I also love how ruby woo stays on ALL day.

Ruby woo is my problematic fave.

I have probably 5 matte red lipsticks and I love them all, but ruby woo remains my favorite simply because the color is so deep and beautiful. When applied correctly the super dry matte texture is also gorgeous, but because it is SO matte it presents some problems. After applying this for the first time and sitting around for a few hours in class, maybe drinking some water, I find that it is worn off in the center of my mouth (embarrassing) and chunky and flaky around the edges. I was super disappointed, as I had heard amazing things about ruby woo and what a great luxurious product it was. Eventually I learned you just have to be careful when you apply it. Now I exfoliate my lips with a toothbrush and slather them in rosebud salve and let them soak it up while I apply the rest of my makeup, line the outside and fill in with a pencil (a cheap nyx one) and apply ruby woo in the center and blend out with my ring finger, layering a bit depending on how intense I want it. Done this way it is beautiful and lasts for hours! Highly recommended.

on 4/7/2015 11:51:00 PM

Really great matte red lipstick. Product is pretty drying and can bleed. Would not recommend applying without lip liner. I've worn to a party where... lots of drinking was involved... and I was worried about my lipstick all night but it stayed put really well given the situation. Although I would not try reapplying unless necessary, it gets pretty clumpy on the second application.

on 4/7/2015 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

What a perfect red! Joined the MAC party a bit late, but i'm glad I started with this. I'm NW 35 for reference, with a yellow-toned complexion. This color pops out as the perfect accessory to brighten up my face. I have the retro matte version, which goes on smooth, but can be a bit drying. However, it doesn't seep into your lip lines, or become uneven. You can touch up after 4-5 hours or after you've eaten, but the color stays fresh and deep. Truly recommended for women with a wheatish complexion.

on 1/18/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Such a great colour! I always get compliments when I wear Ruby Woo. However it is the driest of the retro mattes so a lip primer is a must. I always team it with a lip pencil to get a crisp line. This lippy also lasts over coffee and food. Love it.

on 1/7/2015 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

This is my very first (High-end) MAC lipstick, and sorry to say that this baby is GORGEOUS AND WOC friendly!!!! Words can't even describe how beautiful this red is for my skin tone. I highly recommend this lipstick b/c it will fit EVERY SKIN TONE!!!! I had this for nearly a month now, and this will be one of the lipsticks I will repurchase!!! Way to go MAC!!!

on 12/17/2014 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ruby woo is a very very dry lipstick, once you apply it the appearance really shows the dryness. There are some wonderful alternatives to get a nice bold red lip, also with Mac but without the extreme dryness. Try the long wear line- the red in that formula , I have that for when I feel like rocking the red lip and its moisturizing, stays in place and barley needs touching up during a night out. Hope that helps :)

on 12/14/2014 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

The perfect red, everyone should own this. It last long and super vibrant! A must have!

on 11/12/2014 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite red lipstick ever, HANDS DOWN. Ruby woo is a very vivid bright blue based matte lipstick. This lipstick looks like velvet on the lips and the finish is amazing, it's super matte and that's what I love about it. It stays on all day and I rarely have too touch up throughout the day. This is a one of a kind red and I feel so confident and beautiful when I wear it. I always get compliments on this lipstick. Ruby Woo also looks good on EVERYONE. It doesn't matter if you have very pale skin or very dark skin because this lipstick makes everyone look stunning. I would defenitly reccomend this lipstick too anyone who's looking for a kick ass matte red. ps ; mac lipsticks smell amazing!!

Popular Lipsticks