MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.5

I wanted to love this product. Really, I did. But it was just a bust for me. The formula was incredibly drying. It stayed put, but creased and made my lips look old and dehydrated. It took four applications to get the color to be opaque and not splotchy. The red tone was pretty, and the vanilla scent is nice, but honestly I'd rather buy a drugstore matte product to this one. Save your money on their primer- which I adore. This lipstick is a miss.

My favorite besides Viva Glam I. A good bright red and doesn't need much touching up.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Love this shade however it's quite drying on my lips

Best Red Lipstick I've had so far. it complements my face and emphasises the complexion of my skin. it accentuates my features and I can tell that it gives me more attention when I walk around wearing it. Definitely worth my money.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Lovely color. I've owned a lot of red lipsticks and never loved them, I liked them but after some time I would just get bored of them. But this time was different cause in my opinion this is the best red lipstick out there. If you are looking for a great red lipstick I suggest you buy this one, you can't go wrong with it. If you are on a budget it may be a little expensive but it's definetely worth the money. It's not super easy to apply, and it can make your lips dry if they are not properly moisturized so the best way to wear it is to exfoliate and moisturize very well before applying and it will look perfect. It lasts all day, I've even eaten while wearing it and it stays in place! I would highly recommend this lipstick!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Yesterday, a Philippine tandem called ALDUB broke the tweeter record worldwide. The actress who's name is Maine Mendoza is the other half of the tandem. In a daily basis at the show, she always wear this lipstick. People got curious about it. The lipstick certainly made a statement for her and ofcourse of her beauty. Thanks to her, now, this lipstick is sold out all over the Philippines. I will post a picture of her with the lipstick so you can see how this lipstick brought radiant to her pretty face :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Ruby Woo is my favourite lipstick!! It's a great classic red that would suit every skin tone!! It stays on all day and keeps its gorgeous colour. The product is very matte however i dont think it is drying at all. The smell of the lipstick is the same as all other MAC lipsticks which i personally love! Overall this lipstick is amazing and i will definitely be repurchasing when mines runs out!

Ruby Woo is my absolute fave colour out of all of my lipsticks.
It's a beautiful, rich, classic red that flatters my fair-medium complexion.

To prevent any dryness I make sure to exfoliate and moisturise my lips well, then to keep it in place I use Ruby Woo lip liner to fill in my lips and then glide the lipstick over the top and it doesn't affect the colour at all.

This really is a stunning, gorgeous colour and I think it would compliment most complexions but it definitely works really well for me.

I would definitely recommend it for anyone who is looking for an amazing red shade to add to their collection.

Nice colour.it is like those high end red colour u expect(matte,elegant and neat).however,it does not last.PLUS IT IS SO PRICEY......

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Ruby Woo is probably by far one my favorite lipstick by MAC. Everything about this lipstick is perfection. Im obsessed with matte lipsticks, only thing this lipstick tends to get it dry. My suggestion would be to moisturize your lips before you apply it on. I also love how ruby woo stays on ALL day.

Video Reviews & Tutorials