October 26, 2014 | 870 users online

Crème - Mary Kay - Cream-to-Powder Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first foundation I've tried/used from the Mary Kay line in years. A friend of mine sells the brand and, since I am always on the hunt for the "next best foundation", I was determined to find one in MK that would work for me. The color range in this line is so inconsistent, but that's another story/review. I'm NC44 in MAC but I find that in the liquid foundation, MK's darkest beige offering is too light for me, but Bronze 1 is too dark, which is how I settled on the Cream-to-Powder formula because there is a Bronze 0.5 available in it, which works for me. I use a damp sponge to apply it, and when I first swipe it on it reeks of yellow (which has left me questioning my true undertone lately). Once I blend it all out it actually looks decent. It wears well on me throughout the day. I have a little oiliness in my T-zone, and I find that I need to touch it up a couple of times during the day with my MAC Blot Powder, but it's nothing major and is not unlike every other foundation I have used. UPDATE: I tried this foundation in Beige 4 and think it works better than Bronze 0.5, which has really turned out to be too yellow for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by gLoOo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My face loves this foundation.. My face is ivory (I am NC20 on MAC) It lasts long on my face and gives a good coverage. It also gives a natural and flawless look on me like i haven't put anything. It minimizes my pores and I still look fresh at the end of the day! This foundation doesn't appear cakey. Though, I need to set it with a powder foundation because my face gets oily when I put it on alone. I will definitely buy this product again. Its worth the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by enlight75

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

its a good powder, it goes on smooth and looks natural. it doesn't make me break out, but since i have oily skin it doesn't last on me :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by briii

This is an awesome cream to powder foundation. It looks amazing on and it covers up all my imperfections. It lasts pretty much all day and doesn't look cakey on. I will definately continue to buy this foundation. Its amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2009 3:37:00 AM More reviews by kristymcn92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this product. It gives a nice, polished look, it is very smooth, and covers pretty well. The only complaints I have about this is if I don't use moisturizer before, it flakes on me, and it feels somewhat heavy on my skin. I would use powder, but I hate reapplying all day, so this stuff works pretty well for me. Will buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by MaMaMarisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After figuring out that Mineral Make Up might be causing my breakouts, I needed something that would give me good coverage, look natural & of course not break me out. This almost fits the bill. I love how it feels going on, and I especially love how soft & natural it looks. The coverage is good- but not Great. And for anyone who has had acne, you know that it's harder to cover up pimples and scars than it is for someone who doesn't have to deal with those flaws. However, this doesn't break me out and is perfect for my normal/combo skin. It doesn't make me dry or oily. I just add a little concealer where I need it and Wah-lah!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2005 11:52:00 PM More reviews by caitlin_424

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm torn with this product! It glides on nicely and provides excellent coverage (I don't have to use concealer!) and yet comes in a rather unattractive container, has a steep price tag for such a small amount and ends up a little caky at the end of the day. Hmm..I bought the compact for a whopping 9 dollars--so I guess I'm bound by the hip to say this product is fabulous. hahaa..overall thought it's a nice product. I like it much better than the medium coverage liquid foundation. Though mary kay definitely needs to get some spf in her products or she will lose customers soon!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2005 8:27:00 PM More reviews by gal_gini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, there are a lot of bad reviews for this one! It seems to work for my oily/slightly zit-prone skin. I don't have a lot to cover up, so I only use a light about around my nose, chin and forehead (if I have acne), blend it well, and it stays nice all day. I am in and out in the heat, so I cannot use a light foundation, they just run and smear. I cannot imagine wearing it all over my face, it would feel too heavy. Also takes some practice blending. But it stays put and covers my redness where needed. Also cuts down on my powder use during the day, which is a plus! Now if they will cut the price in half... :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2004 9:47:00 PM More reviews by pretty_baby1970

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was quite disappointed with this product! Even when I used moisturizer, this product showed wrinkles I didn't even know existed. I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2004 9:00:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I have to admit, I was a Mary Kay foundation defector was about thirteen years since I first used it in 1991. However, I have found this to be one of the best foundations I have EVER used. Only gripe is, the packaging makes it hard to get to when it gets low. The sponge can't reach product on the sides. I use either my fingers or Qtips to get at it. One caveat: a little goes a very long way and makes the skin look awesomely smooth and beautiful. No need for powder unless your skin is super oily. Love this product and would no doubt repurchase.